U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2019, 09:03 PM

1,967 posts, read 653,927 times

Advertisements

Given the recent purges at the DCCC, I think it's more likely Jews will be kicked out of the Democratic party before they decide to walk away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 09:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump could care less about our country. It's all about him. All presidents are attacked but they ignore it because it comes with the job. Trump is just thin skinned and can't take it so he goes on the attack. Pretty pathetic for a president.
I like his policies over those being peddled by the liberals. They've really gone off the deep end, putting illegal aliens in front of Americans.

(And don't get me started on what the liberals have done with an adjacent "sanctuary county." There are so many illegals there - estimates are about 30% of the population - who are so unskilled and uneducated that they can't afford to rent even a low-rent apartment. So the liberals have OK'd the conversion of SFH neighborhoods to high-density, allowing people to build additional "residences" in their backyards. Slum landlords are moving in, taking over formerly middle-class neighborhoods, and turning the place into a slum. But I digress....)

Old 08-17-2019, 09:14 PM

13,702 posts, read 4,128,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Given the recent purges at the DCCC, I think it's more likely Jews will be kicked out of the Democratic party before they decide to walk away.
Yikes, the left is increasingly seeing everyone as being or not a "person of color" first with no room for anyone who is not.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:18 PM

20,897 posts, read 8,999,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I like his policies over those being peddled by the liberals. They've really gone off the deep end, putting illegal aliens in front of Americans.

(And don't get me started on what the liberals have done with an adjacent "sanctuary county." There are so many illegals there - estimates are about 30% of the population - who are so unskilled and uneducated that they can't afford to rent even a low-rent apartment. So the liberals have OK'd the conversion of SFH neighborhoods to high-density, allowing people to build additional "residences" in their backyards. Slum landlords are moving in, taking over formerly middle-class neighborhoods, and turning the place into a slum. But I digress....)
Why is it that illegal immigrants are blamed on democrats. We actually need them. It makes our country greater and they contribute to our economy

Old 08-17-2019, 09:35 PM

4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why is it that illegal immigrants are blamed on democrats. We actually need them. It makes our country greater and they contribute to our economy
Did you just read what I wrote is happening in the adjacent county? They are turning formerly middle-class neighborhoods into a slum by allowing the building of additional living units in the backyard! You think that's an improvement?

And they do not contribute to the economy overall. That's another fabrication. The net cost to support illegals is about $160 billion a year when you factor in the cost to educate all their kids.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:42 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,484,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Reasonable people are not Democrats.
Reasonable peeple do not support Fat Ass Comrad Trump. Nor do they support a nation that represses a group like Israel represses the Palestinians. Reasonable people would look at our support of Israel and ask what do we get out of it besides hate from the rest of the Arab world? Yet we fork billions of aid to them, when we run extremely high deficits already.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:59 PM

10,276 posts, read 6,785,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I think many American Jews will begin to realize that this "multicultural religion" the Democrats are pushing in the USA, if applied in Israel, would lead to the destruction of Israel as the world's only Jewish state. Israel is afterall an ethno-religious state, something that modern liberals in the USA say is bad, bad, bad. They will have to choose between this philosophy and Israel.
Most American Jews aren't one-issue voters, and many of them don't necessarily agree with the policies pursued by the current Israeli government. They're not all AIPAC aligned; in fact, some of the younger ones support groups such as J-street which is an alternative.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:02 PM

445 posts, read 61,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Most American Jews aren't one-issue voters, and many of them don't necessarily agree with the policies pursued by the current Israeli government. They're not all AIPAC aligned; in fact, some of the younger ones support groups such as J-street which is an alternative.
Israel cannot survive if it's not an ethno-nationalist state. It's up to Jews to make their decision. If they understand that ethno-nationalism works fine in Israel and is not at all the caricature made out to be by modern day liberals, then they will have an easier time rejecting the idea that multiculturism is our strength.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:11 PM

5,484 posts, read 2,797,363 times
I see you Trump lovers still believe people "walked away" from the Democratic party. And that's even after you got your collective asses handed to you in the midterms last year.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:16 PM

10,276 posts, read 6,785,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Israel cannot survive if it's not an ethno-nationalist state. It's up to Jews to make their decision. If they understand that ethno-nationalism works fine in Israel and is not at all the caricature made out to be by modern day liberals, then they will have an easier time rejecting the idea that multiculturism is our strength.
Well, Israel is already multicultural - and that's just in the Jewish population, before you even start to factor in the Israeli Arabs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or