U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 05:05 PM

15,015 posts, read 9,262,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The choice is between someone outside the system and a career politician.

Convince me that I am wrong for taking a chance on an outsider instead of another lying DC insider?

Your not wrong and I get why you would vote for whose not a politician. But he doesnít have the maturity of a fully functioning adult either. Heís made the U.S look like a bunch of fools and considering how small the world has become we all need to work together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Trump is smarter than people think, if not smarter, he's definitely crafty. He's good at playing the game. All of this nonsense is a game at the end of the day. Bill Clinton, like him or hate him, was similar.
Trump is brilliant when it comes to getting people worked up for the wrong reasons. Heís divided this country very well. And while he isnít a career politician heís using their playbook to do the same thing. Only faster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:55 PM

6,662 posts, read 2,018,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Trump is smarter than people think, if not smarter, he's definitely crafty. He's good at playing the game. All of this nonsense is a game at the end of the day. Bill Clinton, like him or hate him, was similar.
Crafty is a good choice of words. Or shrewd. I think Trump has a kind of animal cunning, and a trait that sociopaths are said to have, of being able to figure out how to appeal to weaknesses to get around people.

However, I don't think it was very similar to Clinton. Clinton, though shrewd, additionally had genuine charm and real smarts.

Old Today, 03:01 PM

8,929 posts, read 10,960,515 times
In some ways,he was smart enough ( or maybe just cunning mixed in w/ luck) to know how to get elected, but not smart enough to ever have a lasting legacy other than a buffoon. Not sure how smart that is.

Old Today, 03:04 PM

46,445 posts, read 18,377,709 times
OK got tired of talking about CNN Nonsense. Has moved on today to call his fellow Americans cultists.

It must be a terrible way to live. To be so unhappy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or