Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 09:01 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,584,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
According to historian Paul Johnson, FDR frequently used anti-Semitic language in his private conversations. I'll have to dig up the quote. He also had strong alliances with the southern segregationists of the time, who were usually also anti-Semitic.

I'd agree that FDR generally had a mixed record on these kinds of things. He's now 75 years in the rear-view mirror, so that has to be kept in mind too.
Humans are humans.

At the same time, FDR integrated the military further than before...insisted that black folks get equal pay and jobs in Defense plants, LIBERATED most of Europe from the Nazis and won the war(s).

That's not much of a mixed record.

Oh, the New Deal included vast amounts of money for Jewish enterprises such as the Arts in NYC (Playhouses, etc. etc.)...of course, it also helped Americans of all persuasions.

We Americans like to tear down people....but who among us could have done as good of a job as FDR? None. We were very lucky he gave his health and life to US. Unlike current Orange, the idea was not self enrichment or such.......

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. No one measures up to a good actor.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:11 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,988,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
travis t
Source for your 90% figure? See Death of a Nation by Dinesh D'Souza. He has a chapter on Spencer and other white nationalists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And 90% Republicans read that guy too.......no normal person would ever buy that BS.
So no source? Just a deflection onto a new topic, with a new unsupportable claim? Why am I not surprised.

I read D'Souza's book, and I'm not a republican. I don't agree with everything, but it can't be denied that his stuff is meticulously researched. What specifically from the book do you find to be 'BS,' and why?

Old 09-03-2019, 09:17 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,988,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Humans are humans.
Agreed, which is why I pointed out that FDR died almost 75 years ago.

Quote:
Oh, the New Deal included vast amounts of money for Jewish enterprises such as the Arts in NYC (Playhouses, etc. etc.)...of course, it also helped Americans of all persuasions.
The New Deal also was drafted to specifically exclude blacks in many cases. FDR did this in order to get the support of Southern Democrats in New Deal legislation. It worked, and he did get their support.
https://atlantablackstar.com/2015/02...blacks-people/

Quote:
We Americans like to tear down people....but who among us could have done as good of a job as FDR? None. We were very lucky he gave his health and life to US. Unlike current Orange, the idea was not self enrichment or such.......

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. No one measures up to a good actor.
Hilarious that you complain that 'We Americans like to tear down people' and in the very next breath tear down the current POTUS. Can't make this stuff up....

Old 09-03-2019, 09:31 PM

9,113 posts, read 13,134,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Roosevelt has almost as much Jewish blood on his hands as Adolph Hitler or Joseph Stalin. He enabled both. Morgenthau, for his part, was had altitude sickness from being so close to power. A lot like Icarus' journey to the sun.
He enabled them? NO, he did not.

Jbgusa, I usually agree with you but neither Stalin or Hitler coming to power had anything to do with Roosevelt. Stalin for instance, had already murdered his way to the top in the 1920s, while Roosevelt was still Governor of New York.

You can make an Monday morning quarterback argument that Roosevelt could have taken the USA into WW2 earlier or stood up to Stalin as the Soviets overran Eastern Europe. But the reality is that both would have been very difficult historically.

Here in the USA, we tend to be incredibly self-centered, possibly because we were isolationist for so long of our history. We tend to think that everything revolves around the USA or what the President says. But the reality is that other nations, especially the greater powers, are making their own decisions everyday.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:32 PM

19,394 posts, read 6,444,659 times
Ya know....that 90% of voters GOP remark of Craiggirl's went by me.

By the same token, I'd bet that of the 10,000 bigots who went to hear Farrakhan say "Jews are termites," 90% voted for the Democrat.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,689,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think most American Jews are much more Secular Progressives than Jews, so I am not so optimistic about them leaving the Democrat Party. It is so ingrained, and they've been so indoctrinated to trust Big Government and SOCIAL ENGINEERING. Much of it is guilt driven.
It's the Democratic party. You must be a Repugican?

Old 09-17-2019, 05:09 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,689,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
And who were the people marching in Virginia "Jews won't replace us"?
Yeah, good question. Jews are no different than any other group - the are diverse and of different opinions. There is no one block Jewish vote anymore than there is a block Christian vote. To think in such terms is ludicrous. I wonder if the Israelis will see fit to throw Bibi out today before he gets them all in some WW3 situation like the evangelicals are hoping for?

Old 09-17-2019, 05:16 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,284,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Yeah, good question. Jews are no different than any other group - the are diverse and of different opinions. There is no one block Jewish vote anymore than there is a block Christian vote. To think in such terms is ludicrous. I wonder if the Israelis will see fit to throw Bibi out today before he gets them all in some WW3 situation like the evangelicals are hoping for?
Well, Bibi is fighting to stay out of a possible prison term. We'll see how it goes. Will likely be very close.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:31 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,972,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It's the Democratic party. You must be a Repugican?

...not it's not..it's the 'Democrat Party"....

Old 11-12-2019, 05:22 PM

827 posts, read 649,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
When the alternative is Trump and his white supremacist supporters, no.
President Trump 2020 keep America grate. Don Jr. 2024 Make liberals cry again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies