U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 03:28 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
12,931 posts, read 4,373,219 times
Reputation: 10222

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, nothing to see here. No climate change at all.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/19/weath...ntl/index.html

However, I think scientists are being too optimistic. I don't believe we have 200 years.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/18/healt...rnd/index.html

And your solution please. Include details. Not just a vague "well, we need to cut back on fossil fuel consumption".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 03:44 AM
 
19,603 posts, read 17,640,688 times
Reputation: 10705
Just looked at Anchorage's weather and for 10 days its average temp wise. Fairbanks is on the low side for the same period by about 5 degrees. But 25 years ago they had a record of 90 degrees. Warmest on record, just no records. Uh, yeah.
Maybe they need to look into somebody dumping something into the water and that's what's killing the fish? Global warming sounds like a convenient cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,471 posts, read 10,266,213 times
Reputation: 7207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Just looked at Anchorage's weather and for 10 days its average temp wise. Fairbanks is on the low side for the same period by about 5 degrees. But 25 years ago they had a record of 90 degrees. Warmest on record, just no records. Uh, yeah.
Maybe they need to look into somebody dumping something into the water and that's what's killing the fish? Global warming sounds like a convenient cover.
Got it covered. Trump's EPA just did away with restrictions on dumping mine waste and chemicals into the waterways.

You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:08 AM
 
Location: NY
4,143 posts, read 1,069,566 times
Reputation: 2453
House Special:

Artic Soup Jambalaya
Blue Ice Slushies

yummy..............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:11 AM
 
Location: NY
4,143 posts, read 1,069,566 times
Reputation: 2453
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Got it covered. Trump's EPA just did away with restrictions on dumping mine waste and chemicals into the waterways.

You're welcome.
Opinion:

Oh no........ Orange Man bad again?

Getting even with China dumping 500 million tons of garbage into a local canyon.....................
The container of milk you are drinking from was trampled over by bare feet, mud and oxen feces before
making its way into your hands. How about last nights Tilapia Fish diner yum.... Farm raised in pools built
right under dirty chicken stalls used to feed the fish.............yum yum yum......
Compliments of the Philippines.

Yellow man....................badder..................... ........ouch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:13 AM
 
6,600 posts, read 2,836,879 times
Reputation: 7928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Getting even with China dumping 500 million tons of garbage into a local canyon.....................
Are you saying because China is a pig sty, we should live in a pig sty as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:19 AM
 
5,414 posts, read 5,758,034 times
Reputation: 5606
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is fake news from CNN. Why do you still parrot them as factual?


There isn't one thing in that narriative to suggest that this has ANYTHING to do with the climate. it's just fodder for the easily influenced.
Amen, sister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
31,003 posts, read 31,939,634 times
Reputation: 12689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Just looked at Anchorage's weather and for 10 days its average temp wise. Fairbanks is on the low side for the same period by about 5 degrees. But 25 years ago they had a record of 90 degrees. Warmest on record, just no records. Uh, yeah.
Maybe they need to look into somebody dumping something into the water and that's what's killing the fish? Global warming sounds like a convenient cover.
Come on, get real...How hard is it for a scientist to dip a thermometer in the water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:09 AM
 
34,668 posts, read 41,853,334 times
Reputation: 30090
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is fake news from CNN. Why do you still parrot them as factual?


There isn't one thing in that narriative to suggest that this has ANYTHING to do with the climate. it's just fodder for the easily influenced.
Out of curiosity if main stream media is all fake news what news sources do you go to for reliable news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:12 AM
 
34,668 posts, read 41,853,334 times
Reputation: 30090
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Come on, get real...How hard is it for a scientist to dip a thermometer in the water?
Modern scientific weather stations can produce a variety of data =
Scientific Weather Stations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top