Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 06:54 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,396,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
One of questions is, "Are you black, Hispanic or Asian?" The choices are yes or no.

Quiz: Let Us Predict Whether
You’re a Democrat or a Republican

I scored +48 democratic, which is strange since people here call me a far-right wing extremist.
Same. +48 Dem. Voted Trump last time. Will vote for him again. May have voted Bernie last time if he had won the nomination. Glad I didn't.

Wasn't even sure if the first question "Are you black, Hispanic or Asian?" applied since I am mixed by US standards. Just reran it answering yes to my part ethnicities in Q 1 and I am +42D or +72D. Will still vote for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 06:56 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,266,880 times
What bs quiz lmao if you’re not white and Christian you’re automatically +63 Democrat.

Hahaha

Poor minority’s have been voting Democrat for over 50 years and they’re still poor.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Exactly! It's a statistical composite. Notice that the main determinant is whether "religion is important in your life". If you answer "no", and continue answering "no" to the various other religious-affiliation questions, you'll land firmly on the Democratic side, even if you're a hard-right libertarian in real life, a prepper, or even a Trump supporter.

In other words, if the statistics are correct, what tends to send people leftwards is their religious orientation (or more precisely, lack thereof)... and not their position on taxes, trade, nationalism, race sexual orientation or immigration.

Good analysis.

I am a bit of a libertarian - make hay while the sun shines kind of stuff. So this poll does not get me.

But serious question, how is a thrice divorced, philandering rich dude from New York City able to get the religious vote from, presumably, the bible belt? Do you think the NYT thought about that?

Old 08-17-2019, 07:01 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,718,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I got a +60 something Democrat rating. I guess that is in line with most people in my shoes, but certainly isn't accurate in my case
The NYT probably wants you to think you should be voting a straight Democratic ticket.

Old 08-17-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Constant divisiveness from the left. It is all about Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Ethnicity, etc. Just more crap. It is getting more than OLD.

Yeah, this! Identity politics.

That survey is just so wrong - basically it says if you are black you are going to vote Dem regardless whether you grew up as a kid of parents who were MDs or raised by a single mom in the projects. Both experience could lead you to realize that bringing back blue collar jobs like Trump (and Bernie in 2016) is trying to do is better than the continued welfare train by the Dems.

It basically calculates blacks have no agency in deciding what is best in their opinion, they are just Dem voting sheeple. Pretty sad statement when that is what the strategists in the Dems think of blacks. Everybody has a right to decide for themselves what is right and wrong in the direction the country should take. Identity politics is just wrong.

Old 08-17-2019, 07:20 PM

2,923 posts, read 970,878 times
Mueller Aint Going Away!!!!

Old 08-17-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
Mueller Aint Going Away!!!!
Seriously, there should be a phrase like "this is going to end in a Mueller" to replace "this going to end in a wimper" or "this report is a Mueller" to replace "this report is a total waste of time and resources".

Old 08-17-2019, 07:46 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,127,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
But serious question, how is a thrice divorced, philandering rich dude from New York City able to get the religious vote from, presumably, the bible belt? Do you think the NYT thought about that?
Because there are no shortage of pastors and preachers in the bible belt that are thrice divorced, philandering rich dudes that dont have any morals and are cash hungry just like him. Then they told their mindless congregations that god endorses trump. They covered religion for the followers.

Old 08-17-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Because there are no shortage of pastors and preachers in the bible belt that are thrice divorced, philandering rich dudes that dont have any morals and are cash hungry just like him. Then they told their mindless congregations that god endorses trump. They covered religion for the followers.
Your opinion or fact?

I am not really in tune with the religious scene in the bible belt.

Old 08-17-2019, 07:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,820,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I think many of the Christian conservatives were not initially keen on Trump. But he was nominated, and he came to them as a friend, and they went all in supporting him. Nothing irrational and mindless about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies