U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
TKO
 
Location: On the Border
3,218 posts, read 3,168,363 times
Reputation: 2580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That is their ultimate goal. One step at a time.
Paranoid delusion. We have guns too. It's NOT our goal. Now would you rather listen to Wayne La Pierre or me tell you what I think? He has an agenda to sell more firearms and doesn't know me. I have no agenda or ultimate goal and know me pretty well.

If you all would just stop with the over the top hyperbole about how you know what I think even when I tell you I don't think that, we might actually have a discussion. 170 million of your fellow Americans (+-) have an issue with the level of firearms that are available in this country because people are getting killed at WalMart. It's a reasonable concern. They matter too no matter how badly you hate them and make up stories about what they believe. Work with them or they will see you as an uncompromising, recalcitrant, head in sand, ideologue whose opinion can be discounted. And then you won't have any say in the compromises that are to come. Cause they're coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
 
10,065 posts, read 4,716,308 times
Reputation: 5601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Paranoid delusion. We have guns too. It's NOT our goal. Now would you rather listen to Wayne La Pierre or me tell you what I think? He has an agenda to sell more firearms and doesn't know me. I have no agenda or ultimate goal and know me pretty well.

If you all would just stop with the over the top hyperbole about how you know what I think even when I tell you I don't think that, we might actually have a discussion. 170 million of your fellow Americans (+-) have an issue with the level of firearms that are available in this country because people are getting killed at WalMart. It's a reasonable concern. They matter too no matter how badly you hate them and make up stories about what they believe. Work with them or they will see you as an uncompromising, recalcitrant, head in sand, ideologue whose opinion can be discounted. And then you won't have any say in the compromises that are to come. Cause they're coming.
Pelosi, Clinton, Feinstein and several other prominent Democrats have said publicly that they would like to ban ALL guns. The link has been posted numerous times. CD won't let me post it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
TKO
 
Location: On the Border
3,218 posts, read 3,168,363 times
Reputation: 2580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Pelosi, Clinton, Feinstein and several other prominent Democrats have said publicly that they would like to ban ALL guns. The link has been posted numerous times. CD won't let me post it again.
Pandering to their base. Just like Trump said we would have cheaper healthcare for everybody and Mexico would pay for a wall. Too many people don't want it, including other branches of government. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows this. La Pierre and the manufacturers love the gullible. Are you a noobie to politics or what?

Last edited by TKO; Yesterday at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM
 
Location: San Diego
5,381 posts, read 1,471,058 times
Reputation: 3823
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
170 million of your fellow Americans (+-) have an issue with the level of firearms that are available in this country because people are getting killed at WalMart. ...
No, 170 million of our fellow Americans have an issue with the level of firearms that are available in this country because they have been continuously lied to and terrorized into hysteria. Terrorized with the mistaken idea that the number of guns has anything to do with the number of times people are getting killed in Walmart, Dayton, Georgia, Gilroy, and other such mass shooting sites. Something that happens less often than people getting struck by lightning.

The other 175 million know better than to listen to the hysteria spreaders and liars who keep proposing various gun-grabbing schemes which have a 100% record of failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
 
18,444 posts, read 10,503,860 times
Reputation: 13518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Pelosi, Clinton, Feinstein and several other prominent Democrats have said publicly that they would like to ban ALL guns. The link has been posted numerous times. CD won't let me post it again.
What they would like to do and what is actually possible are, in the case of those few, polar opposites.

No one would believe banning with a view to possible confiscation as being even remotely possible. Going back to the prohibition era as a "Coles notes" exercise in research as to how the banning would work out in reality would show it being a fools errand.

Actual attempts to put any confiscation legislation into place would result in anarchy.

They all now this. They are simply talking heads maintaining the political practice of keeping their faces in the news.

Does anyone actually think that anything to come out of Washington by way of addressing firearm carnage would be possible to enact without co-operation from the firearm owners, freedom advocates, constitutional scholars or the firearm lobby?

Nothing will be done of any note that does not include discussions spanning months if not years taking place with all parties having those dogs in the hunt sitting at the table. To attempt otherwise, even those most arrogant of pols know would be futile and end very badly if done with disregard for common sense.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,107 posts, read 2,586,311 times
Reputation: 4804
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
This is why they are losing and Trump is winning.
OK to be fair. Not all your money, just a lot of it and maybe most of it. hahaha

The dems have been trying to punish honest gun owners for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,392 posts, read 1,955,041 times
Reputation: 1668
Trump is the biggest gun-grabber since Reagan.

Poppa Bush was an anti-gunner too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,392 posts, read 1,955,041 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
OK to be fair. Not all your money, just a lot of it and maybe most of it. hahaha

The dems have been trying to punish honest gun owners for decades.
Trump made felons out of 500,000 Americans simply for owning bump stocks. Now he wants to expand background checks.

Once an NYC liberal, always an NYC liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Long Island
33,629 posts, read 14,166,856 times
Reputation: 7200
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Trump made felons out of 500,000 Americans simply for owning bump stocks. Now he wants to expand background checks.

Once an NYC liberal, always an NYC liberal.
How will people defend themselves without bumpstocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
8,392 posts, read 1,955,041 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How will people defend themselves without bumpstocks.
It doesn't matter.

Property rights are absolute, and slippery slopes are a real thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top