Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 10:26 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
White nationalists sure love him though....hmm, I wonder why.

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2019

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history
White nationalists are anti-corporations and love SJW eco-warriors. Didn't you read the El Paso shooter's manifesto?

Old 08-19-2019, 10:37 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Maybe he should stop sending mixed signals to the public which keeps giving white nationalists in this country so much hope and optimism for their movement. If he strongly came out against them not only in his teleprompter speeches but also on his twitter and his personal thoughts, he wouldn't be dealing with this image problem among the general public.
Did you ever think that he is not sending mixed signals, but the media is interpreting his words that way in order to create news?

The way I see it, is he is a careless person, and he is careless in what he says. So he leaves a lot of openings for people to turn his words into whatever they like. Of course his political opponents are going to alter the meaning behind his words. And most of the press is all to happy to oblige. They are the ones emboldening the white supremacists by giving them the leader they want. Even if it is not real.

The most famous example is probably the “very fine people” quote. Look up what he really said, in full context. And what he said after the fact. It is clear. When he was talking about the “very bad people” he was talking about the white supremacists. When he was talking about the “very fine people” he was talking about the people just there to peacefully protest the removal of the statues.

Any honest person who reads his words in their entirety, both during, and his comments after the fact, knows he was not calling the Nazi’s “very fine people”. But people on the left, just keep repeating it over and over again, with no regard for the truth.

So who’s fault is it that the idiot, white supremacists think he was calling them “very fine people”? Even after he condemned them in the following interview?

They want to believe they have a friendly leader, and the left is happy to give him to them.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 08-19-2019 at 10:47 AM..

Old 08-19-2019, 10:41 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Did you ever think that he is not sending mixed signals, but the media is interpreting his words that way in order to creat news?

The way I see it, is he is a careless person, and he is careless in what he says. So he leaves a lot of openings for people to turn his words into whatever they like. Of course his political opponents are going to alter the meaning behind his words. And most of the press is all to happy to oblige. They are the ones emboldening the white supremacists by giving them the leader they want. Even if it is not real.

The most famous example is probably the “very fine people” quote. Look up what he really said, in full context. And what he said after the fact. It is clear. When he was talking about the “very bad people” he was talking about the white supremacists. When he was talking about the “very fine people” he was talking about the people just there to peacefully protest the removal of the statues.

Any honest person who reads his words in their entirety, both during and his comments after the fact, knows he was not calling the Nazi’s “very fine people”. But people on the left, just keep repeating it over and over again, with no regard for the truth.

So who’s fault is it that the idiot, white supremacists think he was calling them “very fine people”? Even after he condemned them in the following interview?

They want to believe they have a friendly leader, and the left is happy to give him to them.
You do know that those protests were organized by white nationalists right? Sure, I'll give Trump the benefit of the doubt that he's just an idiot....but he's still the President, and he needs to be held accountable for his actions - no excuses!

And yes, he tried to clarify himself, but then after that he again confused people by sending mixed signals. This has happened OVER and OVER again. I don't blame the press....I blame the President. Why? Because it's on video, audio and on his social media, lol.

Stop acting like we can't think for ourselves...when right-wingers are so heavily dependent on talk radio and Fox News for opinion and commentary.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:45 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Did you ever think that he is not sending mixed signals, but the media is interpreting his words that way in order to creat news?

Any honest person who reads his words in their entirety, both during, and his comments after the fact, knows he was not calling the Nazi’s “very fine people”. But people on the left, just keep repeating it over and over again, with no regard for the truth.

Absolutely, and any honest person with a brain knows he was saying there were good and bad people and blame on both sides. That's the truth and every honest, thinking person knows it.

I personally think there were more bad people and ignorant people and blame on the people there from the left.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
You do know that those protests were organized by white nationalists right? Sure, I'll give Trump the benefit of the doubt that he's just an idiot....but he's still the President, and he needs to be held accountable for his actions - no excuses!
I don't know that. There's people who say it was a set up of the "white nationalists" and a smear job of anyone opposed to statue removals and even anyone conservative.

Trump needs to be accountable for what actions? Even White nationalist are entitled to their viewpoints. It has nothing to do with Trump. That is just a transparent contrivance. "X" is the worst thing to be, Trump is "X".

Old 08-19-2019, 10:54 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:

And yes, he tried to clarify himself, but then after that he again confused people by sending mixed signals. This has happened OVER and OVER again. I don't blame the press....I blame the President. Why? Because it's on video, audio and on his social media, lol.

Stop acting like we can't think for ourselves...when right-wingers are so heavily dependent on talk radio and Fox News for opinion and commentary.
I never said you cant think for yourselves. I am saying that you let your political bias influence your perceptions. You guys hate Trump. And he is guilty of a lot of the criticism. He is a boorish oaf. He is vulgar. He tweets some crazy things. He gives people a lot of reasons not to like him. Especially people who vote for the other party.

So when they tell them he is a white supremacist, they are more likely to believe what they want to believe.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:55 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Absolutely, and any honest person with a brain knows he was saying there were good and bad people and blame on both sides. That's the truth and every honest, thinking person knows it.

I personally think there were more bad people and ignorant people and blame on the people there from the left.
Like UNC professor Dwayne Dixon, who frequently orders lefties to do what precipitated the accident.

At 1:51...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9PCjghlmo

Old 08-19-2019, 10:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
I never said you cant think for yourselves. I am saying that you let your political bias influence your perceptions. You guys hate Trump. And he is guilty of a lot of the criticism. He is a boorish oaf. He is vulgar. He tweets some crazy things. He gives people a lot of reasons not to like him. Especially people who vote for the other party.

So when they tell them he is a white supremacist, they are more likely to believe what they want to believe.
Yeah, it's the outrageous accusations that make people sound unhinged. I can't stand listening to the guy, but couldn't honestly accuse him of all the b.s. he's being accused of. It's like people who accused Obama of being Muslim with a Muslim agenda.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:59 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't know that. There's people who say it was a set up of the "white nationalists" and a smear job of anyone opposed to statue removals and even anyone conservative.

Trump needs to be accountable for what actions? Even White nationalist are entitled to their viewpoints. It has nothing to do with Trump. That is just a transparent contrivance. "X" is the worst thing to be, Trump is "X".
Trump is the President, so everything that happens in this country has to do with him. And Trump could of avoided involving himself if he made a strong stand against the white nationalists who were chanting "the Jews will not replace us" but instead called them "fine people". And if he did it out of ignorance, that is his fault for not informing himself about what was happening there.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Trump is the President, so everything that happens in this country has to do with him. And Trump could of avoided involving himself if he made a strong stand against the white nationalists who were chanting "the Jews will not replace us" but instead called them "fine people". And if he did it out of ignorance, that is his fault for not informing himself about what was happening there.
So you want the President to be a puppet of the left? Only condemn one group and ideology and not all the other ones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies