U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM

52,390 posts, read 42,133,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Agree.

It's prejudice. It reminds me of headlines of murders that were committed by or to a gay person. It is suddenly a " gay murder ", but it's never a " straight murder ".

Applying sexuality as the cause or at least hinting that it is part of the cause only seems to apply to non-heterosexuals and people doing this want to suggest that gay is lesser, or that old myth, that gay people are somehow mentally frail.

Why isn't sexuality mentioned and blamed, in cases like Bundy for instance? Certainly he had sexual issues, but the whole straight community wasn't put into question.

The OP's attempt is a huge fail.
While I agree the OP's claim is completely empty (I suspect they binge watched season 2 of Netflix Mindhunter), the reason headlines mention gays is often in defense of them and to raise awareness as they are a protected class and thus it can be a bias crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM

12,822 posts, read 8,883,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While I agree the OP's claim is completely empty (I suspect they binge watched season 2 of Netflix Mindhunter), the reason headlines mention gays is often in defense of them and to raise awareness as they are a protected class and thus it can be a bias crime.
Except " gay murder " was much more prevalent before gays were a protected class. It's with education over the years that people see it in a different light.

Headlines like that are seen as sensational, and unless the person was murdered for being gay, not important to the story.

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

669 posts, read 376,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
So, two serial killers out of hundreds have been gay. Sounds like about 5% to me, which what one would expect from the general population as well. This is nothing but another anti-gay post, which we see often in our culture with the gay guy being the bad guy. Individuals make their own choices, and being a victim doesn't make one a serial killer.
(Swing and miss)

They are 2 examples of thousands of gay shame killers

Suggesting that gay shaming created killers = anti gay??

Wow...

Swing, miss, faceplant

Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They dont kill because they are gay

They kill because they are ASHAMED of being gay

Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Agree.

It's prejudice. It reminds me of headlines of murders that were committed by or to a gay person. It is suddenly a " gay murder ", but it's never a " straight murder ".

Applying sexuality as the cause or at least hinting that it is part of the cause only seems to apply to non-heterosexuals and people doing this want to suggest that gay is lesser, or that old myth, that gay people are somehow mentally frail.

Why isn't sexuality mentioned and blamed, in cases like Bundy for instance? Certainly he had sexual issues, but the whole straight community wasn't put into question.

The OP's attempt is a huge fail.
Talk about fail

Straight killers kill because they dont want to get in trouble for rape...if rape were legal they wouldn't kill in most cases...thrill killers are rare

gay shame killers kill because they dont want people to find out they are gay

have somebody read the thread to you

Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
There's more than two homosexual serial killers, but I don't disagree with your conclusion.

The OPs claims completely ignore serial killers targeting either gender (of any sexual orientation), targeting the opposite gender, targeting kids, and ignore female serial killers entirely too.

Its one of those hypotheses that only applies in the case of homosexual male serial killers targeting homosexual men, where it may have some credence. However those are few and far between.
I am SPECIFICALLY referring to gay shame killers
Like dahmer and gacy

They kill because they dont want to be gay...but they are and they are ashamed of it

Ramirez killed for sex and thrills...like Ridgeway

Totally diff motivation

Old Today, 12:06 AM

6,400 posts, read 4,238,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
I am SPECIFICALLY referring to gay shame killers
Like dahmer and gacy

They kill because they dont want to be gay...but they are and they are ashamed of it

Ramirez killed for sex and thrills...like Ridgeway

Totally diff motivation
So what your hypothesis is is that in the case of homosexual serial killers homicides that are motivated by shame of being homosexual. That the cause of such serial killers is shame of being homosexual.

Have you familiar with the word tautology?

Here's an example...

In the case of people receiving burns from hot water, the cause of such burns is that the water is too hot.

Old Today, 01:47 AM

30,834 posts, read 33,700,401 times
People have been shamed for way more things than being gay. Shame does not make a killer.

Old Today, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People have been shamed for way more things than being gay. Shame does not make a killer.
Shame does not always make a killer

But it DID with dhamer and gacy

Old Today, 04:31 PM

30,270 posts, read 16,805,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Shame does not always make a killer

But it DID with dhamer and gacy
Your opinion only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or