U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 07:43 AM

4,050 posts, read 815,700 times

Advertisements

I just had another idea: since Jews were ethnically cleansed out of Arab lands - Syria, Iraq, Jordan, etc., etc., - and their property stolen, why not relocate the Palestinians there, on the Jews' former property? True, they might not want to leave Israel, but the Jews didn't want to leave the Arab lands, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 07:52 AM

3,704 posts, read 2,251,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, I think so. I've known several people - moderate Democrats - who will not vote for the Democrat candidate (after a lifetime of voting Democrat). Liberals have really waged war on Jews who support Israel to any degree or dare criticize the statements of a Muslim, and have called them all sorts of wicked names. (Even Nazis.) One liberal even told me that my mother must regret that she didn't abort her "Hitler child" (nice, huh?) because I criticized the BDS movement. How backward is THAT?!

The most telling was the incident with Omar, in which she accused Jews of buying off Congress with their "Benjamins." Pelosi and the Ds were so afraid of offending people by issuing a resolution condemning antisemitism that they had to water it down to the point that Omar said it was a resolution condemning Islamophobia! That's how much the Democrats had to hide their condemnation of Jew-hate. And if any Jew, like yours truly, criticized Omar, she was promptly called anti-Muslim. It's gotten so bad that they practically demand you side with the Muslims against Jews, even with the Muslim puts forth anti-Semitic tropes.
Yes. This is very disturbing.
I had a political conversation with a non-Jewish/non-Muslim coworker in which I voiced that as a Jew I was offended by Omar's statements.
She was so "offended" she brought me to management and still isn't talking to me!

Old 08-27-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
I had a political conversation with a non-Jewish/non-Muslim coworker in which I voiced that as a Jew I was offended by Omar's statements.
She was so "offended" she brought me to management and still isn't talking to me!
Oh my!

Yes, that is an example of the "soft antisemitism" among leftists. Jews who criticize antisemitic comments by a Muslim are promptly put in their place. It's almost like Jews aren't permitted to be offended (or at least say so) if a Muslim is the offender.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:19 AM

3,704 posts, read 2,251,929 times
Quote:
Oh my!

Yes, that is an example of the "soft antisemitism" among leftists. Jews who criticize antisemitic comments by a Muslim are promptly put in their place. It's almost like Jews aren't permitted to be offended (or at least say so) if a Muslim is the offender.
No, we're not permitted to be offended. Especially if a black or Muslim person is the offender.
Yet everyone else is permitted to be offended by racism, all the time.
And it is expected that others will respect it.
Highly unfair, and I would suggest: anti-Semitic.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:28 AM

16,872 posts, read 4,420,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Considering how many stand-up comedians your people pump out, I find it ironic how dreadfully lacking in sense of humor most of you are in here!
Those comedians don't come from the settlements....in general...nor the Sabras.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
One should not discuss politics or religion or Trump in the workplace. No good can come of it.

In fact, one should probably not discus these things anywhere.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Another difference is Steve King is patriotic and wants to conserve American conservative culture. Omar and Tlaib hate America and want to transform it.
If incest and rape are part of Americans conservative culture, you and he can keep it.

Let's be frank. He wants Juden and Muslim Frei America...oh, and blacks and brown people also.

I wonder what his opinion is on why Asians are so much smarter then "his people"? Or why so many Brown people have jobs at Google? It would be interesting to hear him stretch.

I'm glad he is representing the GOP...makes it quite clear what they stand for. White Nationalism and going backwards in general. Taking credit for stuff you didn't do.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:35 AM

377 posts, read 137,761 times
Quote:
I just had another idea: since Jews were ethnically cleansed out of Arab lands - Syria, Iraq, Jordan, etc., etc., - and their property stolen, why not relocate the Palestinians there, on the Jews' former property? True, they might not want to leave Israel, but the Jews didn't want to leave the Arab lands, either.

And I just had an idea: why doesn't the US take in all of the Israeli settlers that are continuing to build illegal settlements on occupied Arab lands?

Old 08-27-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
And I just had an idea: why doesn't the US take in all of the Israeli settlers that are continuing to build illegal settlements on occupied Arab lands?
I hope you're not referring to the land that was formerly Jordan as "occupied." That land was won by when Jordan (and other Arab countries) tried to destroy Israel.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:11 AM

6,708 posts, read 3,703,280 times
As I said on another thread, you can talk about voting "blocs" like Blacks and Jews, but starting talking about cutting Social Security and Medicare, you will have an even bigger Senior voting block. That one crosses all racial and religious lines.

Do a search right here on DU and listen to the comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or