U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:21 PM

48,894 posts, read 45,866,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't think anybody characterizes ALL Blacks as acting this way, nor condoning this behavior. However, Wilding, The Knock Out Game, Wolf Packs, and all the other incidents of inner city rioting, looting, and violence by mobs of "youths" and "teens" happen to always be Blacks. No?
I never said that all people come to complain about Blacks. I have never condoned such violent behavior like the incidents we're speaking of. However, whenever there are individuals who only come for the purpose of venting their resentment towards Blacks, why would I want to have such a discussion about race with them? If the only thing someone brings to the table is resentment, how is that going to make things any better? That is the point I'm trying to drive home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:02 PM

12,333 posts, read 11,402,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never said that all people come to complain about Blacks. I have never condoned such violent behavior like the incidents we're speaking of. However, whenever there are individuals who only come for the purpose of venting their resentment towards Blacks, why would I want to have such a discussion about race with them? If the only thing someone brings to the table is resentment, how is that going to make things any better? That is the point I'm trying to drive home.
You continue to call resentment for simple truths about a component of a culture.

Old Today, 08:38 PM

5,102 posts, read 1,005,603 times
The act of people in Philly and other places doing this act we call "wilding" runs opposite of Philadelphia's Greek meaning of "brotherly love", sadly.

Old Today, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You continue to call resentment for simple truths about a component of a culture.
That "blame it on white supremacy" comment won't help. What else was I suppose to get out of it?

Old Today, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The act of people in Philly and other places doing this act we call "wilding" runs opposite of Philadelphia's Greek meaning of "brotherly love", sadly.
The city of Philadelphia has alot of issues with crime. Veterans Stadium had a jail inside of it during the late 1990s to deal with violent sports fans. Philadelphia has been making the news for bad reasons. And this isn't anything new. Philadelphia has been having this "wilding" problem since 2009. Part of me keeps asking myself "why Philadelphia"? What is it about Philadelphia?

Philadelphia was named such by William Penn. As a Quaker, Penn wanted his colony to be a place where people would have religious freedom. Hence, "the city of brotherly love".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies