U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 07:10 AM

11,364 posts, read 10,377,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would bet you never defended what happened to Muslims in our country, never criticized Trump's ban but here you are defending Israel banning a visit by congresswomen..
This is confusing to me. Wouldn’t defending both bans be congruent?

Wouldn’t it be incongruent if she did what you said, and opposed one ban, and supported the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 07:13 AM

19,266 posts, read 9,335,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I tried to rep you, but couldn't.
Thanks!

Quote:
I'll be raked over the coals for this, but I think secular, progressive Jews are the only group to vote against their self-interests.
Well. you won't be raked over the coals by me. My perception is that it is a form of unconscious, guilt driven, self loathing, but I may have heard that from Dennis Prager, but it makes sense. Lots of progressive, White, non-Jews also practice the same guilt driven, self hate.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:20 AM

4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

Well. you won't be raked over the coals by me. My perception is that it is a form of unconscious, guilt driven, self loathing, but I may have heard that from Dennis Prager, but it makes sense. Lots of progressive, White, non-Jews also practice the same guilt driven, self hate.
I didn't mean raked over the coals by you (of course)! I meant raked over the coals by the secular, progressive Jews who vote against their own self-interest.

And you're right. It's the same self-loathing one sees among the affluent, progressive whites in general. Hence, this anti-white sentiment we see.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I didn't mean raked over the coals by you (of course)! I meant raked over the coals by the secular, progressive Jews who vote against their own self-interest.
I understood what you meant, and you are right. As a Jew you'll get it from them more so than I would!

Quote:
And you're right. It's the same self-loathing one sees among the affluent, progressive whites in general. Hence, this anti-white sentiment we see.
A lot of it is from growing up within our Educational System, and Media who have preached how awful, and oppressive Whitey has been throughout history, especially in the U.S.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:26 AM

67,261 posts, read 30,873,131 times
Quote:
What happened to Muslims in our own country? There was no Muslim ban. Most Muslim countries had no restrictions on them - just the one that breed terrorists.

And Israel banned two antisemtitic Congresswoman whose express purpose was to run an anti-Israel propaganda campaign, with the ultimate goal to help destroy Israel entirely. And besides, their itinerary said this was a delegation to Palestine. (Wherever that is.) If they wanted to visit Palestine, they should have gotten a visa from Palestine.
Good one. Palestine doesn't issue visas. It is a de jure foreign state and as such exists only in theory. Passports are issued by "The Palestinian Authority," not by the country or state of Palestine, again because Palestine exists in theory, only.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:26 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,284,626 times
By default the mob squad is the current face of the Democratic party

You don't hear them touting Obama's failed 8 years of policies, do ya know

Old 08-18-2019, 08:11 AM

5,419 posts, read 1,073,836 times
I am curious as to which party Black Jews (Blacks who are either of Jewish ancestry or of Jewish faith or both) are likely to vote for. I am not talking about the Hebrew Israelites/Black Hebrews that have that pan-Africanist and/or Black supremacy.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:17 AM

4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I am curious as to which party Black Jews (Blacks who are either of Jewish ancestry or of Jewish faith or both) are likely to vote for. I am not talking about the Hebrew Israelites/Black Hebrews that have that pan-Africanist and/or Black supremacy.
Here's my guess: First there aren't that many black American Jews, and second, I would think they would vote more in accordance with their religious identity. If they're progressives, Democrat for sure....if they're Orthodox (and we do have a couple of black Jews at my Chabad), very possibly Republican.

Of course, just a guess.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:10 AM

897 posts, read 111,927 times
Quote:
Yes, Rachel. I know you to be kind, empathetic, and intelligent, and you and I could probably have some respectful discussions/debates about politics.I could explain why you're wrong, ha-ha!

We are definitely still sister Jews.
I see you the same way, Rachel. But we are a feisty pair, too, so I doubt you'd succeed in explaining why I am "wrong"! LOL

As you probably know, I choose not to spend any significant amount of time in the politics forum. So I also doubt that we'll be arguing politics between us, anyway.

Shalom to you, my sister.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I see you the same way, Rachel. But we are a feisty pair, too, so I doubt you'd succeed in explaining why I am "wrong"! LOL

As you probably know, I choose not to spend any significant amount of time in the politics forum. So I also doubt that we'll be arguing politics between us, anyway.

Shalom to you, my sister.
I would love to see the two Rachels mud wrestle. Figuratively, of course.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or