U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2019, 02:43 PM

19,139 posts, read 9,866,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Donald Trump got crushed in the election much like George W bush but worse...far worse

Near 3 million more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton then did for Donald Trump so it's hard to take him seriously as a leader

If Donald Trump somehow regains his position after another crushing election defeat will Americans actually accept it again or will something more severe occur

I grew up internationally and always heard Americans preach preach preach about democracy

Although I am a legal American citizen
(USA born to an American father and a South African mother) I find it absolutely hilarious that we invade other countries (under the premise of bringing a democratic process to them) and talk so deeply and with such reverence for democracy yet do not practice it here at home with her very own presidential elections

"Gore won 500,000 more popular votes than Republican George W. Bush but narrowly lost in the electoral college after the Supreme Court of the United States ordered a halt to the manual recounting of disputed ballots in Florida"
https://www.britannica.com/event/Uni...ection-of-2000

"More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.
The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%)"
https://www-m.cnn.com/2016/12/21/pol...kduckgo.com%2F

PS

I only lived in South Africa for 7 years but I can remember the United States going on and on about how important it was to bring a democratic election to our country...

Today the black government is planning on seizing all white owned land and sanctioning the murders of farmers... ( just like Rhodesia)

So even though democracy has had a hideous impact on my people I find it the epitome of hypocrisy that the United States doesn't respect democracy during its presidential election

.. all the blacks on my grandfather's Farm were paid employees unlike in the USA

A democratic election is a great way to destroy a colonial power... perhaps if South Africans would have murdered all the natives and used slaves to build the country we would have had a better shot at survival

does that process sound familiar?
The United States can't tell you whether or not to have Democratic elections...we sure don't nor have we ever or will ever to select our Presidents....I could have told you that when I was 7 years old.

White South Africans were very foolish to follow bad advice and are now paying for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 02:49 PM

11,097 posts, read 5,145,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Trump's approval rating is around 43%, the same it has been for two years. The people who disliked him in 2016 have seen that he is just as bad, or worse, as they feared. I don't see him getting many more votes, maybe fewer. I don't see him winning any additional states.

But I predict he will be re-elected by winning the same states he did last time. He might lose Michigan, Pennsylvania or Florida, but probably not all three. So once again, we will have a president who loses the popular vote.
You can't lose something you never competed for.

That's like you running across some imaginary finish line, in a race I was never running, and then proclaiming you beat me in a race.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:23 PM

12,954 posts, read 4,386,018 times
Quote:
Donald Trump got crushed in the election much like George W bush but worse...far worse

Near 3 million more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton then did for Donald Trump so it's hard to take him seriously as a leader

If Donald Trump somehow regains his position after another crushing election defeat will Americans actually accept it again or will something more severe occur

I grew up internationally and always heard Americans preach preach preach about democracy

Although I am a legal American citizen
(USA born to an American father and a South African mother) I find it absolutely hilarious that we invade other countries (under the premise of bringing a democratic process to them) and talk so deeply and with such reverence for democracy yet do not practice it here at home with her very own presidential elections

"Gore won 500,000 more popular votes than Republican George W. Bush but narrowly lost in the electoral college after the Supreme Court of the United States ordered a halt to the manual recounting of disputed ballots in Florida"
https://www.britannica.com/event/Uni...ection-of-2000

"More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.
The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%)"
https://www-m.cnn.com/2016/12/21/pol...kduckgo.com%2F

PS

I only lived in South Africa for 7 years but I can remember the United States going on and on about how important it was to bring a democratic election to our country...

Today the black government is planning on seizing all white owned land and sanctioning the murders of farmers... ( just like Rhodesia)

So even though democracy has had a hideous impact on my people I find it the epitome of hypocrisy that the United States doesn't respect democracy during its presidential election

.. all the blacks on my grandfather's Farm were paid employees unlike in the USA

A democratic election is a great way to destroy a colonial power... perhaps if South Africans would have murdered all the natives and used slaves to build the country we would have had a better shot at survival

does that process sound familiar?
Who the hell cares about those three million votes??

Until California opens up the books to an independent audit, and we find out how many illegals cast votes - your vote count is.....

MEANINGLESS !!!!!

Old 08-17-2019, 03:26 PM

10,320 posts, read 12,086,389 times
Hey, I know! I bet Liberals also want to pretend Trump is not the President!

Keep pretending, but he IS your President and he will be until 2024!

Old 08-17-2019, 05:54 PM

5,537 posts, read 3,351,969 times
Everyone knows that you need 270 electoral votes in order to win a presidential election.

But then the "Hillary got 3 million more votes in the popular vote strikes" mantra.

This is what happens when every kid gets a trophy.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:53 PM

719 posts, read 380,669 times
Once again

100% of voidance of the topic that we go to war to instill democracy and other Sovereign Nations yet don't practice it with our own presidential election

This level of hypocrisy has relegated our country into the laughing stock of the world

Old 08-18-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Once again

100% of voidance of the topic that we go to war to instill democracy and other Sovereign Nations yet don't practice it with our own presidential election

This level of hypocrisy has relegated our country into the laughing stock of the world
Laughing at someone who can easily destroy you or kill you is foolish in the extreme....he who laughs last, has the bigger laugh. We have never gone to war to instill democracy, sorry, you're quite ignorant or just delusional (TDS much?).

By the way, I worked internationally with thousands of people from around the globe and virtually all of them are jealous of the USA, especially the South Africans I worked with including my last boss.

Why don't you leave this hypocritical laughingstock of the world country and go back to your grandaddy's farm in South Africa?

Old 08-18-2019, 02:37 PM

6,596 posts, read 3,663,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
People don't elect the President, STATES DO. The people in each state vote, and then Electors are appointed by the state, and counted. Do you not know this? We are not a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Representative Republic and a collection of STATES. The less populace STATES wanted to make sure they wouldn't get steam rolled by the MOB.
And the number of electoral votes is based on the population of the entire state, not only big cities in the states. Does Montana or Iowa have the same electoral votes based on total POPULATION as Florida, Michigan, or Pennsylvania? It isn't just NYC/NYS and LA/California deciding elections.

Trump loses those three populated swing states (forget CA and NY his hometown), he LOSES based on Electoral College.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Everyone knows that you need 270 electoral votes in order to win a presidential election.

But then the "Hillary got 3 million more votes in the popular vote strikes" mantra.

This is what happens when every kid gets a trophy.
apparently OP and/or his family moved to America because they thought we elected Presidents with the popular vote when a simple query would have revealed that is not the case.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:14 PM

46,504 posts, read 18,402,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Why do dems, have a difficult time of understanding what the college is all about?

Bob.
They understood it well enough when Hillary had a "Blue Wall" that Trump couldn't break.

i.e. They are crying babies now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or