U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:18 PM

24 posts, read 3,463 times

Advertisements

The 1940s version of ANTIFA was the US military. All the Trump loving Proud Boy sympathizers here are on the wrong side of history. You lost in the '40s and you are going to lose again. Authoritarian right wingers are having their moment in the sun in the US right now but it won't last for long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:19 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,607,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Kudos to the Portland police for keeping the wing-nuts from killing each other.
I live in Portland and while I'm not the biggest fan of the PPB I'll give them credit for showing more restraint than some of the keyboard Rambo's on these very pages who would celebrate gunning down fellow Americans because they don't politically agree with them.

Old Today, 12:22 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,327,240 times
The mayor brought in extra police from around the state to keep things under control. The very thing the Proud Boys and the like have said he was unwilling to do and the supposed reason for their protest.

But they’re vowing to come back monthly.

Old Today, 12:31 PM

11,884 posts, read 5,035,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The mayor brought in extra police from around the state to keep things under control. The very thing the Proud Boys and the like have said he was unwilling to do and the supposed reason for their protest.

But they’re vowing to come back monthly.
I'm sure all their mothers are glad to have them out of the basement for a day.

Old Today, 12:31 PM

11,043 posts, read 5,128,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Is that the deal breaker for you? If the look up to Hitler? Or is it a selling point?
I asked the question because I highly doubt it's true, and much like everything else said about the Proud Boys, this claim is more lies.

While I view the Proud Boys as a bunch of idiots, I still think it's important to be truthful about the group, and not spread outright lies about them.

Old Today, 02:22 PM

23,741 posts, read 12,527,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I asked the question because I highly doubt it's true, and much like everything else said about the Proud Boys, this claim is more lies.

While I view the Proud Boys as a bunch of idiots, I still think it's important to be truthful about the group, and not spread outright lies about them.
What else do you think are lies?

They are white supremacists who are racists and most definitely want to engage in voilence with Anti-Fa -- that's the whole reason for their protests.

Unless you can find some meaningful reason for them to 'protest'.......

Anti-Fa is awful too....and deserves the bad rap.

If you find yourself having to defend either group -- you have entered the Twilight Zone and are part of the erosion of the USA.....

Old Today, 02:25 PM

12,739 posts, read 14,110,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
The 1940s version of ANTIFA was the US military. All the Trump loving Proud Boy sympathizers here are on the wrong side of history. You lost in the '40s and you are going to lose again. Authoritarian right wingers are having their moment in the sun in the US right now but it won't last for long.

Ummm what?

The 1940's version of Antifa was the SS (Schutzstaffel). Wrong country bro.

Old Today, 02:33 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,327,240 times
I see Antifa called anarchists, communists, and authoritarian fascists all at the same time. Sometimes by the same person.

Old Today, 02:38 PM

12,739 posts, read 14,110,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I see Antifa called anarchists, communists, and authoritarian fascists all at the same time. Sometimes by the same person.

Because they proudly hoist the hammer and sickle, stand against free speech, and many of them are anarchists as well. Antifa is basically just a collection of people who have little/no value to contribute to society, and are upset that society doesn't reward them for their uselessness. If these losers aren't out demonstrating and destroying their own community, they are wasting their time playing video games in their parent's basement.

Old Today, 02:44 PM

11,043 posts, read 5,128,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What else do you think are lies?

They are white supremacists who are racists and most definitely want to engage in voilence with Anti-Fa -- that's the whole reason for their protests.

Unless you can find some meaningful reason for them to 'protest'.......

Anti-Fa is awful too....and deserves the bad rap.

If you find yourself having to defend either group -- you have entered the Twilight Zone and are part of the erosion of the USA.....
To recap.

I asked for anyone to provide examples of the Proud Boys initiating violence, and nobody gave any examples.

I asked the poster who made the claim that the Proud Boys look up to Hitler, to provide some proof, and no answer.

Now you claim they are white supremacists, which maybe some of they are. However, when these claims were first made about the Proud Boys, the claim was made, naming one of the members who was married to an African-American woman. Heck, you even made the claim that the Proud Boys were chanting anti-Jew slogans, and when asked to provide proof, you failed to do so. So I find myself having doubts about these claims, hence me asking people to back up their claims with some proof.

Just to be clear, calling out people that make false claims, is not defending any group, it's simple calling out lairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies