Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2019, 03:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times

Advertisements

Nearly all elected members in Congress that are Jewish are also Democratic. Only two out of 36 are Republican. There are no Republican Senators that are Jewish. Only two in the House.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...116th-congress

Only two? Why don't Republican voters vote for Jewish Congress members? For the all the GOP grandstanding, it's almost as if their support is fake.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Not when the Republican President supports groups like the Proud Boys.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:30 PM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Go ask Jewish Bernie Sanders.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Nearly all elected members in Congress that are Jewish are also Democratic. Only two out of 36 are Republican. There are no Republican Senators that are Jewish. Only two in the House.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...116th-congress

Only two? Why don't Republican voters vote for Jewish Congress members? For the all the GOP grandstanding, it's almost as if their support is fake.
Uh why don't more Jews run as a Republican or heck Democrat for that matter for Congress with a record or platform of being against open borders and I'll vote for them.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Again, I am Jewish. Have I ever written anything that would lead you to believe I am for open borders?

I am for a wall, drones, everify, and deportations. I think it should be illegal to rent an apartment to anyone who cant prove they are a legal resident. And prison for employers that hire illegals.
No you haven't but you seem to be an exceptional case. I'm sure there is some small percentage of exceptions but that's not the majority.

If I were to critique, I get the sense you are indifferent to slightly pro immigration and diversity though, and given the choice would support immigration rather than putting a moratorium on it.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:44 PM

732 posts, read 390,708 times
Quote:
Again, I am Jewish. Have I ever written anything that would lead you to believe I am for open borders?

I am for a wall, drones, everify, and deportations. I think it should be illegal to rent an apartment to anyone who cant prove they are a legal resident. And prison for employers that hire illegals.
Excellent.

Perhaps you can give some insight into Jewish belief systems on immigration (which seems overwhelmingly pro-mass immigration). The most peculiar variant is in Europe where the result tends to be to create a system that is variegating between Far-Right (who are not particularly pro-Jewish) and Muslim (who are not particularly pro-Jewish). What in the heck is going on and what benefit do European Jews receive from the whole hullaballoo?

Old 08-17-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
American Jews lean Democratic more than 3:1. Trump's approval among Jews is only 31%, lower than his overall approval rating. If Jews are going to make a move toward the GOP, it certainly won't be led by Trump.
https://news.gallup.com/topic/catego..._politics.aspx

Face it, the only demographic that the Republican party leads in is older white males. That was enough to give Trump the win due to vagaries in the Electoral College system. But it is only a matter of time before the older white males also come around to reject the party of bigotry.
And why would so many Jews be against such a pro-Jewish and pro-Israel President? Because he's skeptical of open borders and diversity max.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:16 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No you haven't but you seem to be an exceptional case. I'm sure there is some small percentage of exceptions but that's not the majority.

If I were to critique, I get the sense you are indifferent to slightly pro immigration and diversity though, and given the choice would support immigration rather than putting a moratorium on it.
Actually, I think a moratorium would solve a lot of problems. I would like to see a fraction of the immigration we have now. There are people in other parts of the world that would be of benefit to us. The only problem is that along with them, comes many more people who dont benefit us, and are even a detriment. So If there was a moratorium, that problem would be solved, so I wouldn’t be against it.

Does that sufficiently explain where i stand?

Old 08-17-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Actually, I think a moratorium would solve a lot of problems. I would like to see a fraction of the immigration we have now. There are people in other parts of the world that would be of benefit to us. The only problem is that along with them, comes many more people who dont benefit us, and are even a detriment. So If there was a moratorium, that problem would be solved, so I wouldn’t be against it.

Does that sufficiently explain where i stand?
Yes, but like I said my criticism isn't against an individual or an identity but an idea or policy a majority of any group supports.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:25 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Excellent.

Perhaps you can give some insight into Jewish belief systems on immigration (which seems overwhelmingly pro-mass immigration). The most peculiar variant is in Europe where the result tends to be to create a system that is variegating between Far-Right (who are not particularly pro-Jewish) and Muslim (who are not particularly pro-Jewish). What in the heck is going on and what benefit do European Jews receive from the whole hullaballoo?
I dont think that most European Jews are particularly happy about immigration into their countries. I think that is strictly an American phenomenon. In Europe, they have mostly been importing people who hate Jews.

Do you have any data that suggests that they are FOR more immigration into their countries, because I have a feeling that is incorrect.

As to American Jewish liberals, I think they just always take the side of the poor. Plus, after being basically the only sizable minority for a thousand years in Europe, many of them probably take comfort in being one of many minorities.

My family came here from Austrian Empire in the 1840s. I spent my life in an area where there was nothing abnormal about being Jewish, but I grew up feeling like nothing other than an American, so I guess I don't have the same insecurities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies