U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-24-2019, 08:51 PM
 
9,331 posts, read 9,423,044 times
Reputation: 29310

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I look at what he's done. He says an awful lot. What he's done for our people is pure gold.
Whatever Trump has done for Jews or any other group is purely transactional.

He has no sense of ethics. He will sell any group out the minute that he senses he can gain by doing it.

He chose Powell to be Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board. Now Powell isn't doing his bidding by lowering interest rates. So, he compares him to the leader of China (unfavorably). Think of all the people who wouldn't do his bidding he has forced out of their jobs. I refer to Sessions, Matis, Tillerson, Kelly, and McMasters. They were all decent people and he forced them out.

Trump acts the way he does because he is deliberately trying to create a wedge issue. He believes he can split the vote of the Jewish community.

A warning for any Jewish person (or anyone else) who thinks Trump is on their side: Those who ride the back of the tiger will end up inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2019, 08:52 PM
 
5,508 posts, read 2,937,788 times
Reputation: 10000
Oy vey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 09:39 AM
 
9,081 posts, read 4,039,666 times
Reputation: 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
What have the Democrats done for the Jewish people? Did I hear nothing? I don't know why any Jewish person would want to support the Democrats.
Ask not what the Dems can do for Jews...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 09:42 AM
 
9,081 posts, read 4,039,666 times
Reputation: 1784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Huh???? You act as if all the Jews are saying they will not walk away, and "far-right" characters are trying to plant the seed.

We've had Jews on this thread say they will continue to vote Repubilcan, or vote Republican for the first time. Why are you ignoring THOSE Jews? (Another poster said he didn't consider them "real Jews", but believe me.....the Orthodox Jews at shul today are definitely Jews. And they are not voting for the party throwing Israel to the wolves.

P.S. Did you hear that the Palestinian Authority is handing out candies to celebrate the murder of the 17-year-old Jewish girl this Shabbos? Nice.
As a Jew I about only vote Pub in more local elections. But I might go Trump this time since he has cut taxes and continues to spend. Trump knows debt and that is actually closer to my heart than Judaism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 09:53 AM
 
377 posts, read 137,761 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Very true!! Most white people I know, Jewish or otherwise in the liberal elite, are from sheltered, spoiled middle class backgrounds. The black Democrats and the illegal aliens are their tools basically. The typical white liberal doesn't have any family members or friends who never went to college, think being a cashier or a waitress if beneath them, looks down on blue collar jobs like manufacturing and coal mining and natural gas drilling, etc and looks down on anyone who shops at Walmart or Dollar General or drives a pickup truck or dresses in anything less than uggs boots and North Face jackets.

Here in the real America that I know, people work for what they have. And when these elite liberals' next generation is getting these useless college degrees in philosophy or whatever, it makes them bitter that people in the petrochemical plants here are making upwards of $40 an hour with no student loan debt. Most white liberals also don't have any black or Hispanic friends and for them BLM is a pet cause like saving the whales in Japan.

I see illegal aliens as invaders being used as tools, black Democrats are tools, etc but white liberals are the true enemies.

This is a disgusting amount of generalizing. Not surprising since it's coming from one of the most misinformed bigots on this forum (and that's saying a lot).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 10:25 AM
 
9,713 posts, read 4,408,939 times
Reputation: 11189
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reasonable people seem to understand the Squad is no more representative of the Democrat Party than say, Rep Steve King is of the Republican Party.
There has always been an undercurrent of anti-Semitism within the (D) party, but it was just better disguised.
Heck back when Hillary was 1st Lady she raised eyebrows with Arafat's wife. The irony of course is that many American Jews don't care that much about Israel, thus they have ignored the signs within the party for decades.

One thing to keep in mind is that the "Jewish vote" is not that big numerically, as they only make up 2% of the overall US population.
Also they are mainly concentrated in large cities in NY & CA.
So where their influence comes in is campaign contributions and funding of lobby groups. Jews (according to a 2014 study by the Pew Research Center) ranked as the most financially successful religious group in the United States.
The study showed that 45% of Jews had incomes of at least $100,000

So since money has inexorably become intertwined, Jews make up for their small numbers with their large pocketbooks.
So the question is will blind funding of Democrats by them continue, knowing full well there is a anti-Jew cancer within the modern day Democratic party.


`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 12:02 PM
 
13,698 posts, read 4,128,116 times
Reputation: 4065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
There has always been an undercurrent of anti-Semitism within the (D) party, but it was just better disguised.
Heck back when Hillary was 1st Lady she raised eyebrows with Arafat's wife. The irony of course is that many American Jews don't care that much about Israel, thus they have ignored the signs within the party for decades.

One thing to keep in mind is that the "Jewish vote" is not that big numerically, as they only make up 2% of the overall US population.
Also they are mainly concentrated in large cities in NY & CA.
So where their influence comes in is campaign contributions and funding of lobby groups. Jews (according to a 2014 study by the Pew Research Center) ranked as the most financially successful religious group in the United States.
The study showed that 45% of Jews had incomes of at least $100,000

So since money has inexorably become intertwined, Jews make up for their small numbers with their large pocketbooks.
So the question is will blind funding of Democrats by them continue, knowing full well there is a anti-Jew cancer within the modern day Democratic party.


`
That's what it's really about, not the tiny Jewish vote which won't even swing an election where they are voting from, but their huge, disproportionate influence on politics and else where. I believe Jews single handedly could turn this country conservative if they see the light and decide to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 12:05 PM
 
449 posts, read 195,650 times
Reputation: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Because we want a plan for healthcare access up to and including universal healthcare.
Because we want to protect the environment and combat global warming.
Because we value public education.
Because we are concerned about the USA's standing on the global diplomatic stage.
Because we want autonomy over our own bodies.
Because we are also women, gay, trans, poor, elderly, disabled, and/or sick or have friends and family who fit into those categories.

Sort of like why people of all faiths support the Democrats.

Why on earth wouldn't we support the Democrats simply because we're Jewish?
That is something we all want, What makes you think the Democrats are going to do that for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 02:59 PM
 
9,331 posts, read 9,423,044 times
Reputation: 29310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
That is something we all want, What makes you think the Democrats are going to do that for you.
Its more a question of being almost certain the GOP will do none of those things.

Most republicans don't give a rat's behind if there is some chronically ill person out there who can't afford health insurance. They think its "their problem" and they ought to "live with it".

Most republicans don't care about climate change. They think they can blissfully sit back while the weather gets warmer every summer, while the glaciers melt, while the oceans rise, and while hurricanes become more prevalent and pretend that all is well.

Most republicans stood by while Trump put Betsy DeVoss in the position of Secretary of Education. Betsy never attended a public school in her life and has no use for public schools.

Most republicans stood by seeing no evil, hearing no evil, and speaking no evil while Trump proceeded to insult Canada, Germany, France, and the previous prime minister of the UK. At the same time, they ignored the fact that even if he did nothing criminal he received assistance from Russia getting elected President.

Most republicans oppose a constitutional right to abortion even during the early stages of pregnancy. They are playing a game trying to get one more justice appointed to the Supreme Court. I suspect many are hoping Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die or retire from the Supreme Court this year.

Most republicans are upset the Supreme Court stated that gay people had a right to marry. They want to overturn that decision as much as they want to overturn Roe. v. Wade.

Our current president is nothing less than trash. He makes normal people sick. Even if the democrats do only 15% of what is hoped for its better than having the current individual president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2019, 03:40 PM
 
449 posts, read 195,650 times
Reputation: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its more a question of being almost certain the GOP will do none of those things.

Most republicans don't give a rat's behind if there is some chronically ill person out there who can't afford health insurance. They think its "their problem" and they ought to "live with it".

Most republicans don't care about climate change. They think they can blissfully sit back while the weather gets warmer every summer, while the glaciers melt, while the oceans rise, and while hurricanes become more prevalent and pretend that all is well.

Most republicans stood by while Trump put Betsy DeVoss in the position of Secretary of Education. Betsy never attended a public school in her life and has no use for public schools.

Most republicans stood by seeing no evil, hearing no evil, and speaking no evil while Trump proceeded to insult Canada, Germany, France, and the previous prime minister of the UK. At the same time, they ignored the fact that even if he did nothing criminal he received assistance from Russia getting elected President.

Most republicans oppose a constitutional right to abortion even during the early stages of pregnancy. They are playing a game trying to get one more justice appointed to the Supreme Court. I suspect many are hoping Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die or retire from the Supreme Court this year.

Most republicans are upset the Supreme Court stated that gay people had a right to marry. They want to overturn that decision as much as they want to overturn Roe. v. Wade.

Our current president is nothing less than trash. He makes normal people sick. Even if the democrats do only 15% of what is hoped for its better than having the current individual president.
LOL, You just don't understand do you. Americans don't want your kind of government that's why we have Mr. President Donald Trump.

Last edited by Mike Town; 08-25-2019 at 03:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top