U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2019, 11:54 AM

17,453 posts, read 4,617,333 times

Advertisements

White Nationalists have tried to pick up the "libertarian" label just like gun nuts and others have......

I guess when we have a "libertarian" outlook, this is all OK because - like the restaurant owner that serves bad food, the market will eventually sort it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 11:57 AM

3,764 posts, read 2,291,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
One should not discuss politics or religion or Trump in the workplace. No good can come of it.

In fact, one should probably not discus these things anywhere.
My coworkers discuss politics all the time, and share their (more progressive) views all the time and it's fine for them it seems...

Old 08-27-2019, 11:58 AM

13,685 posts, read 4,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
Nah, the difference is one is a racist bigot (you) and one is just pointing it out (me). Diversity is good, because food choices are better from different cultures. No offence, but non-diversity food cooking is bland as hell. No flavor.
Your labels and insults only serve to show where you really stand.

You're wrong about food to begin with and seem to think you have to open borders to have different recipes lol.

Old 08-27-2019, 11:59 AM

3,764 posts, read 2,291,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I believe it's more leftism's anti-whitism at the root. When a white person (even Jewish) rightfully criticizes the conduct of a non-white person of royal color which includes muslims for some reason, the conditioned and officially approved response is to yell "racism!".
Yes. This.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:01 PM

13,685 posts, read 4,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
My coworkers discuss politics all the time, and share their (more progressive) views all the time and it's fine for them it seems...
The left says one thing but they mean another. What they are really saying is conservatives and religious people should not share their views.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:03 PM

67,475 posts, read 31,142,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
And I just had an idea: why doesn't the US take in all of the Israeli settlers that are continuing to build illegal settlements on occupied Arab lands?
Since Israel won the land in the Six-Day War, how are the settlements illegal? Furthermore, you do know that "Palestine" exists in theory, only, right? "Palestine" doesn't issue visas, for example. One must obtain a visa to enter Israel, Jordan or Egypt and proceed to "Palestine" from there.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
It is, we let the market decide if your restaurant sucks. However, if you actually go to your local Libertarian Party meetings, we mostly point out the racism of Trump voters and possible racism of the left. Racism has no place in the Libertarian Party since it is Non-American. Most of the real Libertarians are registered Libertarians.

For those voters who say they are Libertarian but spew racist stuff, they aren't one of us.
Well, sure, I know....but the Kochs hijacked it all long ago and even started and owned massive think tanks about it (Cato) and such......then the Ron Paul folks did the same with their "negro articles" in his pubs and their blatant racism as part the tea party, etc.

It's sad but perhaps a new name is needed.

Of course, we are all hypocrites and dollars to donuts many at your meetings are running a deep deficit with what the government gives them (in all forms) as opposed to their actual world view.

Long ago I actually signed up for the Free State project - but once I saw the racist and gun toting hijacking I declined to go further down that path. I'd rather ID with the Buddhists, Quakers and Greens if I had to pigeonhole myself.

Still, with the help of Soros the Libertarians in MA. helped legalize pot. Those types of focused actions where the needle can be moved....I'm all in.

It's really too bad that every well meaning human endeavor gets hijacked by those with the $$ or fame to do so.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Still, it's a trap. What problems are you really going to solve doing so? You can't win in these matters.

Heck, the family worth 100's of millions that owns the Villages (massive city/development) in Florida not only published Right Wing News and distributed it free but had giant GOP signs on the city property. They also make sure Fox News is on all the "public" TV's in the shopping areas.

Better to debate online and practice your politics in your life (volunteer, donations, etc.) and then in the voting booth. IMHO, anyway.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:24 PM

39,512 posts, read 15,644,156 times
Back to the thread topic of Jewish people walking away from the Democratic party.

Exactly where would they go?

Libertarian? Republican?

Old 08-27-2019, 12:34 PM

12,634 posts, read 7,205,387 times
Quote:
White people can't cook. Sorry, you guys need to add some more spices. I had enough bland food over the years. Need some salsa!
Jews can't cook, either! I can't recall a single good tasting meal made by any of my in-laws in 35 years! overcooked meat, dry meat, #1 koogle, #2 koogle, #3 koogle, a limp piece of asparagus, and entenmann's cake is not a good meal! LOL Chinese takeout was good, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or