U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2019, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Camberville
12,184 posts, read 16,950,833 times
Reputation: 20108

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Just now, Trump tweeted about the Proud Boys rally in Portland - criticizing Antifa but never criticizing the Proud Boys - loud white nationalists.

Plenty of Jewish people in Israel even can't stand Netanyahu. And he and Trump are two peas in a pod.

So, no, I don't see a vast majority of Jewish folks joining the GOP - who is busy aligning themselves with white nationalists. We KNOW how white nationalists feel about Jews. Just ask them.
You don't get to cry about the Democratic party supporting antisemitism over comments of one politician who apologized (and we'll keep our eyes on) when the president is literally openly supporting white supremacists who hate Jews. Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2019, 09:58 AM
 
12,169 posts, read 5,824,502 times
Reputation: 7157
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reasonable people seem to understand the Squad is no more representative of the Democrat Party than say, Rep Steve King is of the Republican Party.
Reasonable noticed when the Democratic Party and Democratic Leadership (Hi Nancy!) refused to condemn or even censure/repudiate The Shad and their Anti-Jewish actions and comments.

Nobody can blame The Squad for their Double Down on hatred toward Israel & Jews.
Democrats have given them a pass on it. They OWN it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,364 posts, read 10,377,799 times
Reputation: 7998
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Never gonna happen.
American Jews are moving further and further away from "Israel at any price" type of thinking...because...well, because they are Americans.

The Fundamentalist Jews will likely vote Red because they are Fundies....that is, many of them don't believe in Zionism or Israel, but they see Authoritarianism as something positive.

However one want to slice it, Trumpian politics is closer to "hitler style" than it is to Jewish Liberal Values (Social Justice, Looking Ahead, Education, etc.)....

The only way regular (secular) Jews would ever turn to Republicans is if they became..."non college educated" and that is unlikely to occur anytime soon. Remember, Trump has never even appealed to 1/2 of the population...and, even then, it was often with their nose held. They didn't approve....but they thought things could not get worse.

Well, as with GWB they found out that having a helmsman is more important than they thought.
You claim to be part Jewish, but when I read some of your posts, I often wonder if you ever spend any time with Jews at all. I have a lot of liberal Jewish friends and relatives. I cant think of a single one that believes that Israel should not exist, under any circumstances. Sure, many of them want to see the Palestinians treated better than they are treated. And they all want a 2 state solution. Hell, I want a 2 state solution. But none of them want to see Israel dissolved.

I read a recent study, which I tried to google just now, but couldn’t find. It said that 3% of Jews are against Israel’s existence. Most Jews want a peaceful 2 state solution, and a small minority of Jews want a 1 state solution, with Israel being the 1 state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 10:03 AM
 
1,669 posts, read 355,586 times
Reputation: 1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Reasonable noticed when the Democratic Party and Democratic Leadership (Hi Nancy!) refused to condemn or even censure/repudiate The Shad and their Anti-Jewish actions and comments.

Nobody can blame The Squad for their Double Down on hatred toward Israel & Jews.
Democrats have given them a pass on it. They OWN it.
Instead the House approved a blanket "be nice to everyone" resolution.
And then Pelosi took to the press and said "she didn't mean it"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 10:03 AM
 
576 posts, read 205,174 times
Reputation: 567
The South was largely anti-Catholic and prohibitionist, but that didn’t stop the Solid South and Tammany Hall from both voting Democratic at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 12:26 PM
 
4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Reputation: 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You say they are “Uncle Toms”. I say they wandered off the plantation.

You really believe those I mentioned only have their beliefs because of money? Seriously? They all were espousing those beliefs BEFORE they started making money.

Is it really that hard to believe that others view the world differently than you do? I know many, many Jews, myself included, who are conservative, yet don't make a penny from our conservatism. How do you explain us all away?
Exactly! A Democrat, such as the one you responded to, who claims that Jews only support Republicans because they've been paid to do so, is a subtlety anti-Jewish attitude in and of itself. As if Jews who vote Republican only do so because they are driven by money, and NOT that they are opposed to the policies of The Democrats?

P.S. I don't get a penny for voting Republican, either, or for ascribing to their policies - although Democrats on this forum often say I'm paid (even by Israel) for my views. What an anti-Jew attitude to reveal: that I only believe the way I do because of "the Benjamin's, baby!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 12:28 PM
 
2,613 posts, read 1,160,293 times
Reputation: 1510
No. But they mostly live in the New York City area and Los Angeles, so it doesn't really matter anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 12:34 PM
 
4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Reputation: 2871
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Never gonna happen.
American Jews are moving further and further away from "Israel at any price" type of thinking...because...well, because they are Americans.

The Fundamentalist Jews will likely vote Red because they are Fundies....that is, many of them don't believe in Zionism or Israel, but they see Authoritarianism as something positive.

However one want to slice it, Trumpian politics is closer to "hitler style" than it is to Jewish Liberal Values (Social Justice, Looking Ahead, Education, etc.)....

The only way regular (secular) Jews would ever turn to Republicans is if they became..."non college educated" and that is unlikely to occur anytime soon. Remember, Trump has never even appealed to 1/2 of the population...and, even then, it was often with their nose held. They didn't approve....but they thought things could not get worse.

Well, as with GWB they found out that having a helmsman is more important than they thought.
What in the world is a "fundamental" Jew? And you refer to secular (i.e., non-practicing) Jews as "regular Jews"? Gee, thanks.....another leftist putting down Jews who observe their religion.

Do the liberal Jews posting here, do you not see the antisemitism from other liberals here? That Jews who practice their religion (I'm sort of midway, or I wouldn't be typing this today) are not regular Jews? And an earlier comment that Jews who support Republican policies do so only because they're paid?

P.S. I would have everyone here know that I am a REGULAR Jew. Especially when I eat my fiber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 12:36 PM
 
377 posts, read 137,761 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguitar77111 View Post
The South was largely anti-Catholic and prohibitionist, but that didn’t stop the Solid South and Tammany Hall from both voting Democratic at the same time.

When you basically have a two party system, it will make strange bedfellows. That's why its ridiculous to compare the Democrat or Republican dichotomy today to the situation decades ago. Yet, the same RWNJs constantly use this as a supposedly valid talking point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 12:37 PM
 
377 posts, read 137,761 times
Reputation: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
No. But they mostly live in the New York City area and Los Angeles, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Also, South Florida which does matter quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top