U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2019, 09:35 AM

719 posts, read 380,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
There are a whole lot of stupid ideas out there. Some people think man never landed on the moon. Others think that the Earth is flat. There are still others who are convinced, for a moral certainty, that Elvis Presley is still living. Obviously...all of those notions are completely wrong.

Here's what you think you understand (but in fact do not really understand) about how the U.S. elects its Commander-in-Chief: The states (which created the federal government, not the other way around) elect the President. Most of the other offices are elected by popular vote, but not the President. He/she is elected by vote of the Electoral College, and the candidate garnering the most electoral votes is in fact the duly elected President of these United States. (Hint: With this understanding, you now have no excuse for thinking that Hillary Clinton is the President. She isn't. She lost in the only place that mattered...the Electoral College. Period. In fact, the better-informed among us could refer to her as FAKE President Felonia von Pantsuit, since she didn't get enough votes the Electoral College.)

Incidentally, that's what makes us a federal republic instead of some garden-variety unitary state. Just thought you'd like to know.
And what pray tell determines the Electoral power of each state?

Hint: it has something to do with population

So the painful fact for you Trumpers (who are probably the same people that championed George W bush) is that your fake president is not just a fake president he is a really fake president because he didn't win the Democratic vote

The Electoral College is not supposed to defeat democracy

Each State's electoral power is supposed to be as it is defined by Congress directly tied to its population

Clearly California has more votes than Mississippi

However something is clearly very broken with the system when a reality tv personality gets control over the White House after losing the Democratic vote by 3 mil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM

22,701 posts, read 9,667,056 times
Everyone was waiting for the Pivot. Remember his apologists? Oh, he'll pivot after the the primaries. Oh, he'll pivot after the inauguration.

It came, but instead of a dignified Presidential Pivot, we got an immature Mobster Pivot.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:50 AM

11,006 posts, read 10,660,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
FAKE president Donald Trump (will America accept another election loser as president?
Which alternate reality novel are you reading? Or are you just dreaming up your own history now?

Quote:
....gets control over the White House after losing the Democratic vote by 3 mil
You seem to not understand that this nation is a republic, not mob rule democracy. As a republic, voices are heard from outside metro LA, NYC, and Chicago. That's the way it was set up. Repeat after me: Republic. Republic. R. E. P. U. B. L. I. C.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic
In common parlance, a republic is a state that does not practice direct democracy but rather has a government indirectly controlled by the people.

There. All better now?

That you do not understand we are a particular form of republic as set up by our founders rather than a democracy, I cannot blame solely upon you. Blame has to also be placed upon that third grade teacher who was showing the kiddies how to stretch condoms over cucumbers rather than teaching matters such as history or government. (or math, or English, or reasoning, or philosophy, etc)

Old 08-22-2019, 09:52 AM

10,320 posts, read 12,086,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
So who's the real president? I thought I remember Trump getting elected.

Orange Man Bad?

Trump 2020!

Old 08-22-2019, 10:08 AM

2,751 posts, read 6,280,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Obama was the fake President, only there to become friends with Hollywood celebrities....
Trump is the opposite, opposing Hollywood constantly, and when you read Trump's tweets you realize Trump never stops thinking about America's problems.
Trump is the most passionate President of All-time, while Obama was just going through the motions.
This is actually funny. Obama was a well rounded, educated, thoughtful president, I have high respect for him.

Trump on the other hand is a narcissistic, racist, moron that thinks what he wants, no matter what his experts tell him. He can't even keep a position for more than a few days at the time. After the some of the mass shootings we have had, he's all for more gun control, a few days later, he doesn't want to restrict Americans right to bear arms, and this is just one example. He flip flops on issues on a daily bases. At press conferences it's not about the issues, it's all about how great a President he is, how great the economy is, how people all over the world worship him. Trump is for Trump, always has been, your a fool to think he cares about anyone else. Even Allies are tools to be turned on and tossed away when not needed anymore. When your for Trump, your the greatest smartest person in the world, when your not, your the scum of the earth, a loser that Trump had to fire because they were so incompetent. The same thing plays out person after person that's not on Trumps side anymore, the same broken record. When are people not going to realize they backed a dead horse for the race.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:49 AM

2,345 posts, read 680,650 times
Quote:

And what pray tell determines the Electoral power of each state?

Hint: it has something to do with population
Each state receives one electoral vote for each representative in the U.S. House, plus one for each Senator.

Thus, as we can clearly see, representation in the Electoral College is in fact largely based on population, and in 2016 the same was handily won by your President, Donald J. Trump.

This unquestionably being the case, it appears that your fears have been allayed, and your misconceptions regarding this matter dispelled. You need not stumble blindly about in your intellectual fog any longer.

We are happy to have been of service in this matter.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:27 PM

11,006 posts, read 10,660,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Obama was a well rounded, educated, thoughtful president, ...
So was Lenin.

And your comment highlights one of the big failures (in my opinion) of the left: they worry far too much about the way a leader dresses, speaks, and showboats, and not enough about what he/she does via policy. You guys want a "respectable façade" and all else be damned. You'd allow yourself to be sent to a gulag if your president used hundred-dollar words in sending you there.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:41 PM

9,553 posts, read 4,369,977 times
Quote:
Donald Trump got crushed in the election much like George W bush but worse...far worse
Your OP is filled with so many false assertions, outright misstatements and assumptions/misconceptions, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

However I will make a few observations. The USA is not, and never has been a "democracy". Instead it is a constitutional republic.
It will take to long to explain the differences, but look it up for further edification.

As with our republic, we do not have a nationwide 50% + 1 vote that decides who our president is.
Instead we have 50 elections one in each state and that is how the EC calculates who wins by a margin of 270 or greater.
Again look it up for a better understanding.

PS - On a side note I must assume you are or are related to an Afrikaner. Regardless, you might find this thread interesting and want to comment in it;

If you think there is no genocide in South Africa, think again!

`

Old 08-22-2019, 01:57 PM

6,662 posts, read 2,022,377 times
Quote:
I'd say the entire process is pretty suspicious
Like a slick corporate puppet show designed to fool the population into believing they are participants in the democratic process
If i didn't know better id say George w bush was working for the petroleum company
Fake president trump lost the election even with the ruasian troll farms assist
Maybee it was rigged...LOL
Not as shady as the fl recount tho...LOL

GWB did, of course, have ties to oil.

Old 08-22-2019, 05:11 PM

3,579 posts, read 1,406,292 times
Quote:
I already posted several articles defining how the Electoral College works

states with bigger populations get more electoral votes because the United States is supposed to be a democracy ( a constitutional republic that uses the Democratic process to elect its leaders)

So how can someone win the electoral college and not the Democratic vote

Clearly the Electoral power of the state is not contiguous/ synonymous with the population as it should be and as it is defined by Congress

Trump voters hate democracy because they know democracy kills Trump

Trumps not a fake President

Trump is a REALLY fake president
"Wah! I don't like the outcome of the last election so I'm gonna whine about the rules for weeks on end! WAAAAHH!"

Don't worry little one, your mommy will bring your bottle soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or