U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 02:51 PM

5,241 posts, read 3,054,265 times

Advertisements

I just like how people here think they can counter the findings of people who spent their lives studying in the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 03:01 PM

1,840 posts, read 1,093,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Another Clash fan, huh?

The only band that matters.
Yup. Every time I hear that “It’s the end of the world as we know it” cr@p, that Clash song starts playing in my head and I feel fine!

Old 08-17-2019, 03:41 PM

478 posts, read 1,023,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
We have only been keeping records for a century. The earth is much older than that.

Fake news.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:45 PM

19,743 posts, read 12,427,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
The usual warmer response- "it's weather, not climate".

Great! We won't have to cook them then.

I heard that the water is actually boiling in Yellowstone as well- it must be due to CO2!

Old 08-17-2019, 03:49 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 18 days ago)

3,722 posts, read 661,783 times
We have a man-made canal and locks here that connect Lake Washington to the Puget Sound. This allows for yachts to get from the lake to the Sound. But it is also a big detriment to salmon. A rural state senator who has a masters in some kind of enviro science proposed getting rid of the locks and taking it back to the natural state in order to help the salmon.
Whatcom state Sen. suggests removal of Ballard Locks in response to Snake River dam removal proposals.

It has changed the water level of the lake, plus creates a kind of bottle neck where the sea lions can just hang out outside the locks and gobble up the Salmon.

Whoa no, can't get rid of the locks, screamed ultra-blue Seattle. Can't we just raise the gas tax again or something instead to help the salmon?

Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM

4,984 posts, read 2,033,707 times
Quote:
I just like how people here think they can counter the findings of people who spent their lives studying in the field.
"Because the die-off coincided with the heat wave, they concluded that heat stress was the cause of the mass deaths."

Some of us are just laughing at the exhaustive study they conducted before rushing to report their conclusions.

Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM

1,929 posts, read 487,881 times
Quote:
The right-wing media in which they isolate themselves gives them the reassurance that everything is fine and we can continue business as usual.

I personally miss being a Conservative myself, it's so much easier to ignore reality and pretend everything is honky dory. But once you take the red pill, accept the growing evidence and multitudes of scientific studies out there, you can't go back. Unless you somehow delude yourself by listening to hours of right-wing propaganda.....and then maybe you can forget everything you learned.

Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM

12,920 posts, read 4,370,064 times
Quote:
Ok - and your solution, for man to control nature, is ………….

????

Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM

4,984 posts, read 2,033,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The right-wing media in which they isolate themselves gives them the reassurance that everything is fine and we can continue business as usual.

I personally miss being a Conservative myself, it's so much easier to ignore reality and pretend everything is honky dory. But once you take the red pill, accept the growing evidence and multitudes of scientific studies out there, you can't go back. Unless you somehow delude yourself by listening to hours of right-wing propaganda.....and then maybe you can forget everything you learned.
Lay off the "blue pill" before you start thinking "Solar Freakin' Roads" are a good idea!!!

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

2,255 posts, read 856,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hmmm. Catch them pre-cooked! Eliminate the middle man.
Well they were found by "Cook Inslet", soooooo....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or