Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 11:23 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,827,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Do you even hear yourself? You - a Jew - attacked me - another Jew - for pointing out Omar's antisemitism, calling me a right-wing propagandist! And that apology, or whatever it was, from Pelosi was weak indeed: saying that Omar didn't intend her remarks to come across as antisemitic. And then Pelosi, like you, went on the warpath against those criticizing Omar.
First of all, I've never stated my religion in this forum so perhaps you have me mixed up with someone else.

Look, I criticize Omar, but she is not representative of the Democrat party like you try to make her out to be. There's a big difference between what you call a weak response to a person who seems to have made an antisemitic slur and actually supporting the slur which is what you originally claimed.

Quote:
Stop attacking Jews for pointing out the antisemitism in the Democratic Party, please. It's especially bad when it comes from a fellow Jew. Omar (and Tlaib) partnered up with a horrifically antisemitic group to sponsor her trip to "Palestine." You are basically attempting to silence - and deligitimize - Jews who dare complain about antisemitic Democrat Congresspeople by calling them right-wing propagandists.
I'm certainly not attacking people for pointing out the antisemitism of two Democrat reps because I agree they are! My criticism of you is for extending your criticism to every member of the Democrat party and especially it's leadership. That is a foul and disgusting spin and I'm damn sick of it. You've got a ton of antisemites, not to mention racists and pedophiles in your camp, so perhaps you should deal with them before you talk.

And, consider this. "American Jews tend to favor Democrat candidates, with 71% of Jewish voters choosing Democrat candidates and only 25% choosing Republicans since 1968". Source: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...tial-elections

So when you attack Democrats as a whole as you do, you're attacking 71% of Jews in America. If anyone else demeaned most Jews, you'd call them an antisemite. So maybe you ought to listen to yourself and tone down the rhetoric.

Quote:
And to the OP who asked the question: you can see that there are going to be many liberal Jews who will not only stick with th Democratic Party in the face of rising antisemitism, but who will try to deligitimize Jews who point it. Still, the more moderate Democrats will leave the Party, and I've already seen it via a special election in an adjacent county. LIfelong Democrats voted for the Republican. And one of them passed out flyers on his behalf.
Yeah, well don't hold your breath. Real Jews value Tsedaka and the concept of caring for those in need, which is the antithesis of the Republican party, the party of hypocrites. Most of you probably look at all those central Americans locked in those detention centers and secretly wish for the poison gas to start flowing. It will be a dark day in hell when most Jews become Republicans.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:33 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
A Democrat Congressmember is not representative of the democrat party but some random person off the street is representative of the Republican party and Trump lol.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:33 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
First of all, I've never stated my religion in this forum so perhaps you have me mixed up with someone else.

Look, I criticize Omar, but she is not representative of the Democrat party like you try to make her out to be. There's a big difference between what you call a weak response to a person who seems to have made an antisemitic slur and actually supporting the slur which is what you originally claimed.

I'm certainly not attacking people for pointing out the antisemitism of two Democrat reps because I agree they are! My criticism of you is for extending your criticism to every member of the Democrat party and especially it's leadership. That is a foul and disgusting spin and I'm damn sick of it. You've got a ton of antisemites, not to mention racists and pedophiles in your camp, so perhaps you should deal with them before you talk.

And, consider this. "American Jews tend to favor Democrat candidates, with 71% of Jewish voters choosing Democrat candidates and only 25% choosing Republicans since 1968". Source: https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...tial-elections

So when you attack Democrats as a whole as you do, you're attacking 71% of Jews in America. If anyone else demeaned most Jews, you'd call them an antisemite. So maybe you ought to listen to yourself and tone down the rhetoric.

Yeah, well don't hold your breath. Real Jews value Tsedaka and the concept of caring for those in need, which is the antithesis of the Republican party, the party of hypocrites. You look at all those central Americans locked in those detention centers and you secretly wish for the poison gas to start flowing. It will be a dark day in hell when most Jews become Republicans.
More crazy talk from people on the left. Why? You don't truly believe that.

We, not so secretly, wish for them to be reunited with their children, on the bus back to wherever they came from. Which to some people on the left, is somehow equivalent to gassing them.

Only an insane, sociopath would wish for them to be gassed, and you want to seriously claim that most, or even some, republicans want that?

Can we please tone down the rhetoric?

Old 08-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah, well don't hold your breath. Real Jews value Tsedaka and the concept of caring for those in need, which is the antithesis of the Republican party, the party of hypocrites. Most of you probably look at all those central Americans locked in those detention centers and secretly wish for the poison gas to start flowing. It will be a dark day in hell when most Jews become Republicans.
So take your money to latin America or wherever and help the needy. Take immigrants and open borders to Israel . Don't impose the "needy" and foreign upon someone else. We have our own needy.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:38 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I never said you cant think for yourselves. I am saying that you let your political bias influence your perceptions. You guys hate Trump. And he is guilty of a lot of the criticism. He is a boorish oaf. He is vulgar. He tweets some crazy things. He gives people a lot of reasons not to like him. Especially people who vote for the other party.

So when they tell them he is a white supremacist, they are more likely to believe what they want to believe.
That is exactly correct. Intellectual honesty is getting rarer and rarer these day, on both sides of the spectrum. I have a co-worker that is an educated man but he's got TDS so bad that he literally can't see or use rational logic when it comes to ways to rip and tear down Trump.

I'm not a fan of Trump's either but it doesn't stop me for using that thing on the top of my neck for something other than just hats.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:50 AM

Before there was Trump there was TDS. It was just directed at the American people. Trump just reminds them of who and what all they hate.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:53 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
There is something seriously wrong with people who think like this.

I know a lot of Republicans - NONE of them feel this way. Jesus H. Christ, what's wrong with you?

Old 08-19-2019, 11:56 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:

Sorry if I misidentified you as being Jewish (although there's nothing wrong with that).

And again, you are accusing me of the very thing that you are doing - but even worse! Talk about party of hypocrites! You lambast me for extending the antisemitism of these two Congresswomen to all Democrats, and then you make the most heinous accusations about all Republicans as if we're all so reprehensible (" it will be a cold day in hell before most Jews vote Republican). Even more disgusting - yes, disgusting - is your accusation that Republicans want to gas the Central Americans, pulling out the old Hitler card.

I can see clearly that your hate for Republicans will not allow you to ever consider voting for one (although it would be interesting if you had a choice between an Omar person and a moderate R), but bear in mind that "most Jews" do not have to wake up to the antisemitism being defended by Democratic House leadership. (She absolutely DID say that Omar was not an antisemite.) All it will take it a modest shift in key districts, such as South Florida, to swing the election to Trump.

Finally, your comment that "real Jews value Tzedakah"? Are you claiming that because I am a Republican I do not value charity, and thus am not a "real Jew?' How DARE you say I'm not a real Jew because I refuse to submit to liberal demands. Such sanctimony among progressives! Republicans give MORE to charity than Democrats.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:12 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup, about twice as many secular Jews as Conservative Jews. But the Conservative Jews are the ones who are splitting off to vote R next time. And it could make a difference in the swing states.

It seems the Democrats are busily pandering for the black vote while throwing the Jewish vote under the bus.

Also,

It seems the Democrats are busily pandering for the Hispanic vote while throwing the Jewish and black vote under the bus.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:23 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Also,

It seems the Democrats are busily pandering for the Hispanic vote while throwing the Jewish and black vote under the bus.
I'm not sure they're throwing the black vote under the bus. Some of them ARE talking about giving reparations (which is an obvious pander) as well as giving down-payments to buyers in (former) redlined districts to "even the gap between black and white".

But they are clearly throwing the Jewish vote under the bus in order not to offend Muslims. There was absolutely no legitimate reason for Pelosi not to issue a sharp condemnation of antisemitism via a resolution, and she watered it down so as not to offend Muslim supporters. They made a political calculation that it would be "risky" to stand up for Jews, and thus came up with some meaningless "all bigotry is bad," listing antisemitism pretty far down the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies