U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 12:23 PM

22,855 posts, read 9,744,879 times

Advertisements

There are some people with exceptional imaginations on this forum. Jews are walking away from Trump.

They can see right through Trump's BS. They are simply too intelligent to fall for his performance. They know exactly what his motives are.

"....A survey of 1,000 Jewish voters released Wednesday (May 22) by the Jewish Electorate Institute shows 73% of registered Jewish voters believe Jewish Americans are less secure than they were two years ago, at least in part, respondents said, because of the way President Trump has handled anti-Semitism..."

"...The poll, conducted by Greenberg Research, shows 71% disapprove of Trump’s response to anti-Semitism. Nearly 60% believe he bears at least some responsibility for last year’s shooting at Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh and last month’s shooting at a synagogue in Poway, near San Diego..".

https://religionnews.com/2019/05/22/...d-blame-trump/

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247757/...epublican.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 12:26 PM

11,364 posts, read 10,377,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There are some people with exceptional imaginations on this forum. Jews are walking away from Trump.

They can see right through Trump's BS. They are simply too intelligent to fall for his performance. They know exactly what his motives are.

"....A survey of 1,000 Jewish voters released Wednesday (May 22) by the Jewish Electorate Institute shows 73% of registered Jewish voters believe Jewish Americans are less secure than they were two years ago, at least in part, respondents said, because of the way President Trump has handled anti-Semitism..."

"...The poll, conducted by Greenberg Research, shows 71% disapprove of Trump’s response to anti-Semitism. Nearly 60% believe he bears at least some responsibility for last year’s shooting at Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh and last month’s shooting at a synagogue in Poway, near San Diego..".

https://religionnews.com/2019/05/22/...d-blame-trump/

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247757/...epublican.aspx
That seems to fall in line with past and current voting patterns.

So, what about that makes you believe that “Jews are walking away from Trump.”?

Old 08-19-2019, 01:41 PM

9,540 posts, read 17,617,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Only an insane, sociopath would wish for them to be gassed, and you want to seriously claim that most, or even some, republicans want that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
There is something seriously wrong with people who think like this.

I know a lot of Republicans - NONE of them feel this way. Jesus H. Christ, what's wrong with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Even more disgusting - yes, disgusting - is your accusation that Republicans want to gas the Central Americans, pulling out the old Hitler card.
Ok, I apologize for the gassing comment. It was over the top hyberbole made in response to the notion, which I'm sick to death of, that Omar and Tlaib represent the face of the Democrat party. They are two outsiders who will eventually suffer from their extreme views.

At the same time, how many of you have called for shooting illegal immigrants at the border? Plenty of you. So the metaphor wasn't totally uncalled for.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:56 PM

21,534 posts, read 12,155,726 times
Quote:
That seems to fall in line with past and current voting patterns.

So, what about that makes you believe that “Jews are walking away from Trump.”?
And why didn't you ask the OP what, besides his own opinion, in any way suggests that Jews are walking away from the Democratic party?

the answer to that was apparently wishful thinking but since you fall on the same political side, I guess it's ok in that case, as opposed to actual data that suggests no such thing is happening?

Old 08-19-2019, 01:57 PM

13,700 posts, read 4,128,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Ok, I apologize for the gassing comment. It was over the top hyberbole made in response to the notion, which I'm sick to death of, that Omar and Tlaib represent the face of the Democrat party. They are two outsiders who will eventually suffer from their extreme views.

At the same time, how many of you have called for shooting illegal immigrants at the border? Plenty of you. So the metaphor wasn't totally uncalled for.
Yeah Democrat congressmembers are not representative of the DNC, but random people off the street with unpopular opinions represent the RNC. Not.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:17 PM

11,364 posts, read 10,377,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And why didn't you ask the OP what, besides his own opinion, in any way suggests that Jews are walking away from the Democratic party?

the answer to that was apparently wishful thinking but since you fall on the same political side, I guess it's ok in that case, as opposed to actual data that suggests no such thing is happening?
Why ask the question if you are just going to answer with the answer you want to hear.

The answer is much simpler than that.

Because the OP posed it as a question and gave his opinion as an opinion, while that other poster posed it as a statement. If the OP posed it as a statement you damn better be sure I would have wanted something to back it up. Not because I want it to be untrue, but because I want it to be true, and I wouldn’t know that without data.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:03 PM

9,540 posts, read 17,617,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And again, you are accusing me of the very thing that you are doing - but even worse! Talk about party of hypocrites! You lambast me for extending the antisemitism of these two Congresswomen to all Democrats, and then you make the most heinous accusations about all Republicans as if we're all so reprehensible (" it will be a cold day in hell before most Jews vote Republican). Even more disgusting - yes, disgusting - is your accusation that Republicans want to gas the Central Americans, pulling out the old Hitler card.
You changed the narrative. Again. You said Pelosi supported an antisemitic trope. That was a lie. You want to argue that Pelosi was too soft on Omar? Fine, but THAT'S NOT WHAT I CALLED YOU OUT ON.

I already apologized for and explained my "gassing immigrants" hyperbole that was a tit-for-tat example of kind generalizations that you make about Democrats.

But I noticed that you didn't respond to my observation that since you hate Democrats, that means you hate 71% of the Jews in this country. I guess it means you agree with it.

Quote:

I can see clearly that your hate for Republicans will not allow you to ever consider voting for one (although it would be interesting if you had a choice between an Omar person and a moderate R), but bear in mind that "most Jews" do not have to wake up to the antisemitism being defended by Democratic House leadership. (She absolutely DID say that Omar was not an antisemite.) All it will take it a modest shift in key districts, such as South Florida, to swing the election to Trump.

Finally, your comment that "real Jews value Tzedakah"? Are you claiming that because I am a Republican I do not value charity, and thus am not a "real Jew?' How DARE you say I'm not a real Jew because I refuse to submit to liberal demands. Such sanctimony among progressives! Republicans give MORE to charity than Democrats.
Charity? Is that all Tzedakah means to you? Sorry, televangelist donations can hardly be considered Tzedakah. That alone accounts for more of the small difference in the "charitable donations" that Republicans claim on their taxes. And for all we know, it could mean there are more tax cheats in your camp. Do we need to bring up the Trump Foundation Charity?

So do you actually have any legitimate examples of Tzedakah in the current Republican administration? You guys hate Public Schools, immigration, social programs of any sort (food stamps, welfare, Medicare, social security, even special olympics!), women's rights and gay/LGBT rights, voting rights for poor people, and probably half a dozen of other things that I'm forgetting. These are examples of the kind of anti-Tzedakah that I'm talking about that are actual Republican policy. So here's your chance to educate me on how Republicans helps the downtrodden and less fortunate folks. I'm all ears.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:11 PM

16,872 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Also,

It seems the Democrats are busily pandering for the Hispanic vote while throwing the Jewish and black vote under the bus.
Except they aren't.

Facts matter. In the last election the normal expected results held....as they will in the next.

Meaning....that the vote of these groups hold.

Of course, facts have a well known liberal bias.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:17 PM

16,872 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Quote:
I never said you cant think for yourselves. I am saying that you let your political bias influence your perceptions. You guys hate Trump. And he is guilty of a lot of the criticism. He is a boorish oaf. He is vulgar. He tweets some crazy things. He gives people a lot of reasons not to like him. Especially people who vote for the other party.

So when they tell them he is a white supremacist, they are more likely to believe what they want to believe.
Well, the truth is in your first paragraph...and, in a sense, that means he is too stupid to be a real white nationalist. He is, rather, a person with personality disorders and of low intelligence (what we call intelligence, not "con" intelligence).....

But, frankly, a lot of white nationalists, KKK and Nazi sorts are pretty ignorant also...so I don't know if that is an excuse.

We should leave it as "he is too dumb to really know what white nationalism really means or what it is...and if he feels it helps him with more attention or votes, he will go for it.

It's like his stand on murderous dictators. He loves them. Does that mean he IS a murderous dictator? No....he might be if he was in another country at another time, but he is not a murderous dictator.

Same thing. He's an opportunist and a fraud...and if part of that fraud is making the millions with REAL white nationalist tendencies think he is better than any POTUS in recent history at pushing their causes (and they do), well......if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it may as well be Faux Duck but it taste like one.

Sorta like beyond meat of the impossible burger. They are not beef. But they are burgers.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:31 PM

13,700 posts, read 4,128,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, the truth is in your first paragraph...and, in a sense, that means he is too stupid to be a real white nationalist. He is, rather, a person with personality disorders and of low intelligence (what we call intelligence, not "con" intelligence).....

But, frankly, a lot of white nationalists, KKK and Nazi sorts are pretty ignorant also...so I don't know if that is an excuse.

We should leave it as "he is too dumb to really know what white nationalism really means or what it is...and if he feels it helps him with more attention or votes, he will go for it.

It's like his stand on murderous dictators. He loves them. Does that mean he IS a murderous dictator? No....he might be if he was in another country at another time, but he is not a murderous dictator.

Same thing. He's an opportunist and a fraud...and if part of that fraud is making the millions with REAL white nationalist tendencies think he is better than any POTUS in recent history at pushing their causes (and they do), well......if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it may as well be Faux Duck but it taste like one.

Sorta like beyond meat of the impossible burger. They are not beef. But they are burgers.
Disagreeing with the left doesn't make one dumb or immoral, just the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or