U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 01:48 PM

2,724 posts, read 913,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Democrats: Republicans being for Jews is anti-Semitic, and being against Jews is anti-Semitic.

What Trump really said is some Jews are loyal to a Democrat party that tolerates and defends anti-Jewish and anti-Israel politicians. And that's exactly right.
No, what Trump REALLY said (his words) was that Jews who vote for Democrats are greatly disloyal. At first I thought he meant disloyal to the US. That would be an anti-semitic statement playing on past tropes questioning Jew's loyalty to the US.

Later, he stated that such Jews would be disloyal to Israel. Well, I should hope so! If they are American citizens their loyalty should lie with this country alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 01:54 PM

13,700 posts, read 4,128,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
No, what Trump REALLY said (his words) was that Jews who vote for Democrats are greatly disloyal. At first I thought he meant disloyal to the US. That would be an anti-semitic statement playing on past tropes questioning Jew's loyalty to the US.

Later, he stated that such Jews would be disloyal to Israel. Well, I should hope so! If they are American citizens their loyalty should lie with this country alone.
OK but if even Jews should not support Israel then who should? I don't think he meant more loyal to Israel or only loyal to Israel or less loyal to the US. Israel is suppose to be a close ally. That is just Democrats saying "dual loyality".

Old 08-21-2019, 01:58 PM

445 posts, read 61,394 times
Quote:

It was obvious to anyone what he meant. Don't pretend. And oh, btw, all American Jews have automatic citizenship to Israel if they choose to accept it by virtue of being Jewish ethnically.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:27 PM

9,540 posts, read 17,617,880 times
Quote:
And I'm saying if the concept Jewish or otherwise in origin is compel and impose upon others, then the concept is flawed and wrong.
You mean like the way the Republican party is always trying to ram "Christian values" down our throats?

(Christian values is in quotes, because obviously Jesus wouldn't be locking refugees in cages for example.)

Old 08-21-2019, 03:10 PM

16,872 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Quote:

All are dog whistles. If you don't think White Supremacists are Yuk Yuk all over the nation when they see this stuff, you haven't been following the narrative.

Every possible meme of anti-semitism has been floating out by the Right and Trump....at the same time they fake "we are the best friends of those jews".

It's like that old "I have lots of black friends so I'm not racist" thing. Even if one attended KKK meetings...they are not racists. It's just jews and catholics the KKK hates, not blacks!

No thinking person is buying any of this...of course, a large portion (bell curve) of Americans don't think, so this means little in terms of voting or anything.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
All are dog whistles. If you don't think White Supremacists are Yuk Yuk all over the nation when they see this stuff, you haven't been following the narrative.

Every possible meme of anti-semitism has been floating out by the Right and Trump....at the same time they fake "we are the best friends of those jews".

It's like that old "I have lots of black friends so I'm not racist" thing. Even if one attended KKK meetings...they are not racists. It's just jews and catholics the KKK hates, not blacks!

No thinking person is buying any of this...of course, a large portion (bell curve) of Americans don't think, so this means little in terms of voting or anything.
Lol what dog whistle? Trump straight out said supporting Democrats is anti-Jewish and ant-Israel? And all that support the right provides Israel is just a cover for them secretly being anti-Semitic and white supremacist? That's a pretty far out conspiracy theory.

Old 08-21-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You mean like the way the Republican party is always trying to ram "Christian values" down our throats?

(Christian values is in quotes, because obviously Jesus wouldn't be locking refugees in cages for example.)
What's the difference? You have already said you want to cram what you said were Jewish values down our throat. This is a Christian founded and majority country is the difference.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:03 PM

4,099 posts, read 728,276 times
Quote:

Israel was created in 1948, in the wake of the Holocaust, as a Jewish haven for all time. The Jewish people were stateless from 44 AD until 1948. It was realized after the Holocaust that the stateless approach didn't cut it.

Israel was created to a great extent through the efforts of US President Harry Truman, who prevailed upon the UN to make it happen. All Jews AND all Americans should feel loyalty towards Israel. Not without limit, of course, but even an American's loyalty to the US government isn't without limit.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:05 PM

4,099 posts, read 728,276 times
Quote:
What's the difference? You have already said you want to cram what you said were Jewish values down our throat. This is a Christian founded and majority country is the difference.
Wrong.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/54811164-post1313.html

Old 08-21-2019, 04:07 PM

10,276 posts, read 6,785,388 times
Quote:
Read the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. Not to mention that a number of the Founding Fathers were Deists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or