U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 05:22 PM

30,327 posts, read 16,840,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Once again

100% of voidance of the topic that we go to war to instill democracy and other Sovereign Nations yet don't practice it with our own presidential election

This level of hypocrisy has relegated our country into the laughing stock of the world
For a variety of reasons and not just the EC - I agree with you that the US has zero standing to try and impose democracy upon other nations until and unless we ever get our chit together AND rid ourselves of lobbyists and other dark money in our politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 05:26 PM

26,114 posts, read 39,465,454 times
Quote:
Donald Trump got crushed in the election much like George W bush but worse...far worse

Near 3 million more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton then did for Donald Trump so it's hard to take him seriously as a leader

If Donald Trump somehow regains his position after another crushing election defeat will Americans actually accept it again or will something more severe occur

I grew up internationally and always heard Americans preach preach preach about democracy

Although I am a legal American citizen
(USA born to an American father and a South African mother) I find it absolutely hilarious that we invade other countries (under the premise of bringing a democratic process to them) and talk so deeply and with such reverence for democracy yet do not practice it here at home with her very own presidential elections

"Gore won 500,000 more popular votes than Republican George W. Bush but narrowly lost in the electoral college after the Supreme Court of the United States ordered a halt to the manual recounting of disputed ballots in Florida"
https://www.britannica.com/event/Uni...ection-of-2000

"More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.
The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%)"
https://www-m.cnn.com/2016/12/21/pol...kduckgo.com%2F

PS

I only lived in South Africa for 7 years but I can remember the United States going on and on about how important it was to bring a democratic election to our country...

Today the black government is planning on seizing all white owned land and sanctioning the murders of farmers... ( just like Rhodesia)

So even though democracy has had a hideous impact on my people I find it the epitome of hypocrisy that the United States doesn't respect democracy during its presidential election

.. all the blacks on my grandfather's Farm were paid employees unlike in the USA

A democratic election is a great way to destroy a colonial power... perhaps if South Africans would have murdered all the natives and used slaves to build the country we would have had a better shot at survival

does that process sound familiar?

Poor baby...still having trouble each day that President Trump is also YOUR President!

Old 08-18-2019, 09:19 PM

722 posts, read 381,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Poor baby...still having trouble each day that President Trump is also YOUR President!
Fake president trump represents big telecom petrol pharma among other corporate concerns

Not the people of the united states

We all remember what happened with gw bush

Nice going...you did a great job on that one!

He was CRUSHED in the election

Fake president trump = election loser

Supporting an election loser as leader = treason lite

Old 08-18-2019, 09:48 PM

19,140 posts, read 9,872,379 times
Quote:
Fake president trump represents big telecom petrol pharma among other corporate concerns

Most likely get crushed next election and be re-elected in a massive landslide....Trump is the leader of the world and will be until Jan 2025....embrace your Orange Master.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:52 PM

70 posts, read 15,682 times
Quote:
Donald Trump got crushed in the election much like George W bush but worse...far worse

Near 3 million more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton then did for Donald Trump so it's hard to take him seriously as a leader

If Donald Trump somehow regains his position after another crushing election defeat will Americans actually accept it again or will something more severe occur

Trump is President, and that is a fact. There is a solid reason the popular vote doesn't elect the President. If it did a few high population cities would get to choose the President without any regard for what the other citizens wanted. It would be mob rule. The United States of America is not and never was a democracy. It is a Republic and in fact a republic comprised of united states, hence the name. If you want to see another civil war with states trying to secede from the Union, force all states to bend to the will of California and New York.

The Electoral College process was set up to insure each and every voter had a say in the election. It also is a huge safeguard against an election being decided by ballot stuffing. It was designed to stop mob rule and the chances of the states leaving the union due to no voice in government. Our founders knew what would happen if the smaller states were forced to bow to the larger ones.

However I have a suggestion for you. Move to a major city like LA, New York, Chicago or St Louis and enjoy all the democrat glory you want. However many like myself prefer the more conservative areas, and we get to vote too.

I find it amazing after almost three years liberals can't get over losing. I have never seen a time with so many people trying so hard to undermine the President. It is sad and actually pretty pathetic that they put their petty resentment above the good of the nation. I am sure at some point the democrats will get the oval office back, and then they will demand we all respect the President and Vice President no matter how inept they are. I remember the miserable years of Jimmy Carter and the equally dismal Obama times. But, no matter what, I recognized and respected the President because I believe in America. Too bad democrats can't do the same.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:20 PM

4,001 posts, read 1,883,678 times
Quote:

Go back to Africa?

Old 08-18-2019, 11:44 PM

39,807 posts, read 48,224,280 times
https://www.usconstitution.net/constfaq_q76.html
The United States is a federal republic and a constitutional representative democracy.

The "federal" part is one of three basic types of organization of power unitary, confederal, and federal. Most nations are unitary in nature (local government with a powerful national government). There are no confederacies that I know of at this time (the U.S., under the Articles of Confederation was one; Germany and Switzerland have also had confederate systems in the past). Federal systems are common among large nations where several levels of government are needed. Australia, Canada, and Brazil are federal as well. Federations do not always work, such as in the case of the United Arab Republic.

The "republic" implies that we have a strong head of state (the President) and elected officials representing the people.

The "constitutional" part means that we have a constitution, which is pretty obvious, considering this site. Finally, the "representative democracy" part means that the people elect representatives to take care of legislative matters. Originally, the only part of the government that fit this description was the House of Representatives. Today, the Senate does, too, and in current practice, so does the Electoral College.

The mere fact that a nation has a constitution, is a federation, or is a republic, does not imply that minorities are fairly treated. It is the content of that constitution, and the values of that federation and/or republic that protects the rights of minorities.
Note that a democracy, in the true sense of the word, does not protect the minority majority rules.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:40 AM

30,865 posts, read 33,734,586 times
He's as real as any of them, and apparently more effective too.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:18 AM

1,152 posts, read 410,982 times
Quote:

You keep doubling down on displaying your ignorance of the US electoral system. Have you considered learning the rules of the game?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:39 AM

32,668 posts, read 26,683,019 times
Quote:

I grew up internationally and always heard Americans preach preach preach about democracy

Although I am a legal American citizen
(USA born to an American father and a South African mother) I find it absolutely hilarious that we invade other countries (under the premise of bringing a democratic process to them) and talk so deeply and with such reverence for democracy yet do not practice it here at home with her very own presidential elections

"Gore won 500,000 more popular votes than Republican George W. Bush but narrowly lost in the electoral college after the Supreme Court of the United States ordered a halt to the manual recounting of disputed ballots in Florida"
https://www.britannica.com/event/Uni...ection-of-2000

"More Americans voted for Hillary Clinton than any other losing presidential candidate in US history.
The Democrat outpaced President-elect Donald Trump by almost 2.9 million votes, with 65,844,954 (48.2%) to his 62,979,879 (46.1%)"
https://www-m.cnn.com/2016/12/21/pol...kduckgo.com%2F

PS

I only lived in South Africa for 7 years but I can remember the United States going on and on about how important it was to bring a democratic election to our country...

Today the black government is planning on seizing all white owned land and sanctioning the murders of farmers... ( just like Rhodesia)

So even though democracy has had a hideous impact on my people I find it the epitome of hypocrisy that the United States doesn't respect democracy during its presidential election

.. all the blacks on my grandfather's Farm were paid employees unlike in the USA

A democratic election is a great way to destroy a colonial power... perhaps if South Africans would have murdered all the natives and used slaves to build the country we would have had a better shot at survival

does that process sound familiar?

seems you need a civic lesson here my friend. we do not have direct elections for president. that was set up long a go to prevent a few big population centers from determining who the president is going to be. all elections are state or local election, not national ones, so we have the electoral college to give smaller states an equal say in who the president will be every four years.

now you get this rubbish that says it means that the votes in smaller states count for more than the votes in larger states, but that is false.

but something that the lamestream media wont tell you is that on election night, trump was not only winning the EC vote, he was winning the popular vote as well until california weighed in. that means 3,000,000 more californians voted for hillary than trump. so in this instance it would hav ebeen california that old the rest of the country that hillary was to be president, based on the national popular vote, which we dont use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or