U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-02-2019, 10:34 AM
 
3,388 posts, read 1,809,801 times
Reputation: 3654

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The difference is that most Jews don't let the bigotry stop them from finding education or work and excelling at what they do.
That is because jews are mostly white and enjoy the white privilege. Many have changed or modified their names to sound neutral. Dark skinned Jews are even discriminated against in Israel, the homeland of Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2019, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,392 posts, read 10,395,819 times
Reputation: 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
That is because jews are mostly white and enjoy the white privilege. Many have changed or modified their names to sound neutral. Dark skinned Jews are even discriminated against in Israel, the homeland of Jews.
Almost all Jews have names that you can tell are Jewish names. Many earlier immigrants changed or shortened their names, but even the shortened names still sound Jewish. I am in a very Jewish area and it is not that common for me to come across someone with a non Jewish sounding name. Maybe it is harder for non-Jews to tell, but I wouldn’t know about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2019, 10:52 AM
 
13,694 posts, read 4,154,334 times
Reputation: 4086
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
That is because jews are mostly white and enjoy the white privilege. Many have changed or modified their names to sound neutral. Dark skinned Jews are even discriminated against in Israel, the homeland of Jews.
So true. Jews including in Israel are just darn privileged white people and need to accept being disprivileged and more multicultural and diverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2019, 03:33 PM
 
Location: New York Area
16,549 posts, read 6,533,037 times
Reputation: 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Almost all Jews have names that you can tell are Jewish names. Many earlier immigrants changed or shortened their names, but even the shortened names still sound Jewish. I am in a very Jewish area and it is not that common for me to come across someone with a non Jewish sounding name. Maybe it is harder for non-Jews to tell, but I wouldn’t know about that.
My closes friend has a name as non-Jewish as "Smith." And there is a "Smith" that is a member of my synagogue and a "Baker-Butler" who is Jew and writes, as a high school junior, for the local newspaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So true. Jews including in Israel are just darn privileged white people and need to accept being disprivileged and more multicultural and diverse.
If "multicultural and diverse" means getting some favoritism, hiriing or admission preference or subsidy, no thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2019, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,392 posts, read 10,395,819 times
Reputation: 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
My closes friend has a name as non-Jewish as "Smith." And there is a "Smith" that is a member of my synagogue and a "Baker-Butler" who is Jew and writes, as a high school junior, for the local newspaper.
Then it is a great thing that I never speak in absolutes.




(Before some person with no sense of sarcasm tells me that I just did, yes, I know. It was on purpose.)

Yes, there are always exceptions. I was talking about the vast majority. I am an exception too. My last name is Irish because my great great grandfather was adopted by an Irish family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2019, 08:30 AM
 
3,388 posts, read 1,809,801 times
Reputation: 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Then it is a great thing that I never speak in absolutes.




(Before some person with no sense of sarcasm tells me that I just did, yes, I know. It was on purpose.)

Yes, there are always exceptions. I was talking about the vast majority. I am an exception too. My last name is Irish because my great great grandfather was adopted by an Irish family.

It was not sarcasm, what you are doing is stating non-facts. Many Jews in Hungary for instance erased their Jewishness and altered their names to be more "Hangarian." Sadly it did not save them.
In USA Jews are white and enjoy the same privileges, albeit with some amount of grudge from the "true' whites. Yes they are also subject to antisemitesim but they are white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2019, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Northern NJ/Amagansett, NY
11,392 posts, read 10,395,819 times
Reputation: 8013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It was not sarcasm, what you are doing is stating non-facts. Many Jews in Hungary for instance erased their Jewishness and altered their names to be more "Hangarian." Sadly it did not save them.
In USA Jews are white and enjoy the same privileges, albeit with some amount of grudge from the "true' whites. Yes they are also subject to antisemitesim but they are white.
Clearly, you are one of the poor souls I was talking about, born without a sense of sarcasm. It went right over your head. Either that, or you just don't know the meaning of the word “sarcasm”.

My sarcasm and my “alleged” stating of non-facts, were completely separate.

Not only were they not in the same sentence, but they weren’t even in the same post.

So how can one be a replacement for the other?

Funny, when I made the post, I said to myself, “Wait, on CD there will be some people who just wont get the irony of the sentence I just wrote. Maybe I should write an explanation so that doesn’t happen.” I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that even WITH the explanation a certain percentage of the CD population will still not get it.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 09-03-2019 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2019, 10:46 AM
 
Location: New York Area
16,549 posts, read 6,533,037 times
Reputation: 12738
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It was not sarcasm, what you are doing is stating non-facts. Many Jews in Hungary for instance erased their Jewishness and altered their names to be more "Hangarian." Sadly it did not save them.
In USA Jews are white and enjoy the same privileges, albeit with some amount of grudge from the "true' whites. Yes they are also subject to antisemitesim but they are white.
Perhaps this alleged "white" privilege is a "work" privilege. And while we're at it why does the Mayor of NYC want to punish high-achieving Asians by cutting their entry into select schools? For the benefit of families that inculcate no work or learning ethic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2019, 01:15 PM
 
4,067 posts, read 824,472 times
Reputation: 2912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Perhaps this alleged "white" privilege is a "work" privilege. And while we're at it why does the Mayor of NYC want to punish high-achieving Asians by cutting their entry into select schools? For the benefit of families that inculcate no work or learning ethic?
It's nothing new. They shut the smart, hard-working, high-achieving Jews out of the Ivy League in the 30s and 40s because there were too many of "them." FDR was on the Board of Directors at Harvard and instituted/approved the Jew quotas.

P.S. FDR was a Democrat. Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2019, 02:58 PM
 
3,388 posts, read 1,809,801 times
Reputation: 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Perhaps this alleged "white" privilege is a "work" privilege. And while we're at it why does the Mayor of NYC want to punish high-achieving Asians by cutting their entry into select schools? For the benefit of families that inculcate no work or learning ethic?
What if ever does this have to do with this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top