U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

3,847 posts, read 2,521,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I don't see proud boys carrying the hammer and cycle and demanding a glorious bloody red revolution.
Hard to see it when you're standing in their midst.

Scumbags are scumbags no matter where they come from, what they are wearing, or what pigment they have.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM

2,557 posts, read 3,462,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Hopefully all those in prison and in the hospital are antifa. But something tells me it's all Proud Boys in both thanks to the leadership in Portland. Notice how all the newspapers lead with "Far right rally" as implying this is inevitable if you allow the Proud boys to march.
That's because it is inevitable when you allow these vile rascist nationalistic far right groups to march.

Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

12,736 posts, read 14,110,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
That's because it is inevitable when you allow these vile rascist nationalistic far right groups to march.

So you support muzzling free speech and stamping out otherwise peaceful demonstrations? Even Nazis are free to march and demonstrate in America. I have no problem with that. If you choose to wear your hatred on your sleeve, I am happy enough to get out of the way and let you announce it to the world. It doesn't mean I support it though. This is a free country, for the people, and by the people, and we are free to reject messages of hate, as well as demonstrate against vile, hate filled people.

Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM

21,705 posts, read 14,568,693 times
Quote:
It's their country. Not so much the case with 25% of the people who typically show up for leftist demonstrations.
BS. Free speech is everyone's right. All sides are free to use the right, so all sides do use it.

You have no way of knowing what any person's citizenship is in a demonstration. And citizenship doesn't give more free speech rights out. Non-citizens are still allowed to speak freely here.

That's what this demonstration was supposedly all about.

But for some, the demonstration was just an excuse to have a fight. On all sides. The Proud Boys has some who were just as eager to fight as the Antifa or any of the other groups that were there. And some of the fighters were never a part of any group.

The biggest reason why Portland was chosen was due to the city's permissiveness in the past. This demonstration wasn't allowed to get so out of hand as the others; this time, there were far more many cops there, and they were far quicker to act than in the past.

So it's a possibility another city will be chosen in the future because Portland is no longer so permissive.

Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM

263 posts, read 29,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Like I said, if someone finally shoots an antifa punk at one of these brawl-fests, I'll do a toast in their name.

Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM

12,736 posts, read 14,110,201 times
Quote:
Like I said, if someone finally shoots an antifa punk at one of these brawl-fests, I'll do a toast in their name.

That's despicable. And another martyr is exactly what the far leftist sect desires.

Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM

7,465 posts, read 2,702,880 times
Quote:
Pathetic.

Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

21,822 posts, read 14,512,039 times
Quote:
Not surprising.

Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Status: "Make sure you include me in your manifesto" (set 17 days ago)

8,329 posts, read 3,259,603 times
Quote:
So you support muzzling free speech and stamping out otherwise peaceful demonstrations? Even Nazis are free to march and demonstrate in America. I have no problem with that. If you choose to wear your hatred on your sleeve, I am happy enough to get out of the way and let you announce it to the world. It doesn't mean I support it though. This is a free country, for the people, and by the people, and we are free to reject messages of hate, as well as demonstrate against vile, hate filled people.
Who decides what label these people get?

Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM

20,742 posts, read 8,926,412 times
Has antifa actually killed anyone like the white supremacist who is jailed jailed for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies