U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM

5,252 posts, read 3,057,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Solution please. You've made very clear that it's "us" who is warming up the planet.

How do we fix it?
To put it simply, use more efficient ways of creating energy/manufacturing. But Im sure I don’t have to explain.

As for everyday people. It’s understandable that not all of us live in an area with convenient public transit, or can afford an electric car. Best to do if you do care but are stuck, just use moderation.
But that seems to be too much of “feeling good”. In other words, Ive seen that thrown around alot. People say it as if one can change their routine overnight.

Only true fix is to push industries to change.

But I think we are beyond fixing, now it’s minimize the effects and prepare for whats ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:57 AM

12,930 posts, read 4,373,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
To put it simply, use more efficient ways of creating energy/manufacturing. But Im sure I don’t have to explain.

As for everyday people. It’s understandable that not all of us live in an area with convenient public transit, or can afford an electric car. Best to do if you do care but are stuck, just use moderation.
But that seems to be too much of “feeling good”. In other words, Ive seen that thrown around alot. People say it as if one can change their routine overnight.

But I think we are beyond fixing, now it’s minimize the effects and prepare for whats ahead.
Actually you do have to explain. The devil is in the details. More efficient manufacturing sounds fine. So does a slow transition to alternative energy - you'll get no argument from me here.

Old Yesterday, 03:31 AM

30,675 posts, read 20,260,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Yes it is. And I love smoked salmon. Especially Nova Scotia smoked salmon.

As I said, I like farm raised better. It is pink and moist when you cook it. That wild salmon is more dark red, and can get very dry, especially if you overlook it just a little bit. Plus it tastes fishy to me. The farm raised usually doesn’t taste fishy.

But yes, the wild salmon is supposed to be healthier.
Now we're talkin'!

Nova Lox on a sesame bagel with cream cheese, onion and tomato!!!

Old Yesterday, 03:41 AM

34,665 posts, read 41,853,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Solution please. You've made very clear that it's "us" who is warming up the planet.

How do we fix it?

We can work on reducing our current use of 100 million barrels of fossil fuel per day, that would be a good start. Its amazing that we are having major climatic disruptions and for a certain segment of the population its just a source of jokes.

Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM

67,193 posts, read 34,218,319 times
Quote:
In other news... The Bear population is the fattest it has ever been in Alaska.

Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM

18,742 posts, read 9,179,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We can work on reducing our current use of 100 million barrels of fossil fuel per day, that would be a good start. Its amazing that we are having major climatic disruptions and for a certain segment of the population its just a source of jokes.
Which would drastically reduce our standard of living and kill the economy. The climate changes naturally and drastically. What percentage is due to Man? What will the taxes, and restrictions do to reduce climate change? What if the natural climate change rises as it always does?

Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
OK. It's easy to say, reduce oil consumption.

How do you do that?

DETAILS PLEASE

Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM

3,338 posts, read 1,340,048 times
Quote:

Why wouldn't this be fine, IF it were true? The endangered polar bears would be able to get their fill of safely cooked fresh, wild salmon... Slammin salmon down their throats until it was time for them to hibernate through the calm and warm winter... so they could just plop down about anywhere and not need caves, holes or blankets (binkies) and they could be very fat and comfy.

Wait, did Trump also remove polar bears from the endangered species list? Well fook! Now we're gonna have a whole bunch of non-producing polar bears just laying around, living off the starving backs of humans with their welfare Slammin salmon, at our taxpaying expense!

Ok, I think I have a solution. If we tax every human worldwide $29.99 each month, regardless of age or income, we can build a bunch of chillers as well as the new power plants to run them, then we could cool the entire arctic, including the waterways, rivers, creeks and lakes. Then those lazy, non-endangered and non-protected welfare recipient polar bears can get off their sorry butts and have to go out, roaming to kill a seal or two to eat and stop living off the backs of the worldwide taxpayers!

What do you mean that we're not suppose to encourage polar bears to eat seals? I know seals are cute and cuddly, but so are polar bears unless they're emaciated from starvation... so we also need to add an additional worldwide tax of $3.99 per month on everyone so that we can send good, healthy foods like breakfast Cheerios, granola bars, trail mix, nuts and berries to the polar bears so they won't become dependent on the government's Slammin salmon welfare program which was created by evil humans selfishly burning fossil fuels and therefore causing the awful crisis known as catastrophic anthropogenic climate change (global warming for you hating deniers of science).

So, for the low cost of only $33.98 each month, you too could save the planet from climate change, save the polar bears, save the seals and save the salmon! So quit being selfish people who only think of yourselves and start doing something to Save The Planet! You can start by mailing $33.98 per month, due by the 10th of each month, to KS_Referee and I'll make sure everything is restored and saved from the evils of humanity.

It's time to take responsibility for all you have done to harm this planet, so send your money NOW!

Last edited by KS_Referee; Yesterday at 06:13 AM..

Old Yesterday, 07:00 AM

3,069 posts, read 1,242,777 times
Quote:

Industries respond to what the buyers want. Although they do try to influence what buyer want.

Quote:
I agree these are probably good things regardless of global warming/climate change but how much of an impact will this have on total CO2 emissions. Do you know what the total CO2 emissions per year are from both human and natural sources? Do you know what percentage the types of changes you advocate would cause in total co2 emissions?

Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM

As should be apparent by now -- when pressed for details and solutions -- the global warming people have nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or