Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 01:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,806,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
There has always been an undercurrent of anti-Semitism within the (D) party, but it was just better disguised.
Heck back when Hillary was 1st Lady she raised eyebrows with Arafat's wife. The irony of course is that many American Jews don't care that much about Israel, thus they have ignored the signs within the party for decades.

One thing to keep in mind is that the "Jewish vote" is not that big numerically, as they only make up 2% of the overall US population.
Also they are mainly concentrated in large cities in NY & CA.
So where their influence comes in is campaign contributions and funding of lobby groups. Jews (according to a 2014 study by the Pew Research Center) ranked as the most financially successful religious group in the United States.
The study showed that 45% of Jews had incomes of at least $100,000

So since money has inexorably become intertwined, Jews make up for their small numbers with their large pocketbooks.
So the question is will blind funding of Democrats by them continue, knowing full well there is a anti-Jew cancer within the modern day Democratic party.

`
That's what it's really about, not the tiny Jewish vote which won't even swing an election where they are voting from, but their huge, disproportionate influence on politics and else where. I believe Jews single handedly could turn this country conservative if they see the light and decide to.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:05 PM

827 posts, read 648,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Because we want a plan for healthcare access up to and including universal healthcare.
Because we want to protect the environment and combat global warming.
Because we value public education.
Because we are concerned about the USA's standing on the global diplomatic stage.
Because we want autonomy over our own bodies.
Because we are also women, gay, trans, poor, elderly, disabled, and/or sick or have friends and family who fit into those categories.

Sort of like why people of all faiths support the Democrats.

Why on earth wouldn't we support the Democrats simply because we're Jewish?
That is something we all want, What makes you think the Democrats are going to do that for you.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:59 PM

14,326 posts, read 14,125,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
That is something we all want, What makes you think the Democrats are going to do that for you.
Its more a question of being almost certain the GOP will do none of those things.

Most republicans don't give a rat's behind if there is some chronically ill person out there who can't afford health insurance. They think its "their problem" and they ought to "live with it".

Most republicans don't care about climate change. They think they can blissfully sit back while the weather gets warmer every summer, while the glaciers melt, while the oceans rise, and while hurricanes become more prevalent and pretend that all is well.

Most republicans stood by while Trump put Betsy DeVoss in the position of Secretary of Education. Betsy never attended a public school in her life and has no use for public schools.

Most republicans stood by seeing no evil, hearing no evil, and speaking no evil while Trump proceeded to insult Canada, Germany, France, and the previous prime minister of the UK. At the same time, they ignored the fact that even if he did nothing criminal he received assistance from Russia getting elected President.

Most republicans oppose a constitutional right to abortion even during the early stages of pregnancy. They are playing a game trying to get one more justice appointed to the Supreme Court. I suspect many are hoping Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die or retire from the Supreme Court this year.

Most republicans are upset the Supreme Court stated that gay people had a right to marry. They want to overturn that decision as much as they want to overturn Roe. v. Wade.

Our current president is nothing less than trash. He makes normal people sick. Even if the democrats do only 15% of what is hoped for its better than having the current individual president.

Old 08-25-2019, 04:40 PM

827 posts, read 648,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its more a question of being almost certain the GOP will do none of those things.

Most republicans don't give a rat's behind if there is some chronically ill person out there who can't afford health insurance. They think its "their problem" and they ought to "live with it".

Most republicans don't care about climate change. They think they can blissfully sit back while the weather gets warmer every summer, while the glaciers melt, while the oceans rise, and while hurricanes become more prevalent and pretend that all is well.

Most republicans stood by while Trump put Betsy DeVoss in the position of Secretary of Education. Betsy never attended a public school in her life and has no use for public schools.

Most republicans stood by seeing no evil, hearing no evil, and speaking no evil while Trump proceeded to insult Canada, Germany, France, and the previous prime minister of the UK. At the same time, they ignored the fact that even if he did nothing criminal he received assistance from Russia getting elected President.

Most republicans oppose a constitutional right to abortion even during the early stages of pregnancy. They are playing a game trying to get one more justice appointed to the Supreme Court. I suspect many are hoping Ruth Bader Ginsburg will die or retire from the Supreme Court this year.

Most republicans are upset the Supreme Court stated that gay people had a right to marry. They want to overturn that decision as much as they want to overturn Roe. v. Wade.

Our current president is nothing less than trash. He makes normal people sick. Even if the democrats do only 15% of what is hoped for its better than having the current individual president.
LOL, You just don't understand do you. Americans don't want your kind of government that's why we have Mr. President Donald Trump.

Last edited by Mike Town; 08-25-2019 at 04:49 PM..

Old 08-25-2019, 04:48 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,372,663 times
According to Pew research, Jewish support for the democratic party is down to 79%. The tide is turning!!!

Old 08-25-2019, 04:53 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,372,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

I think if we are being honest here, most republicans actually equals 99.5% of the GOP, so basically, all republicans. No need to say, "most."

Old 08-25-2019, 05:06 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,988,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
According to Pew research, Jewish support for the democratic party is down to 79%. The tide is turning!!!
I heard talk host Dennis Prager talking about this recently. He said that most Jews in the US now are non-practicing. As I recall he said that they are "liberals first, Jews second," and that is his primary explanation for why so many remain loyal to the Democratic party, even in the face of Dem. anti-Semitism. I am not even Jewish, and the anti-Semitism has driven even me out of official membership.

Even so, I noticed recently that the local Rush Limbaugh station (KTTH AM 770) has starting at 12 noon Michael Medved, Jason Rantz (local host), Ben Shapiro, and finally Mark Levin from 9-midnight. All are Jewish. As someone posted earlier, there is a shift underway, but these things happen over decades, not overnight.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:13 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,583,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I heard talk host Dennis Prager talking about this recently. He said that most Jews in the US now are non-practicing. As I recall he said that they are "liberals first, Jews second," and that is his primary explanation for why so many remain loyal to the Democratic party, even in the face of Dem. anti-Semitism. I am not even Jewish, and the anti-Semitism has driven even me out of official membership.

Even so, I noticed recently that the local Rush Limbaugh station (KTTH AM 770) has starting at 12 noon Michael Medved, Jason Rantz (local host), Ben Shapiro, and finally Mark Levin from 9-midnight. All are Jewish. As someone posted earlier, there is a shift underway, but these things happen over decades, not overnight.
I don't think you understand the situation.

Most "conservative" Jew talk show hosts are simply entertainers...doing it for the money. This is the era where you can fake that you are one thing or another and make millions doing it.

The people you mention have zero to do with being Jewish and everything to do with being actors.

No shift is underway. From the start of time people have been paid to put forward certain opinions. As one guy said to Tucker (and he refused to air it)..."Y'all are Millionaires being paid by Billionaires to say what they want you to".

As far as "liberals first"...again, you don't get it. Our training means one must be a "liberal", just as a Jesuit Priest must help the poor and others. You could say the same thing about Quakers "Liberals and Pacifists first and Christians second"........but that would be just as crazy.

One thing informs the others.

"Tikkun olam ” (Hebrew for “world repair”) has come to connote social action and the pursuit of social justice. The phrase has origins in classical rabbinic literature and in Lurianic kabbalah, a major strand of Jewish mysticism originating with the work of the 16th-century kabbalist Isaac Luria."

Old 08-25-2019, 05:19 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,107,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
Has anyone yet mentioned the absurdity of believing that two newcomers to Congress represent the whole of the Democratic Party?

It would be far more pertinent to ask why more Republicans aren't abandoning Trump for his hate-mongering, which is far broader than anything from the two newbies, Tlaib and Omar.

Old 08-25-2019, 05:21 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,395,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
LOL, You just don't understand do you. Americans don't want your kind of government that's why we have Mr. President Donald Trump.
If you support Trump - then you don't want any of the things that were listed. Because he is the complete opposite of all that.

And let's correct this record - TRUMP Americans don't want that - but REAL Americans do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies