U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-19-2019, 08:44 AM
 
37,933 posts, read 16,765,581 times
Reputation: 10311

Advertisements

I seriously doubt that the Jewish community will start supporting the Republicans as most of them are business owners and they love their cheap, illegal labor of which the Democrats are fighting for them to keep. Any Jewish person in here want to refute that or any other reasons why they support the Democrats instead? I am aware that not all Jewish people support the Democrats though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-19-2019, 08:54 AM
 
4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Reputation: 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I seriously doubt that the Jewish community will start supporting the Republicans as most of them are business owners and they love their cheap, illegal labor of which the Democrats are fighting for them to keep. Any Jewish person in here want to refute that or any other reasons why they support the Democrats instead? I am aware that not all Jewish people support the Democrats though.
Do you realize that what you just said is imbibed with antisemitism? Most Jews are business owners? Hardly! They love them their cheap, illegal labor? Yup....those Jews sure like to hire cheap, I guess.

I'm Jewish - and appalled by what I see going on in the D Party today. The reason that Jews are (mostly) Democrat is that they like to defend whomever they see as the "underdog" - and these days those are Muslims/Palestinians, illegal aliens, and blacks - because they think the root of all evil is inequality. (That's also why you will see them diminish the traits that lead to success - such as discipline, motivation, intelligence, the willingness to make sacrifices, etc.)

And it doesn't matter if these "underdogs" are even somewhat at fault in any way; Dems will rally to their cause. That's also why you see them shrug off (or even defend) anti-Semites like Omar and Tlaib. They recognize that Jews, as a whole, have succeeded above the average, and thus they need no defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
10,276 posts, read 6,785,388 times
Reputation: 6542
The whole idea of "Jexodus" is pretty much a made-up farce. Basically the brainchild of a few right wing activists promoting a meme, which has little evidence of numbers to show for it. The face of it, literally, is a 23-year-old former model, Elizabeth Pipko.

Just like "Blexit".

https://www.gq.com/story/gop-jexodus

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/22/u...rump-jews.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:08 AM
 
9,678 posts, read 4,952,365 times
Reputation: 3924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Do you realize that what you just said is imbibed with antisemitism? Most Jews are business owners? Hardly! They love them their cheap, illegal labor? Yup....those Jews sure like to hire cheap, I guess.

I'm Jewish - and appalled by what I see going on in the D Party today. The reason that Jews are (mostly) Democrat is that they like to defend whomever they see as the "underdog" - and these days those are Muslims/Palestinians, illegal aliens, and blacks - because they think the root of all evil is inequality. (That's also why you will see them diminish the traits that lead to success - such as discipline, motivation, intelligence, the willingness to make sacrifices, etc.)

And it doesn't matter if these "underdogs" are even somewhat at fault in any way; Dems will rally to their cause. That's also why you see them shrug off (or even defend) anti-Semites like Omar and Tlaib. They recognize that Jews, as a whole, have succeeded above the average, and thus they need no defense.
No, no, no, it isn't anti-Semitic. It's a 'trope.' Besides, everyone knows most Jews don't have time to run businesses with cheap, illegal labor because they're too busy running the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,364 posts, read 10,377,799 times
Reputation: 7998
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The irony of you calling someone myopic when you believe 90% of a voting bloc is living on a plantation...
I assume you agree that that person was myopic on that issue.

Otherwise, you would have posted THAT post, and made your argument against it, instead of picking a completely different post, with different issues, and responding with a whataboutism.

Historically, 25% of Jews vote for republicans. 24% voted for Trump.

I recently saw another poster say 80% of Jews are Democrats. Now it is 90%?

Somehow, we just went from 1 in 4, to 1 in 10, overnight.

And yes. I believe the other 75% are voting against their own interests out of misplaced loyalty to the Democratic Party.

You can make an argument that I am wrong, but to call my argument myopic, is misuse of the word “myopic”.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...tial-elections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,652 posts, read 10,422,874 times
Reputation: 20710
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
There you go. Claiming 1/3 of latinos are rapists. Where the F do you get that?

Seriously post links,
I don't have rape statistics, but I do have the following information.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...nctuary-cities

Quote:
The U.S. Department of Justice documents that in 2014, 19 percent or over 12,000 criminal cases filed by prosecutors were for violent crimes; and over 22 percent or 13,300 cases were for drug related felonies.



That same year, the U.S. Sentencing Commission found that 75 percent of all criminal defendants who were convicted and sentenced for federal drug offenses were illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants were also involved in 17 percent of all drug trafficking sentences and one third of all federal prison sentences.


The U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that as of 2014, illegal immigrants were convicted and sentenced for over 13 percent of all crimes committed in the U.S.
According to the FBI, 67,642 murders were committed in the U.S. from 2005 through 2008, and 115,717 from 2003 through 2009. The General Accounting Office documents that criminal immigrants committed 25,064 of these murders.



Illegal immigrants clearly commit a level of violent and drug related crimes disproportionate to their population.
I've posted this previously but it bears repeating:


U.S. GAO - Unaccompanied Alien Children: Actions Needed to Ensure Children Receive Required Care in DHS Custody

U.S. GAO - Identity Fraud: Prevalence and Links to Alien Illegal Activities

U.S. GAO - Information on Certain Illegal Aliens Arrested in the United States

U.S. GAO - Illegal Aliens: Estimating Their Impact on the United States


In addition, in April 2005, the GAO released a report on a study of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated in federal, state, and local facilities during 2003. It found the following: Of the 55,322 illegal aliens studied, researchers found that they were arrested a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien.
  • They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien.
  • 49% had previously been convicted of a felony, 20% of a drug offense; 18% a violent offense, and 11%, other felony offenses.
  • 81% of the arrests occurred after 1990
  • 56% of those charged with a reentry offense had previously been convicted on at least 5 prior occasions.
  • Defendants charged with unlawful reentry had the most extensive criminal histories. 90% had been previously arrested. Of those with a prior arrest, 50% had been arrested for violent or drug-related felonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:21 AM
 
16,872 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Reputation: 11748
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
OK. What about all the financial institutions the Democratic Party (and yes, the Republican Party too) is beholden to? How many Goldman Sachs employees infiltrate their ranks?

You don't think that THEY are heavily invested in companies that pollute? It is not like we are talking about 6 degrees of separation here. Just 1.
I'm not talking "what about".

I'm talking simple policy and what they envision for the populace in general.

Wall Street in, in effect, non-political. They will fund Google as well as they will fund Exxon. They are bankers. Bankers are always part of any economic system.

I'm sure I am invested in both banks and fossil fuel companies. It doesn't mean I am a Republican and that I wish for EPA rollbacks and more pollution.

Should be easy to see...but if it takes this much explanation, perhaps not?

There is a difference. If you can't see it, well then, toss a coin or vote GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:22 AM
 
16,872 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Reputation: 11748
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't have rape statistics, but I do have the following information.
Ah, so Jews and the Republican party now relate to how many Illegals the Trump Corporation brings in and hire?

I don't get it......can't you actually stay close to the topic at hand, or does every thread have to relate to fear mongering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,652 posts, read 10,422,874 times
Reputation: 20710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Again here is the democratic statement.
The "Democratic statement"? What's that? I thought we were talking about Pelosi.

Here is what SHE said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pelosi...ocratic-party/

Quote:
Washington. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images/AFP)
“I don’t think the congresswoman is anti-Semitic. I wouldn’t even put those in the same category,” Pelosi said in a CNN interview Wednesday in Dublin, Ireland, where she is traveling.

“We have no taint of that in the Democratic Party,” she said, “and just because they want to accuse somebody of that doesn’t mean that we take that bait.” Trump’s accusations, she said, were a sign that he is “out of ideas.”

Pelosi’s defense of Omar on Wednesday followed a partial defense by Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is Jewish, in a televised town hall gathering in Pennsylvania on Monday. Sanders said he did not consider Omar anti-Semitic, but added that she must do a “better job in speaking to the Jewish community.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2019, 09:29 AM
 
16,872 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Reputation: 11748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I seriously doubt that the Jewish community will start supporting the Republicans as most of them are business owners and they love their cheap, illegal labor of which the Democrats are fighting for them to keep. Any Jewish person in here want to refute that or any other reasons why they support the Democrats instead? I am aware that not all Jewish people support the Democrats though.
Quite an anti-semitic diatribe there...."most Jews are business owners".......

Beside that fact that the vast majority of Jewish people are NOT business owners, those that are usually are not in the Ag, Meatpacking, Big Construction or Golf Course development biz where they use illegal labor.

That aside, Jews - in general - are in:
Medicine, Science, Education, High-Tech, Banking and MANY other professions - usually those requiring real knowledge or graduate education. Those who are in retail, etc. are usually mom and pop and not hiring illegals.

I guess when ones to look for an excuse - or a scapegoat - they can talk themselves into anything.

"The majority (62%) of Jews are employed full or part time, as was the case in 1990 (61%). More Jewish men than women are employed (68% vs. 56%). .
The majority of employed Jews (59%) work in management, business and professional/technical positions, compared to fewer non-Jews (46%). The plurality of Jews are in professional/technical positions (41%), noticeably more than is the case among non-Jews (30%). Among employed Jews, men and women are equally likely to work in management, business and professional/technical positions (60% vs. 59%)."

Please - enlighten us with your proof that "most Jews are business owners that like illegal labor" ??

I say it's as simple as this. People with higher education and more ethics tend to vote more liberally. Period. They care about others. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top