U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 08:21 AM

16,478 posts, read 6,503,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
A representative freshman at that has very little power.

An incompetent POTUS can set us back decades.

Trump's strategy to elevate to prominence these freshman reps has worked on you.
It may actually work on the country. Trump would rather run against Ocasio-Cortez, Presley, Tlaib and Omar than a glib candidate like Biden who offends no one, but will be dictated to by his party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 09:49 AM

21,529 posts, read 12,150,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am one extremist liberal who is a Democrat and am Jewish. I will probably vote for Trump in 2020. It is not so much that the Squadron exists; it's that they are not being marginalized. I do not care that the House has not formally censured them. Their committee assignments, especially Omar's assignment to foreign affairs speaks volumes. It demonstrates what a Democrat foreign policy would look like these days.
Sorry but I'm not buying this. You can claim to be an "extremist liberal" if that helps you sleep at night, but no one I know who has liberal beliefs would ever vote for Trump. Nor would they buy into the Trump-created frenzy about 4 freshman Congressmen who have no power, just because Trump has chosen to demonize them to energize his base. They are duly elected officials, they have received committee assignments the same as every other Rep. But a freshman Rep doesn't represent the party as a whole no matter what Trump says. That doesn't mean I support them, and as a matter of fact, I would be fine if all 4 of "the squad" were primaried and lost. But nothing could ever make me vote for Trump and you aren't a liberal by any definition IMO if you would.

And even if you are a single issue voter on Israel, Trump has repeatedly shown himself to be an antisemite. So it's appalling to vote for him because of that as well.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:49 AM

1,945 posts, read 433,407 times
House of Representatives doesn't have the power of international decisions affecting our country like POTUS. Not sure why anyone would be alarmed by some freshman/Jr reps asking questions in a subcommittee.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:53 AM

9,077 posts, read 4,037,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That poster may be one of the 11% of Jews who voted Republican in 2018 - fewer than voted for Trump in 2016. The Jewish vote is Democratic and will stay that way. As has been said many times, Omar is no more the Democratic party than Roy Moore or King are the Republican party. Trump is the Republican party and Jews know what he is.
Very well said.

I would mention one thing though. Trump is hardly the Republican Party. And more than anything, Trump the nudnik wants to be revered and remembered. So with Trump if there is a next term, he could well turn around and start pleasing us Jews. You never know...

Old 08-23-2019, 09:55 AM

13,672 posts, read 4,121,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It may actually work on the country. Trump would rather run against Ocasio-Cortez, Presley, Tlaib and Omar than a glib candidate like Biden who offends no one, but will be dictated to by his party.
I must be no one. Biden offends me greatly with his anti-white, anti-American and anti-conservative spiel.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:15 AM

8,501 posts, read 2,482,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I must be no one. Biden offends me greatly with his anti-white, anti-American and anti-conservative spiel.
Plus he has a problem with females above the age of 5. Normal people don't fondle female strangers.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:02 PM

9,671 posts, read 4,951,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That poster may be one of the 11% of Jews who voted Republican in 2018 - fewer than voted for Trump in 2016. The Jewish vote is Democratic and will stay that way. As has been said many times, Omar is no more the Democratic party than Roy Moore or King are the Republican party. Trump is the Republican party and Jews know what he is.
I expect the overall Jewish vote for Trump to be roughly the same as in 2016, 24%, with older Jews voting for him at a higher %. Florida.

In general, older Jews care more about Israel and put support for Israel higher on their important issues list.

The Trump overall vote will go up if the D nominee overtly moves toward the OmarTlaib crew positions on Israel.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:10 AM

67,252 posts, read 30,864,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So chasing someone down the street on camera in public is one side of the line but telling people you could kill someone and they would accept it is another?
One is an actual action committed by a deranged lunatic member of antifa, the other is just talk that hasn't developed into an action.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:12 AM

67,252 posts, read 30,864,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Yeah, like an hour before he plowed into innocent protestors.

BTW, did you know that Fields posted an image on Instagram three months before the crash that showed bodies tossed into the air after a car plows into a crowd identified as “protesters”. That was part of the evidence used against him in his trial. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ny-scared-away

Source Commonwealth of Virginia

Link https://www.nbc12.com/2018/11/30/fie...allowed-trial/

Go ahead, tell us that's coincidence.
A lot of people posted/tweeted about the Jihadis' vehicle attacks that killed several people. Does that mean they're all complicit?

Old 08-24-2019, 06:22 AM

9,330 posts, read 9,421,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
I think its more likely that Trump's bizarre behavior as president will bring many Jews back into the fold of the democrat party.

A few examples:

1. Loudly insisting that no good Jew could for democrats when he knows all people are entitled to make up their own mind about politics.

2. Offering to buy Greenland when he knows it is not for sale.

3. Trying to get Russia readmitted to the G7 nations after they purposefully interfered in our election process.

4. Provoking a trade war with China when there are signs of the country slipping into a recession.

5. Unfavorably comparing the Chairman of the federal reserve board to the leader of China and suggesting both are enemies.

He's not right in the head. I think all people--including Jews--are beginning to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or