Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 09:30 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, let's get back to the thread question and title.......my take is that all of this (including this thread) are part of the Far Rights "jew baiting" movements....which applies whether they are Jewish themselves or not. The Right is Fear-Based and the only way for them to "accomplish" things is fear and chaos and hate of "the other"....or, on the other hand, supremacy of themselves or some other group they hand-picked.

Based on that, I am making an actual prediction - that the GOP will lose more Jewish votes in 2020 as opposed to 2016 and 2018 (maybe even w/2018). Now it is in writing and the Right Wing Pundits here can call me out in 2020 if wrong....

To put it in numbers, I am saying that 79% of the Jewish vote will not go to Trump. That would mean he, in combo with 3rd parties, would lose 5% of that particular demo.

We'll see. Soon enough. Threads like this help my cause along.
You're pretty safe in predicting Trump won't get 79% of the Jewish vote

In 2016, Clinton beat Trump 71%-24%, a 47% spread. I predict the spread will be less in 2020. Too soon to predict how much less. Obama beat Romney 69%-30% in 2012, a 39% spread. I won't be surprised if the spread in 2018 is smaller than that.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:44 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laaaa View Post
This thread looks hilarious after Trump's recent comments about American Jewish people:

"I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat -- it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty."
- Pres. Trump
Barack Obama told a black audience he would see it as a "personal insult, an insult to my legacy" if black Americans didn't show up to vote for Hillary in 2016. Which sounds a lot like a call for personal loyalty to a specific ethnic group.

by the way, American Jews should find it impossible to vote for a party that embraces Jew-haters like Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:47 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
In the interest of justice, Dwayne Dixon would have been found criminally guilty and civilly liable. Chain of Causation, as established in Federal Court. We either have a just system, or we don't. It should come as no surprise that plenty of people have been railroaded and later found to have been unjustly convicted. In fact, even liberal universities sponsor programs that work tirelessly to reverse unlawful convictions.

That's absurd. Trump would have to be directly involved, such as when Dwayne Dixon publicly admitted to physically chasing Fields down 4th Street with his AR-15 sporting a Spikes Tactical lower immediately prior to the tragic accident.
So chasing someone down the street on camera in public is one side of the line but telling people you could kill someone and they would accept it is another?

Telling people they can rough up an innocent American who disagrees with them (Trump rallies) and HE would provide the lawyers to defend that......you see that as one side of the line also???

This is plain silly. Words matter, especially when you are an influencer.

When 100's of gun nuts prance around in Starbucks, Target and other places "because they can" you obviously think they are on one side of the line. Even if they fire their weapon, they are still innocent because, after all, the entire reason for carrying it is to defend themselves and The Republic. The only crime ends up being when the bullets hit the wrong person??? Am I right there?

You have that "I know exactly where the line is" attitude with the idea that only YOU know the line. Might I suggest that if you asked 100 people where the line was they would all answer differently???

And, if that is the case, your outlook is either "only I am right" or.....what?

If your man did something illegal he should be arrested and tried for it. Quite simple. Then we see where the line is.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Barack Obama told a black audience he would see it as a "personal insult, an insult to my legacy" if black Americans didn't show up to vote for Hillary in 2016. Which sounds a lot like a call for personal loyalty to a specific ethnic group.

by the way, American Jews should find it impossible to vote for a party that embraces Jew-haters like Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar.
Actually, it sounds to me like a call for a Political Party and Candidate. But to a hammer everything seems like a nail.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're pretty safe in predicting Trump won't get 79% of the Jewish vote

In 2016, Clinton beat Trump 71%-24%, a 47% spread. I predict the spread will be less in 2020. Too soon to predict how much less. Obama beat Romney 69%-30% in 2012, a 39% spread. I won't be surprised if the spread in 2018 is smaller than that.
"I am saying that 79% of the Jewish vote will not go to Trump" - means, of course, it will go to the Dem or 3rd party candidates. That is a greater spread than any of the former POTUS elections you reference and equal to or greater than the 2018 Dem/GOP vote (that high end of guesses are that Jews went 79% for Dems)....

So the trend is
71-74% 2016
77-79% 2018
???? 2010

I fill in the ??? with at least 79 (given margin of error, we could say 77-81%) - which, if it happens, is a very clear indication that the modern Right is chasing away reasonable people and that bigly words aren't working.

We need to remember that even a 2% plus spread from 2016 would largely doom Trump in Florida - which, by itself, would be enough to swing most scenarios.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:59 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He was fleeing an AR-15 toting antifa sociopath
Yeah, like an hour before he plowed into innocent protestors.

BTW, did you know that Fields posted an image on Instagram three months before the crash that showed bodies tossed into the air after a car plows into a crowd identified as “protesters”. That was part of the evidence used against him in his trial. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ny-scared-away

Source Commonwealth of Virginia

Link https://www.nbc12.com/2018/11/30/fie...allowed-trial/

Go ahead, tell us that's coincidence.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And yet Trump's words for the people chanting "Jews will not replace us" parked in comparison to his words for Jewish people who vote Democrat.
"The Jews are not loyal to the State".
Adolf Hitler

"Any Jew that votes Democrat is disloyal".
Donald Trump

Yeah. Trump is a certain genius. That's SURE to garner him more Jewish votes.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:41 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
"The Jews are not loyal to the State".
Adolf Hitler

"Any Jew that votes Democrat is disloyal".
Donald Trump

Yeah. Trump is a certain genius. That's SURE to garner him more Jewish votes.
Geez. He wasn't talking about being disloyal to America. He was talking about being disloyal to the Jewish population, voting for the Party that excuses or outright denies the anti-Semitic Congresswomen in their ranks. Do you have a clue who sponsored Tlaib on her recent attempt to go to "Palestine"? An anti-Semitic group that published an article accusing Jews of drinking Christian blood!

So he wasn't talking about being disloyal to himself. Were you enraged when Obama told black folks that if they didn't vote for him (or was it Hillary) that he would take it as a personal insult?

Old 08-21-2019, 10:43 AM

53 posts, read 40,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
People!!! Are you kidding me?

You leftists are so blinded by hate for Trump that you misinterpreted him - again - either intentionally or not. He was not saying that Jews who vote for Democrats are being disloyal to Israel....or to America.....or to HIM.

He was saying that Jews who vote for Democrats, who are opening defending or excusing or denying the antisemites currently in Congress (specifically the two who just partnered with the horribly anti-Semitic MIFTA) are being disloyal to the Jewish people, as a whole.
Welp...

Trump literally double downs on his words from yesterday and even takes it a step further to say Jewish people were being disloyal to the state of Israel. There's literally no ambiguity anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Will Jewish people walk away from their support for Democratic Party?-trumpdual.png  

Old 08-21-2019, 10:54 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laaaa View Post
Welp...

Trump literally double downs on his words from yesterday and even takes it a step further to say Jewish people were being disloyal to the state of Israel. There's literally no ambiguity anymore.
Ah! I see.....so we were both right. He clarified it that Jews who vote for Democrats are being disloyal to the Jewish people and to Israel.

I don't see where that's wrong. We have alt-left Democratic Congresswomen proudly proclaiming their support for a movement that wants to see Israel annihilated, and that would definitely be to the detriment of Jews were it allowed to happen. We have Democratic Congresswomen being sponsored by an anti-Semitic group to go to "Palestine." We have Democratic Congresspeople saying they would consider cutting off aid to Israel.

I know several Jews who have always voted Democrat and are appalled. They are planning to vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies