Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2019, 02:30 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
The issue is not Sharpton, it's the dnc fawning over him.

Al Sharpton hasn't been relevant in years. Pick a different boogeyman.

Old 08-26-2019, 04:17 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If you've never heard/seen Trump's antisemitic statements, it's because you are choosing to be willfully blind to them. Several examples have been posted in this very thread.
This is me, every time I hear a con say, "name me one lie Trump has ever told."

Old 08-26-2019, 08:01 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
As for Trump's words, he certainly did invoke the trope that Jews are more loyal to Israel than to America. You may choose to be willfully ignorant of that but others don't choose to be.
For the third time, that was not what trump said. See post #557. You really ought to apologize for using the dishonest tactic of shoving words into someone's mouth. This is not only dishonest, it tends to infuriate the very people you are trying to persuade.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Al Sharpton hasn't been relevant in years. Pick a different boogeyman.
HUH? Did you miss the big meeting in NY where 12 Democratic Presidential candidates flocked to and fawned over Sharpton???
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-run/...dress-race-gap

Including 3 of the 4 current front runners?

Quote:
On Wednesday, former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke, entrepreneur Andrew Yang and former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julian Castro address the network's national convention in New York City. On Thursday, it's former Maryland Rep. John Delaney and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg's turn. And on Friday, it's the fleet of six senators: Kamala Harris of California, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota and Cory Booker of New Jersey are all scheduled for speeches. Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper is also on Friday's itinerary.
Three 2020 candidates not on the agenda: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, author Marianne Williamson and Washington Gov. Jay Inslee.
Not relevant? Huh?

Old 08-26-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
Even so, I noticed recently that the local Rush Limbaugh station (KTTH AM 770) has starting at 12 noon Michael Medved, Jason Rantz (local host), Ben Shapiro, and finally Mark Levin from 9-midnight. All are Jewish. As someone posted earlier, there is a shift underway, but these things happen over decades, not overnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri
I don't think you understand the situation.

Most "conservative" Jew talk show hosts are simply entertainers...doing it for the money. This is the era where you can fake that you are one thing or another and make millions doing it.

The people you mention have zero to do with being Jewish and everything to do with being actors.

No shift is underway....
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
What would be your evidence, that (say) Michael Medved does not believe what he says and writes? You're basically accusing him of being a lying sack of stuff. What's your evidence of that?
So zero evidence. I figured as much.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:27 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
HUH? Did you miss the big meeting in NY where 12 Democratic Presidential candidates flocked to and fawned over Sharpton???
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-run/...dress-race-gap

Including 3 of the 4 current front runners?

Not relevant? Huh?
OMG. I didn't hear about this. These Democratic candidates should have nothing to do with that anti-Semite, given his past anti-Jew remarks. Unbelievable. What's even more unbelievable is that if a Jew, say for example, me, were to criticize that, liberals would crawl out of the woodwork to condemn the Jew for "playing the victim."

On a related note, though, I heard that one of the candidates said he wouldn't rule out meeting with Farrakhan. (I believe it was Corey Booker.) And that's after he called Jews "termites."

Horrifying what is happening in the Democratic Party.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:39 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OMG. I didn't hear about this. These Democratic candidates should have nothing to do with that anti-Semite, given his past anti-Jew remarks. Unbelievable. What's even more unbelievable is that if a Jew, say for example, me, were to criticize that, liberals would crawl out of the woodwork to condemn the Jew for "playing the victim."

On a related note, though, I heard that one of the candidates said he wouldn't rule out meeting with Farrakhan. (I believe it was Corey Booker.) And that's after he called Jews "termites."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
What's horrifying is people in the Republican Party like you who think we can do these things and you have "brought" the Jewish vote.

Why Republicans are giving the red carpet to my faith? I thought you guys hate affirmative action.
Huh? What does affirmative action have to do with antisemitism? Think before you type. And what do you mean by "brought the Jewish vote"?

Old 08-26-2019, 08:39 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Will Jewish people walk away from their support for Democratic Party?
Because Trump is trying to shame them into supporting GOP? I am afraid his taunts will have the opposite effect.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

I agree, it needs to be taken much more seriously. It's a big reason why I'm no longer a Democratic party member. Sharpton once said: "If Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over...." and it's like oh well, whatever.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:05 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-M-O View Post
Before I answer the question, when you mean Anti-Semitism, do you mean Anti-Jews and Anti-Arabs? Anti-Semitism does include both groups.
Since 99.9% of the people who use the term, say it to mean Anti-Jew, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say, that is what she probably meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.