Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 09:26 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times

Advertisements

"Jexodus" was a massive failure (as was "WalkAway").

When Republicans try to lure the Jews over to their side, the Jews see Republicans hanging around with neo-Nazis, outright Nazis, skinheads, and white supremacists who hate Jews. Jews then make a U-turn and go right back to the Democratic party.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:28 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And yet, Jewish American voters go Democratic at a rate of about 75%. They've been that way for decades. Doesn't sound like it's going to change much in spite of your rhetoric.
Exactly. Especially since trump rhetoric influenced the recent shootings at synagogues.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:29 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Never gonna happen.
American Jews are moving further and further away from "Israel at any price" type of thinking...because...well, because they are Americans.

The Fundamentalist Jews will likely vote Red because they are Fundies....that is, many of them don't believe in Zionism or Israel, but they see Authoritarianism as something positive.

However one want to slice it, Trumpian politics is closer to "hitler style" than it is to Jewish Liberal Values (Social Justice, Looking Ahead, Education, etc.)....

The only way regular (secular) Jews would ever turn to Republicans is if they became..."non college educated" and that is unlikely to occur anytime soon. Remember, Trump has never even appealed to 1/2 of the population...and, even then, it was often with their nose held. They didn't approve....but they thought things could not get worse.

Well, as with GWB they found out that having a helmsman is more important than they thought.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:29 AM

4,143 posts, read 1,874,153 times
I agree that the Democrats have been cowardly in not speaking out loudly enough against the antisemitic comments made by Ilhan Omar. But, speaking as a Jew, I am in no rush to jump on the Republican bandwagon on account of it.

We're not forgetting Omar's crass comment about "the Benjamins," but how many of us have already forgotten Trump's re-tweeting (from a racist website) an image of Hillary Clinton with a stack of money and Star of David on it?

Yes, Trump talks about how much he loves the Jewish people and Israel. But as MMS02760 here in this thread astutely noted: "The Republican party loves Jews - as long as they stay in Israel."

Furthermore, I've seen a frighteningly lethal rise of violence against synagogues here in the U.S., and it's no secret that sympathizers with the white nationalism movement are the main perpetrators. So, before I embrace the Republicans, I need to see their man in the White House come out and name white nationalist terrorism for what it is and unequivocally condemn it as strongly as we have named and condemned Islamist terrorism.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Reasonable people are not Democrats.
Idiotic statements like this do nothing to strengthen legitimate points being made.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:33 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
There have been plenty of outspoken Jewish conservatives, like Andrew Breitbart, Michael Savage, Matt drudge, Marc Levin, Ben Stein, Ben Shapiro, Charles Krauthammer (which I always found to be an amusing name for a Jew), etc. Unfortunately, conservative Jews have been in the minority though.
How many of these are/were not highly paid for what they are doing?

Remember, one constant throughout history has been the Judas effect. Whether it was so-called "Uncle Toms" or any other race, religion or creed, there are always a LARGE amount of people (perhaps most?) who are willing to sell out some...or all...of their values for the almighty buck or for attention or celebrity. The Mohammed Alis of the world (go to jail and tell Uncle Sam he won't kill poor people) are the rare exception...which is why they draw so much attention.

If the named above and others had used their own money - earned in a honest fashion - to become "paid actors", then it would be a slightly different thing. I'm not saying they didn't believe their own BS (or truths), just that the wheels are greased when you make a buck.

Or, as the quote goes: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

Old 08-17-2019, 09:39 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Through out history, there seems to be a high percentage of Jewish people voting for the Democratic Party.

My family is split up by many Republican Jews and some liberal Jewish people.

My direct family members always voted for a Conservative.

Many Jewish people I spoke with in the past were democrats, but now I have seen a change. Some seem to be afraid to admit their change of hearts but even on TV, I have seen Democratic Party members (Jewish) who no longer can stand behind Schumer, Pelosi, and the squad and their hate.

Maybe we have to thank the squad for showing what the Democratic Party is about and I* believe from what I have been hearing lately, that more Jews will vote for Trump. Maybe not all will do so because they agree with everything, but many can no longer stand behind the Democratic Party that is overflowing of Anti-Semitism.
maybe a slight shift to the Republicans but I don't see a major shift...my closest Jewish friend from HS is very conservative and i don't know why but that is not the norm....his Jewish buddies on Facebook give him a lot of grief because eh's openly pro Trump.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:41 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
How many of these are/were not highly paid for what they are doing?

Remember, one constant throughout history has been the Judas effect. Whether it was so-called "Uncle Toms" or any other race, religion or creed, there are always a LARGE amount of people (perhaps most?) who are willing to sell out some...or all...of their values for the almighty buck or for attention or celebrity. The Mohammed Alis of the world (go to jail and tell Uncle Sam he won't kill poor people) are the rare exception...which is why they draw so much attention.

If the named above and others had used their own money - earned in a honest fashion - to become "paid actors", then it would be a slightly different thing. I'm not saying they didn't believe their own BS (or truths), just that the wheels are greased when you make a buck.

Or, as the quote goes: "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"
You say they are “Uncle Toms”. I say they wandered off the plantation.

You really believe those I mentioned only have their beliefs because of money? Seriously? They all were espousing those beliefs BEFORE they started making money.

Is it really that hard to believe that others view the world differently than you do? I know many, many Jews, myself included, who are conservative, yet don't make a penny from our conservatism. How do you explain us all away?

Old 08-17-2019, 09:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Jexodus" was a massive failure (as was "WalkAway").

When Republicans try to lure the Jews over to their side, the Jews see Republicans hanging around with neo-Nazis, outright Nazis, skinheads, and white supremacists who hate Jews. Jews then make a U-turn and go right back to the Democratic party.
Just now, Trump tweeted about the Proud Boys rally in Portland - criticizing Antifa but never criticizing the Proud Boys - loud white nationalists.

Plenty of Jewish people in Israel even can't stand Netanyahu. And he and Trump are two peas in a pod.

So, no, I don't see a vast majority of Jewish folks joining the GOP - who is busy aligning themselves with white nationalists. We KNOW how white nationalists feel about Jews. Just ask them.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:56 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Both parties are unconditionally slavish in their devotion to Israel.

I would not panic about any recent developments, Israel has never had so much political influence as it does today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies