Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 07:13 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The antifa loons will just go back to moms basement and play their video games.
No, they will go back to their social sciences graduate studies, adjunct professor duties, and barrista jobs, which they will remain in after graduation if they make it.

I"m not sure what Proud Boys do for a living but anyone with time to dress up in a uniform and travel to someone else's city to act like a jerk and look for fights probably doesn't have much going on either.

I shake my head at either side who finds camaraderie with their respective extremist offshoot of miscreants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 11:21 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
No, they will go back to their social sciences graduate studies, adjunct professor duties, and barrista jobs, which they will remain in after graduation if they make it.

I"m not sure what Proud Boys do for a living but anyone with time to dress up in a uniform and travel to someone else's city to act like a jerk and look for fights probably doesn't have much going on either.

I shake my head at either side who finds camaraderie with their respective extremist offshoot of miscreants.
You have won this thread. No prize but you win.

As for proud boys. I imagine some do angry vlogging. Those with a following can do well.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:25 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
What I do find slight odd, is so many in this thread who seem to be so ANTIFA, but don't raise an eyebrow about White Supremacists having a "parade".

Old 08-19-2019, 11:27 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
What I do find slight odd, is so many in this thread who seem to be so ANTIFA, but don't raise an eyebrow about White Supremacists having a "parade".
the absence of such a parade explains the lack of raised eyebrows.

mystery solved!

Old 08-19-2019, 11:34 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the absence of such a parade explains the lack of raised eyebrows.

mystery solved!

Old 08-19-2019, 03:53 PM

853 posts, read 337,107 times
In Portland we have reached the bleeding Kansas stage of our modern political discourse. The question is do we pull back as a society or do we move on to the next step as we did in 1861?

Old 08-19-2019, 04:55 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

You think the Antifa are local? They're all bused in from god knows where. Anyone who has time to go to these rallies are usually deadbeats without a job. I would love for one of these rallies to come near me however.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:14 PM

853 posts, read 337,107 times
Do you really think ANTIFA has to bus in people in Portland? That is where a lot of those people live. That is why the Proud Boys are having their rallies there in the first place.

Anyway, ANTIFA isn't an organization in the proper sense. It has no membership, and it has no central leadership. It is a loose grouping of like minded people. If you and your friends agree with the goals of ANTIFA and you all dress in black and counter protest at white supremacist rallies then you are ANTIFA too, even if you have never met anyone else from ANTIFA.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:15 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Does anyone here know the definition of antifascist? Just curious.

Old 08-19-2019, 06:17 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You think the Antifa are local? They're all bused in from god knows where. Anyone who has time to go to these rallies are usually deadbeats without a job. I would love for one of these rallies to come near me however.
You can have them from both sides. On the local news tonight they mentioned millions were spent on the attempt to keep the peace, money that will come out of programs for the homeless and a host of other initiatives the city funds. Small businesses also took a financial hit. So yeah, don't be shy about letting us all know where you live. Talk is cheap, send out those invites. Just give us the zip code, otherwise we can just consider you're just blowing smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies