U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2019, 01:48 PM

19,327 posts, read 7,607,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Except the Republican Party didn't cave to Steve King. The Democrats ARE caving to the anti-Semitic Squad. Even Pelosi, a seasoned politician, was afraid to criticize Omar for her remarks about Jewish money buying power.
correct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 01:56 PM

4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I must be a REGULAR Jew, too, coz I had a big bowl of whole wheat Cheerios for breakfast this morning!

Note to all: Please don't define us as "Regular Jews" vs "Fundamental Jews." Despite differences in politics, we are all Jews. Those whom you may call "fundamental Jews" are actually as "regular" a Jew as any other Jew. The only significant difference (to us Jews) is that some Jews are more Torah-observant than others.

Clearly, both Rachel976 and I are not entirely Torah-observant Jews, as here we are, both posting online on the Sabbath. Yet we appear to have some differences in our politics. Our political differences don't matter to me, as Rachel976 is still my Sister Jew.
Yes, Rachel. I know you to be kind, empathetic, and intelligent, and you and I could probably have some respectful discussions/debates about politics.I could explain why you're wrong, ha-ha!

We are definitely still sister Jews.

Old 08-17-2019, 01:58 PM

7,203 posts, read 10,033,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
The Democratic Party has a history from the Civil War era of extreme, almost Balkanistic identity politics. The problem with identity politics is that in order to win a community's votes, you must have groups who supposedly need protection. In order to have groups who need protection, you must have danger, and in order to have danger, you must have villains.

Today the villains for the Democrats are Whites, Christians and males, for many years it was Blacks, and further back it was Yankee invaders and Abraham Lincoln.

But the problem for the Democrats as it relates to Jews is that as the Arab and Muslim population grows, there will be a rise in anti-Semitism in the Democratic Party. The Democrats try to have a big tent but eventually there will have to be a decision, which group, Jews or Muslims is more valuable for future of the party. We are already beginning to see that happening today.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:01 PM

13,702 posts, read 4,128,116 times
You can be against open borders and diversity and not against anyone. And criticizing people for example Jewish for being for open borders for America is being anti-open borders not anti-Jewish.

But labeling white people xenophobic, supremacist, racist, Nazi and Klan for being against open borders is being anti-white per se.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:01 PM

4,050 posts, read 815,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
The Democratic Party has a history from the Civil War era of extreme, almost Balkanistic identity politics. The problem with identity politics is that in order to win a community's votes, you must have groups who supposedly need protection. In order to have groups who need protection, you must have danger, and in order to have danger, you must have villains.

Today the villains for the Democrats are Whites, Christians and males, for many years it was Blacks, and further back it was Yankee invaders and Abraham Lincoln.

But the problem for the Democrats as it relates to Jews is that as the Arab and Muslim population grows, there will be a rise in anti-Semitism in the Democratic Party. The Democrats try to have a big tent but eventually there will have to be a decision, which group, Jews or Muslims is more valuable for future of the party. We already beginning to see that happening today.
It looks like they decided already.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:18 PM

11,364 posts, read 10,377,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You can be against open borders and diversity and not against anyone. And criticizing people for example Jewish for being for open borders for America is being anti-open borders not anti-Jewish.

But labeling white people xenophobic, supremacist, racist, Nazi and Klan for being against open borders is being anti-white per se.
Again, I am Jewish. Have I ever written anything that would lead you to believe I am for open borders?

I am for a wall, drones, everify, and deportations. I think it should be illegal to rent an apartment to anyone who cant prove they are a legal resident. And prison for employers that hire illegals.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:37 PM

7,203 posts, read 10,033,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It looks like they decided already.
Not yet.

Despite the rhetoric most Democrats are going to try to maintain the big tent, for now anyway.
The problem for the Democrats is that some SJWs on the far left keeps pushing this identity agenda to the extreme. Throughout history Jews have been a easy scapegoat, it would not surprise me if SJWs drive the party, or more likely large parts of it, increasingly anti-semitic. Or at the very least turn on Israel.

Off topic a bit. From a historical point of view, what the SJWs are doing to the Democratic Party reminds me of the extremism that overtook the French Revolution when the once allied Revolutionaries began to murder each other (by the guillotine no less!) for not being revolutionary enough. Even the Marquis de Lafayette, young French hero of the American Revolution, almost lost his head.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:40 PM

576 posts, read 205,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
When you basically have a two party system, it will make strange bedfellows. That's why its ridiculous to compare the Democrat or Republican dichotomy today to the situation decades ago. Yet, the same RWNJs constantly use this as a supposedly valid talking point.
My point is that people who hate each other can be in the same party. Just as Tammany Hall and the Jim Crow South stayed Democratic for a long time, die-hard-Israel-supporting-Jews and “the Squad” will stay Democratic for a long time.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:08 PM

2,724 posts, read 913,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
American Jews lean Democratic more than 3:1. Trump's approval among Jews is only 31%, lower than his overall approval rating. If Jews are going to make a move toward the GOP, it certainly won't be led by Trump.
https://news.gallup.com/topic/catego..._politics.aspx

Face it, the only demographic that the Republican party leads in is older white males. That was enough to give Trump the win due to vagaries in the Electoral College system. But it is only a matter of time before the older white males also come around to reject the party of bigotry.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:13 PM

4,102 posts, read 728,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reasonable people seem to understand the Squad is no more representative of the Democrat Party than say, Rep Steve King is of the Republican Party.
Republicans tried to censure King (AFAIK this was blocked by house dems) but he did get a 'disapproval resolution' which passed overwhelmingly. He has a primary challenger and is likely on his way out in 2020.

By contrast Democrats have done nothing to inhibit AOC and the squad. When Omar made her anti-Semitic remarks, talk of censure quickly evaporated.

So this is an apples/oranges comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or