U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-26-2019, 06:59 AM
 
4,332 posts, read 887,194 times
Reputation: 3243

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
And how do you know they are being targeted because they are Jewish?
This above is an example of "soft antisemitism" permeating the Democrat party. They take an obviously antisemitic act, and deny it is antisemitic. The underlying message is tolerance of antisemitism, because Jews....eh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2019, 07:08 AM
 
401 posts, read 146,462 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This above is an example of "soft antisemitism" permeating the Democrat party. They take an obviously antisemitic act, and deny it is antisemitic. The underlying message is tolerance of antisemitism, because Jews....eh....

And this is called a deflection from my question.

BTW, are you as horrified by the comments section as I am?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 07:11 AM
 
401 posts, read 146,462 times
Reputation: 599
Rachel, just so we're clear, is the following statement Anti-Semitic:

Palestinians should have their own country in the Levant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,683 posts, read 10,496,629 times
Reputation: 8172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Rachel, just so we're clear, is the following statement Anti-Semitic:

Palestinians should have their own country in the Levant
I think the vast majority of Jews believe that. Then this whole thing could be put to rest.

This is not the problem. The problem is that the Palestinians don't believe that Jews should have their own country in the Levant. They don't want their own state, unless it includes all the stuff that the Israelis built in Israel. Itís not really about land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 08:20 AM
 
4,332 posts, read 887,194 times
Reputation: 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
And this is called a deflection from my question.

BTW, are you as horrified by the comments section as I am?
What comments section?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 08:24 AM
 
4,332 posts, read 887,194 times
Reputation: 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Rachel, just so we're clear, is the following statement Anti-Semitic:

Palestinians should have their own country in the Levant
Of course that's not anti-Semitic! I agree with that. I'm in favor of a two-state solution.

The problem is that the HAMAS-led Palestinians don't want ISRAELIS to have THEIR own country. THAT is what is antisemitic. (Also why they rejected the two-state solution in 1947.) They still refuse to acknowledge Israel's right to exist, and that's why the BDS followers push for a single-state solution. They know that means Israel will be just another Muslim-majority country in less than a generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 08:27 AM
 
17,533 posts, read 4,646,618 times
Reputation: 12041
Getting far off subject. It's important to focus.

American Jews will not be voting in Bulk for Trump. Period. In fact, my prediction is that he will lose Jewish % votes as opposed to gain them.

We know an authoritarian when we see one. We know a demigod when we see one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 08:56 AM
 
9,633 posts, read 17,699,474 times
Reputation: 10671
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
Giving money to a church is more in line with the Torah than supporting lgbt and abortion on demand
Are you honestly trying to claim the moral high-ground by being a homophobe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 09:02 AM
 
7,731 posts, read 1,803,718 times
Reputation: 4264
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
You should have led with the bolded.

To be clear, your entire post is based on opinion and what you claim to be conversations with your own family members and "Jewish people you spoke with."

Do you have any links to credible news outlets that show where the Democratic Party is "overflowing of "Anti-Semitism?"

By the way, it was a republican, Trump-Supporting White Nationalists in Charlottesville a few years ago that were chanting "Jews will not replace us." Got anything to say about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2019, 09:09 AM
 
462 posts, read 205,631 times
Reputation: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo1 View Post
if you support trump - then you don't want any of the things that were listed. Because he is the complete opposite of all that.

And let's correct this record - trump americans don't want that - but real americans do.
lmao @u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top