Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 08:14 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,544,323 times

Advertisements

Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,459,926 times
Reasonable people seem to understand the Squad is no more representative of the Democrat Party than say, Rep Steve King is of the Republican Party.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:31 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,439,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
Yes, I think so. I've known several people - moderate Democrats - who will not vote for the Democrat candidate (after a lifetime of voting Democrat). Liberals have really waged war on Jews who support Israel to any degree or dare criticize the statements of a Muslim, and have called them all sorts of wicked names. (Even Nazis.) One liberal even told me that my mother must regret that she didn't abort her "Hitler child" (nice, huh?) because I criticized the BDS movement. How backward is THAT?!

The most telling was the incident with Omar, in which she accused Jews of buying off Congress with their "Benjamins." Pelosi and the Ds were so afraid of offending people by issuing a resolution condemning antisemitism that they had to water it down to the point that Omar said it was a resolution condemning Islamophobia! That's how much the Democrats had to hide their condemnation of Jew-hate. And if any Jew, like yours truly, criticized Omar, she was promptly called anti-Muslim. It's gotten so bad that they practically demand you side with the Muslims against Jews, even with the Muslim puts forth anti-Semitic tropes.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Reasonable people seem to understand the Squad is no more representative of the Democrat Party than say, Rep Steve King is of the Republican Party.
Except the Republican Party didn't cave to Steve King. The Democrats ARE caving to the anti-Semitic Squad. Even Pelosi, a seasoned politician, was afraid to criticize Omar for her remarks about Jewish money buying power.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 AM

34,118 posts, read 18,364,781 times
I think most American Jews are much more Secular Progressives than Jews, so I am not so optimistic about them leaving the Democrat Party. It is so ingrained, and they've been so indoctrinated to trust Big Government and SOCIAL ENGINEERING. Much of it is guilt driven.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:38 AM

8,395 posts, read 4,440,430 times
The Republican party loves Jews - as long as they stay in Israel.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think most American Jews are much more Secular Progressives than Jews, so I am not so optimistic about them leaving the Democrat Party. It is so ingrained, and they've been so indoctrinated to trust Big Government and SOCIAL ENGINEERING. Much of it is guilt driven.
That's true what you say in that the most secular Jews are the progressives, and their liberalism trumps their Judaism.

But there's another decent sized population of Conservative Jews who traditionally voted Democrat (I did, back when they were normal) who have told me they cannot vote for the Party given how they are so tolerant of antisemitism. The most recent example was a local special election (county-wide), and the Democrat was a Muslim, whose campaign photo showed his wife standing next to him in traditional Muslim gear, and who had tweeted a few years prior that "people who donate to Israel are as bad as people who donate to the KKK." I had two Jewish women tell me they've never voted for an R in their life, but they did this time.

Now, did he win? Yes....but.....BY A SLIVER. This was in a decidedly liberal county where the Democrat always got 70% or more of the vote. But with this one, it was something like 50.5% for the Israel-hater and 49.5% for the Republican. (I should mention that the county is 10% Muslim, which put him over the top.)

Old 08-17-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The Republican party loves Jews - as long as they stay in Israel.
And the Democrat party loves Jews as long as they express their hatred for Israel and side with Muslims who say anti-Semitic things.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:45 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,435,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
They are the face of the democrats whether you choose to believe it or not. And the party has antisemitism all over it's face.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
They are the face of the democrats whether you choose to believe it or not. And the party has antisemitism all over it's face.
Not only that, but they deny it. And why? Because they are pegging their hopes on winning the election by portraying "the other side" as bigoted and racist. How can they do that when they themselves are plagued by antisemitism in their own ranks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies