U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:02 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 16 days ago)

3,692 posts, read 653,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Which anti-hate groups do you guys like??? Or do you think racism and hatred doesnít exist, therefore we donít need these groups???? Yea...I got a bridge to sell ya then.
I don't think anyone would deny that racism doesn't exist; hence this is a straw man.

For example, when Ayanna Pressley (D,MA) says "we don't need any more black faces that don't want to be a black voice," that is clearly racism. She's saying that thought and mentality must comport with skin color. That could serve as a good working definition of 'racism.'

And as Chicago PD chief Eddie Johnson said, when Jussie Smollett tried to pull off his hate crime hoax, the predictable result was racial tension and division (if he had succeeded).

What do you think of these examples of racism, Eli? I think I see people on the far left dismissing and brushing them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:04 PM

16,065 posts, read 4,242,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I don't think anyone would deny that racism doesn't exist; hence this is a straw man.

For example, when Ayanna Pressley (D,MA) says "we don't need any more black faces that don't want to be a black voice," that is clearly racism. She's saying that thought and mentality must comport with skin color. That could serve as a good working definition of 'racism.'

And as Chicago PD chief Eddie Johnson said, when Jussie Smollett tried to pull off his hate crime hoax, the predictable result was racial tension and division (if he had succeeded).

What do you think of these examples of racism, Eli? I think I see people on the far left dismissing and brushing them off.
You are mistaken an opinion and Freedom of Speech for Racism.

Joining the NAACP or the ACLU is not Racism. But joining the US Chamber of Commerce is probably "seeking corporate rule and lack of responsibility". See what I did there???

Old Today, 02:10 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 16 days ago)

3,692 posts, read 653,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Joining the NAACP or the ACLU is not Racism. But joining the US Chamber of Commerce is probably "seeking corporate rule and lack of responsibility". See what I did there???
No, I don't. I can't decipher what you even mean, or how it relates to my post to which you responded.

Is not an insistence that thought must comport with skin tone the epitome of 'racism?' Do you believe that all blacks should think alike, all whites should think alike, etc?

Old Today, 02:11 PM

8,389 posts, read 11,222,164 times
O the ignorance!

Old Today, 02:12 PM

4,465 posts, read 2,679,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Wait - is that link from Google news??? I thought Google suppressed any news that wasn't part of the liberal narrative?

Old Today, 02:12 PM

12,778 posts, read 3,979,376 times
Diversity and open borders just doesn't work well, and the people who want it know it and don't want America to work well. They want an America different from the one the majority made.

Old Today, 02:14 PM

12,778 posts, read 3,979,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

It's not . I guess no group is racist then.

Old Today, 02:16 PM

3,112 posts, read 672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Amusing...

Trumplings support a hate spewing demagogue supported by the Klan, neo-Nazis and all manner of racists/bigots, but their knickers are in a knot over a long established organization that's committed to zeroing in on hate groups.

No, they're not living in Bizarro World.

Really. They're NOT.

The $PLC is a scam. Did you read the article???

They listed the Family Research Council as a "hate group," a listing that was possessed by the gunman who shot up their offices.

Hope that helps.

Old Today, 02:18 PM

3,112 posts, read 672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Itís this reverse racism nonsense, they see any group that is even remotely critical of policies intended to preserve the historical straight white Christian majority as a threat. Groups that make it an open policy to try to preserve this majority are considered good.

To these people, America becoming more multicultural and especially becoming a minority majority country is seen as a threat to their social identity. Itís a sad, fear based xenophobia that Trump exposed and exploited for his political gain. He was novel in that one aspect, no one really had any idea just how widespread this irrational fear was in the GOP base.
Weird how white progs bet a collective boner over the thought of whites becoming a minority group. Cringy virtue-signaling at its best.

Old Today, 03:24 PM

5,189 posts, read 2,859,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Weird how white progs bet a collective boner over the thought of whites becoming a minority group. Cringy virtue-signaling at its best.
What a weird characterization.

The reality is I donít care one way or another what the racial makeup of the country is.

Other peopleís race isnít a problem for me, but it clearly is for many on the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies