U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 04:14 PM

719 posts, read 380,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Dude, we get it already, you don't like the rules of the game therefore you don't like the outcome. Boo hoo for you.
What about that rule that says that the Electoral power of the state is supposed to directly be tied to its population?

How do you feel about that rule?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
By your logic, since all Presidents were elected under the electoral college, then all Presidents past and present are fake.
Nice spin attempt

all the best lies have a grain of Truth

I never said there was anything wrong with the Electoral College I said there was something wrong with the amount of electoral votes each state has because it is not directly proportional to their population like it's supposed to be

that's calling democracy

have someone explain it to you

Old 08-21-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
The election of the leader of the states is too important to allow one or two states to be able to control the presidency. I just explained that in the text you quoted, so I assume reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours.

The electorate is tied to state population. Thus it allows some states more votes, but still allows many smaller states to avoid being overran by large population centers. It was set up exactly to keep huge areas like New York, LA, Chicago etc. from dictating terms to all the smaller states. Thank goodness it was, or we would have been stuck with Hillary.

As to what you feel is legitimate, well that makes up approximately 1,300,000,000 of the population, so your feelings don't trump Trump's election.

My feelings have nothing to do with it

the fact is the electoral power of each state has supposed to be directly tied to its population

that's called democracy and it's a fact

It's got nothing to do with feelings

Old 08-21-2019, 04:18 PM

46,504 posts, read 18,402,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
swing Miss faceplant

I was born in the United States of a South African mother and an American father

I only lived in South Africa for 7 years

But I studied the situation my entire life and I always thought it was really interesting how hard Americans were trying to force DEMOCRACY on us
Are you for real? Before the election Democrats were crowing about Hillary's "BLUE WALL". Now they whine about the popular vote. It's called being a hypocrite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZS6ycf2Q6A

Old 08-21-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
I went through this as much as I could. Do you think the US elects presidents based on a popular vote? Because if you do, my next question is how you juggle being a wrestling coach with what must be the considerable academic rigors of the fifth grade?
You really ought to have someone read the post to you

it would help your comprehension a lot

I never said that the popular vote was supposed to elect the president

I said that each State's electoral power is supposed to be directly tied to its population

Old 08-21-2019, 04:30 PM

46,504 posts, read 18,402,707 times
Quote:
I said that each State's electoral power is supposed to be directly tied to its population
Each state's electoral power is defined by the US Constitution. What makes you think otherwise?

Old 08-21-2019, 04:42 PM

3,579 posts, read 1,406,292 times
Quote:
What about that rule that says that the Electoral power of the state is supposed to directly be tied to its population?

How do you feel about that rule?
If you're curious enough to know what the ACTUAL rule is for determining the number of electors, I will refer you to Article II, Clause 2 of the Constitution.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:02 PM

2,345 posts, read 680,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer

I understand exactly how the process works in America I just think it's illegitimate...
There are a whole lot of stupid ideas out there. Some people think man never landed on the moon. Others think that the Earth is flat. There are still others who are convinced, for a moral certainty, that Elvis Presley is still living. Obviously...all of those notions are completely wrong.

Here's what you think you understand (but in fact do not really understand) about how the U.S. elects its Commander-in-Chief: The states (which created the federal government, not the other way around) elect the President. Most of the other offices are elected by popular vote, but not the President. He/she is elected by vote of the Electoral College, and the candidate garnering the most electoral votes is in fact the duly elected President of these United States. (Hint: With this understanding, you now have no excuse for thinking that Hillary Clinton is the President. She isn't. She lost in the only place that mattered...the Electoral College. Period. In fact, the better-informed among us could refer to her as FAKE President Felonia von Pantsuit, since she didn't get enough votes the Electoral College.)

Incidentally, that's what makes us a federal republic instead of some garden-variety unitary state. Just thought you'd like to know.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Each state's electoral power is defined by the US Constitution. What makes you think otherwise?
Well clearly the numerical vote tally is not accurate

the Electoral College is democratic and 3 million more people voted for Clinton

She should have won

You do understand that each State's electoral power is supposed to be dependent on its population...

Old 08-22-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
If you're curious enough to know what the ACTUAL rule is for determining the number of electors, I will refer you to Article II, Clause 2 of the Constitution.
I already posted several articles defining how the Electoral College works

states with bigger populations get more electoral votes because the United States is supposed to be a democracy ( a constitutional republic that uses the Democratic process to elect its leaders)

So how can someone win the electoral college and not the Democratic vote

Clearly the Electoral power of the state is not contiguous/ synonymous with the population as it should be and as it is defined by Congress

Trump voters hate democracy because they know democracy kills Trump

Trumps not a fake President

Trump is a REALLY fake president

Last edited by Boer; 08-22-2019 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or