U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2019, 06:52 PM

12,184 posts, read 16,950,833 times

Advertisements

A common fault of the right seems to be the mistaken belief that American Jews prioritize Israel over day to day concerns like healthcare, environmental issues, the economy, education, and a million other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 06:52 PM

16,872 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I think there's a basic flaw in your question, if you're equating Schumer/Pelosi and The Squad.
These folks are like the guy in Animal House...."it wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor".....as his friend said "he's on a roll, let him run with it".....

Old 08-17-2019, 07:57 PM

11,364 posts, read 10,377,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
These folks are like the guy in Animal House...."it wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor".....as his friend said "he's on a roll, let him run with it".....
Really? “The guy in Animal house”

Yeah, and some people did something.

That was the late, great John Belushi. One of the funniest guys of all time.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:05 PM

20,897 posts, read 8,999,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
You base the whole democratic party on 4 people

Old 08-17-2019, 08:08 PM

5,419 posts, read 1,073,836 times
Fox News namesake William Fox was a Hungarian Jew who was conservative though he might have been liberal by today's standards. He would be disgusted at Faux News today.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:10 PM

4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You base the whole democratic party on 4 people
I'm not basing it on 4 people. I'm basing it on the Democratic leadership's RESPONSE to those people, which is to tolerate - even excuse away - their antisemitism. The fact that Pelosi caved and would not issue a resolution condemning anti-Semitism, and instead defended Omar, is telling.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:10 PM

2,019 posts, read 510,820 times
Hmm...choose between the party of white supremacists (the Jews will not replace us chant and Trump's "very fine people" comment) or a party that is critical of Israel's foreign policy.

Yea, very hard choice indeed.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:21 PM

445 posts, read 61,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Hmm...choose between the party of white supremacists (the Jews will not replace us chant and Trump's "very fine people" comment) or a party that is critical of Israel's foreign policy.

The Democrats are more in bed with Louis Farrakhan and NOI than republicans are with white supremacists. Everytime some republican says something mildly correct but not PC about race (cough cough Steve King), Republicans rush to denounce him and remove them from relevance. Meanwhile, Obama was a good friend of Louis Farrakhan.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post

First, the nasty "Jews will not replace" us people are fringe loonies. They are not official members of Congress, being sanctioned by their Party. And second, for the umpteenth time, Trump never called white supremacists "fine people." You liberals have been lying about that for two years.

And your Party is not just critical of Israel's foreign policy. Omar, in her anti-Semitic rant about Jews and "the benjamins" did not say ANYTHING about Israeli policy. It was a condemnation of American Jews and their money - one of the oldest anti-Semitic tropes in the book. And Pelosi defended her.

How can you sit there and be OK with Omar and Tlaib? These are CONGRESSWOMEN, for G-d's sake! Did you read about the anti-Semitic group who sponsored their trip to "Palestine"? The same group that is out there STILL accusing Jews of drinking Christian blood for Passover?

Old 08-17-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The Democrats are more in bed with Louis Farrakhan and NOI than republicans are with white supremacists. Everytime some republican says something mildly correct but not PC about race (cough cough Steve King), Republicans rush to denounce him and remove them from relevance. Meanwhile, Obama was a good friend of Louis Farrakhan.
Absolutely! And what about the fact that the Congressional Black Caucus invited him to their conference? He's the most notorious anti-Semite in America (hello...."termites", really??), and they give him a warm welcome?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or