U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 12:27 PM

10,285 posts, read 8,213,295 times

Advertisements

OP. Your perceptions are precisely why your side is losing elections. This is chess, not checkers. Start playing chess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 03:54 PM

19,139 posts, read 9,866,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I don't get the point of saying he is a "fake president."

That's not even accurate.

He won the electoral college, and lost the popular vote. But the electoral college is what determines the winner.

He might be fake in the OP's head, but to everyone else in the real world, he's legit.

Some people may not like him, or agree with him, but hey life ain't always fair folks.
I don't think logic is going to have any effect on OP, I applaudyou for trying though.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:06 PM

52,456 posts, read 42,188,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
OP. Your perceptions are precisely why your side is losing elections. This is chess, not checkers. Start playing chess.
It was reported that Bill Clinton lost his temper big time about 6 weeks before the election over how Hillary & Co. were running their campaign.

I fully believe that as close as the results were, Hillary could have won the presidency but they were either too stupid\lazy\assured of victory that they didn't hit the swing states hard like they should have.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:27 PM

22,421 posts, read 27,730,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You must be thinking of all the conservaties when Obama was re-elected. Lawd. So much crying.
What conservatives were saying that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
We need to assign the EC votes based proportionally instead of winner take all. Some states already do.

When one considers that 45% of the people who were eligible didn't vote, that Trump got 46% and Hillary 48 does not say much for some big win for Trump. Half of us didn't care enough to vote.

But we spend a lot of money world wide and kill a lot of people pushing democracy. Go figure
Bill Clinton only got 42% in 1992.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:32 PM

6,662 posts, read 2,022,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Donald Trump got crushed in the election much like George W bush but worse...far worse
Near 3 million more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton then did for Donald Trump so it's hard to take him seriously as a leader
If Donald Trump somehow regains his position after another crushing election defeat will Americans actually accept it again or will something more severe occur
I grew up internationally and always heard Americans preach preach preach about democracy

Although I am a legal American citizen
(USA born to an American father and a South African mother) I find it absolutely hilarious that we invade other countries (under the premise of bringing a democratic process to them) and talk so deeply and with such reverence for democracy yet do not practice it here at home with her very own presidential elections

"Gore won 500,000 more popular votes than Republican George W. Bush but narrowly lost in the electoral college after the Supreme Court of the United States ordered a halt to the manual recounting of disputed ballots in Florida"
https://www.britannica.com/event/Uni...ection-of-2000

"More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.
The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%)"
https://www-m.cnn.com/2016/12/21/pol...kduckgo.com%2F

I only lived in South Africa for 7 years but I can remember the United States going on and on about how important it was to bring a democratic election to our country...

Today the black government is planning on seizing all white owned land and sanctioning the murders of farmers... ( just like Rhodesia)

So even though democracy has had a hideous impact on my people I find it the epitome of hypocrisy that the United States doesn't respect democracy during its presidential election ... all the blacks on my grandfather's Farm were paid employees unlike in the USA

A democratic election is a great way to destroy a colonial power... perhaps if South Africans would have murdered all the natives and used slaves to build the country we would have had a better shot at survival

does that process sound familiar?
Are you aware that with the losses of Al Gore, John Kerry, and Hilary Clinton, each time there were considered to be some very suspicious elements casting doubts on the results?

Old 08-19-2019, 07:46 PM

719 posts, read 380,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
We need to assign the EC votes based proportionally instead of winner take all. Some states already do.

When one considers that 45% of the people who were eligible didn't vote, that Trump got 46% and Hillary 48 does not say much for some big win for Trump. Half of us didn't care enough to vote.

But we spend a lot of money world wide and kill a lot of people pushing democracy. Go figure

a pitaful amount of people voted in that election

I've read one quarter of the American population voted for fake president Trump

what we need is a no confidence option

if you're not happy with your options you vote no confidence and when the majority (democracy) comes out no confidence we start over with new candidates

One thing is certain...this aint a democratic process...

Well it is DEMOCRATIC unless its the PRESIDENTIAL election...thats the only one we abandoned democracy for

LOL

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-voter-turnout

Last edited by Boer; 08-19-2019 at 07:56 PM..

Old 08-19-2019, 08:01 PM

3,492 posts, read 2,381,626 times
Seeing how many tossed their morals and fell for this one. No telling who or what they will want next.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Football season is starting up, imagine some butthurt fan complaining that his team didn't really lose because they had more total yardage despite having fewer points.

Well gee, if the goal was total yards I would think anyone with a functional level of intelligence would recognize on their own that the strategies would have been different and thus we don't know how the total yards would have ended up under a different set of rules.

I like sports analogies

I'm a wrestling coach

American presidential elections would be just like football if we used points for all the games leading up to the Superbowl but then in the Superbowl every once in awhile at the end we said....

stop wait a minute the person who actually won more points didn't REALLY win because now we're counting yards instead

and only for the Superbowl

So we change the outcome for the person who actually lost on points and give them the title and its only benefiting the same party over and over

then football would be like our elections

I guess you just cant trust every citizen with an equal vote huh?

Old 08-19-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Are you aware that with the losses of Al Gore, John Kerry, and Hilary Clinton, each time there were considered to be some very suspicious elements casting doubts on the results?
I'd say the entire process is pretty suspicious

Like a slick corporate puppet show designed to fool the population into believing they are participants in the democratic process

If i didn't know better id say George w bush was working for the petroleum company

Fake president trump lost the election even with the ruasian troll farms assist

Maybee it was rigged...LOL

Not as shady as the fl recount tho...LOL

Old 08-19-2019, 08:30 PM

19,139 posts, read 9,866,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
a pitaful amount of people voted in that election

I've read one quarter of the American population voted for fake president Trump

what we need is a no confidence option

if you're not happy with your options you vote no confidence and when the majority (democracy) comes out no confidence we start over with new candidates

One thing is certain...this aint a democratic process...

Well it is DEMOCRATIC unless its the PRESIDENTIAL election...thats the only one we abandoned democracy for

LOL

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-voter-turnout
Nope. never has been and never will be "democratic"....our system has worked for over 200 years to create the richest, most powerful, best technology in world history, why change for the TDS cry babies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or