Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 08:46 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Democrats are okay with people having other kinds of split loyalties, including and especially loyalty to Mexico and putting their own race before the country as a whole like with many black Democrats who are racially obsessed. They're okay with Mexicans in the US voting in favor of Mexican interests, for example, by supporting NAFTA and voting in favor of illegal aliens for racial reasons because they see themselves as much Mexican as American and consider the illegals to be their people too.

Democrats are also supportive of globalist interests like open borders, redistributing American wealth abroad, trade agreements that benefit other nations over the US and sacrifices American jobs to help other nations, etc. Such as NAFTA, the Trans Pacific Partnership, the Paris Accord, etc.

Some Democrats are also care more about birds and fish than they do about coal miners and natural gas workers........
Yes, Democrats are full of inconsistencies and are the last group to be lecturing about undivided loyalty.

Old 08-21-2019, 08:51 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Hitler was talking about Jews not being loyal to Germany.

Trump was talking about the Jews being loyal to their OWN country the State of Israel and to their own leader Benjamin Netanyahu.....big difference here!

Benjamin Netanyahu, the leader of the Jewish people, is very supportive of Trump and doesn't think he's anti-Semitic. So I would take his opinion over some liberal journalist any day.
Leader of the Israeli people, not all Jewish people. Most all American Jews support the USA first, and Israel to a point. But without specific ties.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:04 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Leader of the Israeli people, not all Jewish people. Most all American Jews support the USA first, and Israel to a point. But without specific ties.
“And Israel to a point.”

To the point that it should always exist as a Jewish homeland. That is an important distinction.

Only 3% of American Jews do not believe in that.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:09 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Hitler was talking about Jews not being loyal to Germany.

Trump was talking about the Jews being loyal to their OWN country the State of Israel and to their own leader Benjamin Netanyahu.....big difference here!

Benjamin Netanyahu, the leader of the Jewish people, is very supportive of Trump and doesn't think he's anti-Semitic. So I would take his opinion over some liberal journalist any day.
I can't decide if this post comes from ignorance or antisemitism. Or I suppose both.

No, Benjamin Netanyahyu is NOT the leader of the Jewish people. He is the head of state of the country of Israel. American Jews are not Israelis, they do not vote in elections there, and the vast majority of them, the same 80% or so who vote Democratic in the US most likely would not have voted for him if they were Israeli.

It's incredibly offensive for you to keep repeating statements such as these. It's antisemitic when Trump says them, and it's antisemitic when you say them. It has nothing to do with Netanyahu's opinion, you are just factually wrong and any further insistence on this stance will prove that you are deliberately making anti-Jewish comments, which as a Jewish American, I will continue to point out so people are aware of the hateful nature of this language.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:23 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I can't decide if this post comes from ignorance or antisemitism. Or I suppose both.

No, Benjamin Netanyahyu is NOT the leader of the Jewish people. He is the head of state of the country of Israel. American Jews are not Israelis, they do not vote in elections there, and the vast majority of them, the same 80% or so who vote Democratic in the US most likely would not have voted for him if they were Israeli.

It's incredibly offensive for you to keep repeating statements such as these. It's antisemitic when Trump says them, and it's antisemitic when you say them. It has nothing to do with Netanyahu's opinion, you are just factually wrong and any further insistence on this stance will prove that you are deliberately making anti-Jewish comments, which as a Jewish American, I will continue to point out so people are aware of the hateful nature of this language.
Thank you.

Pretty obvious why they sound antisemitic. They are defending the clueless 'Chosen One', who is spouting the same antisemitic garbage. American Jews are well aware of what Trump is doing because most of them are more intelligent than he is.

"...Trump keeps pushing anti-Semitic stereotypes. But he thinks he’s praising Jews....

...That penchant for anti-Semitic utterances goes back to well before his presidency. He has repeatedly suggested that Jews are greedy or money-grubbing and use their wealth to control politics...

..Trump, by contrast, was arguing that Democratic Jews were insufficiently devoted to other Jews or to Israel — that they were not strong enough dual loyalists. In other words, he criticized American Jews for not conforming to the anti-Semitic stereotype..."

https://www.washingtonp ost.com/outlook/2019/08/21/trump-keeps-pushing-anti-semitic-stereotypes-he-thinks-hes-praising-jews/

Old 08-22-2019, 09:24 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

All of this. This is antisemitism. No amount of non-Jews saying "Har har you're just not getting the joke" or "But he was talking about loyalty to ISRAEL!" makes it less antisemitic. In fact, it clarifies just how antisemitic it is.

It should also be noted that Netanyahu is a controversial figure even in Israel. He's failed to form a government coalition and there are snap elections being held next month as a result. Much like Trump, he is a divisive figure in Israeli politics and has been plagued by scandals and financial misdeeds. His approval ratings are around Trump's equivalent rating in the US, and the vast majority of Israelis see corruption as a problem in their government.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:41 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
“And Israel to a point.”

To the point that it should always exist as a Jewish homeland. That is an important distinction.

Only 3% of American Jews do not believe in that.
True. And Omar and Tlaib support a movement that seeks as its ultimate goal the destruction of Israel. (That's the one-state solution they favor, which anyone with a brain knows will wipe out Israel within a generation or two.) Some other Democrat lawmakers are talking about withholding aid from Israel. Other Democrat lawmakers, in support of Omar and Tlaib's positions, refuse to stand up for Israel's continuing existence.

I just spoke with a Jewish friend this morning, and he said he thought what Trump said was correct - that Jews who vote for the Democrats, in light of their strong turn against Israel, ARE being disloyal to the Jewish people and to Israel (although you liberals on this thread won't see it that way) - and that he is appalled that liberals are so angry at Jews who vote for the pro-Israel party. I say this so liberals know that their rage at Jews who strongly support Israel is not only upside down, but that it can backfire. Bigly. In Florida. Swing state. Hello again...…..President Trump.

Liberals have handed down the edict, apparently: Jews are loyal to America only if they are pro-Palestinian. If they are pro-Israel, as in wanting it to exist, they are somehow disloyal to America.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:46 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
True. And Omar and Tlaib support a movement that seeks as its ultimate goal the destruction of Israel. (That's the one-state solution they favor, which anyone with a brain knows will wipe out Israel within a generation or two.) Some other Democrat lawmakers are talking about withholding aid from Israel. Other Democrat lawmakers, in support of Omar and Tlaib's positions, refuse to stand up for Israel's continuing existence.

I just spoke with a Jewish friend this morning, and he said he thought what Trump said was correct - that Jews who vote for the Democrats, in light of their strong turn against Israel, ARE being disloyal to the Jewish people and to Israel (although you liberals on this thread won't see it that way) - and that he is appalled that liberals are so angry at Jews who vote for the pro-Israel party. I say this so liberals know that their rage at Jews who strongly support Israel is not only upside down, but that it can backfire. Bigly. In Florida. Swing state. Hello again...…..President Trump.

Liberals have handed down the edict, apparently: Jews are loyal to America only if they are pro-Palestinian. If they are pro-Israel, as in wanting it to exist, they are somehow disloyal to America.
And this is just as offensive. Nothing I have posted has EVER suggested that I think Israel shouldn't exist and it's grotesque that you would make that lying claim.

And my first loyalty, as an American, is to America, not to Israel. You are a hypocrite who attacks Omar and Tlaib while defending equally offensive language from Trump when you accept this absurd antisemitic trope that Jews are or should be more loyal to Israel and other Jews than they are to their own country.

Oh, and by the way, even the Jews in Germany who started out supporting the Nazi party? No protection, they were murdered just like the others.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:49 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
All of this. This is antisemitism. No amount of non-Jews saying "Har har you're just not getting the joke" or "But he was talking about loyalty to ISRAEL!" makes it less antisemitic. In fact, it clarifies just how antisemitic it is.

OK but no one has to agree with your anti-Semitic labeling or care .

Do you care that I would label most democrats anti-white?

Old 08-22-2019, 11:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Tell us where in the Bible it says that to be Christian, one must believe in the divinity of Jesus?
This is what many of my Christian friends have told me......

"It is the divine name that alone brings salvation, and henceforth all can invoke his .... To be a Christian, one must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God"

Fodder for another thread, but my layman take is that if one does not believe in the Virgin Birth, The Resurrection and certain Miracles, many (most?) sects would not consider them Christians.

"Like most Christians, Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Creator of the World."

Well, you certainly have to be divine to Create the World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies