U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

12,801 posts, read 3,985,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Your opinion or fact?

I am not really in tune with the religious scene in the bible belt.
Democrat's support for LGBT, gay marriage, abortion etc and their history of being anti-Christian made voting for a democrat especially Hitlary a non-starter. They were going to vote republican, and I think many were initially divided between Cruz and Trump the frontrunners, and got behind the nominee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM

46,372 posts, read 18,342,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Constant divisiveness from the left. It is all about Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Ethnicity, etc. Just more crap. It is getting more than OLD.

That why the eat up this BS from a rag like the NYT. They know how to grab the easily influenced.

Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,521,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Same. +48 Dem. Voted Trump last time. Will vote for him again. May have voted Bernie last time if he had won the nomination. Glad I didn't.

Wasn't even sure if the first question "Are you black, Hispanic or Asian?" applied since I am mixed by US standards. Just reran it answering yes to my part ethnicities in Q 1 and I am +42D or +72D. Will still vote for Trump.
I was +19 Republican and I would set myself on fire before I would vote for Trump. Shows that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover: this straight Protestant white male (all things that should make me Republican apparently) couldn't be further from their prediction.

Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM

1,818 posts, read 615,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
One of questions is, "Are you black, Hispanic or Asian?" The choices are yes or no.

Quiz: Let Us Predict Whether
You’re a Democrat or a Republican

I scored +48 democratic, which is strange since people here call me a far-right wing extremist.
It makes sense, that one question can determine the affiliation of about 40% of the population with 65-95% accuracy.

Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM

14,341 posts, read 6,201,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
The quiz demonstrates demographics of political affiliations, nothing more. Given a particular demographic makeup it gives the most likely party. It's the science of statistics. But we all know that the right does not particularly like science.
Yeah, the party of fifty genders and anti-vaxxers really shouldn’t throw stones.

Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

2,263 posts, read 1,760,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I was +19 Republican and I would set myself on fire before I would vote for Trump. Shows that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover: this straight Protestant white male (all things that should make me Republican apparently) couldn't be further from their prediction.

Yeah, when I read the NYT or the rare times I listen to NPR, I feel like I am being trolled and then I realize I am supposed to blindly conform to some sort of identity predefined in so many ways.

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM
Status: ""making all of his nowhere plans for nobody..."" (set 6 days ago)

7,575 posts, read 4,547,140 times
+75 Republican. LOL

It's not about race the way some of y'all are suggesting or your political leanings. I knew it was going to think I lean right because I'm a 49 year old straight white male Protestant living in the South.

Old Today, 12:49 AM

4 posts, read 166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
One of questions is, "Are you black, Hispanic or Asian?" The choices are yes or no.

Quiz: Let Us Predict Whether
You’re a Democrat or a Republican

I scored +48 democratic, which is strange since people here call me a far-right wing extremist.
Not for nothing. Nyt proves yet again how stupid they are.

Old Today, 01:21 AM

1,294 posts, read 969,447 times
poll is garbage. said +48 D for me, just like OP.

In real life, I vote single issue and can be radical environmentalist in one context, libertarian in another, trad-con in another.

Or as ― Kurt Vonnegut said:
"Thanks to the convenience of Television, you can only be one of two kinds of human beings, either a liberal or a conservative.”

Old Today, 10:35 AM

8,068 posts, read 5,131,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the question is not about ideology, but rather party, and race can be a predictor of that as many conservatives of color identify as Democrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
It makes sense, that one question can determine the affiliation of about 40% of the population with 65-95% accuracy.
The quiz is NOT an assessment of any given individual's opinions. It's a prediction of likely voting-behavior based on traits of groups of which one is a member.

For example, if the subject-matter were, "How likely are you to bother to vote", the main question would be, "how old are you?" If you're young, the prediction would be, that you'd not vote. If you're over 65, the prediction would be, that you're overwhelmingly likely to vote. It would take no account of the young-person who's politically active, or the older person who's apathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or