U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:02 PM

27,601 posts, read 19,374,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The job of the New York Times is to sell newspapers. Suck it up.
no obligation to be fair, unbiased, or even accurate.

got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:03 PM

23,005 posts, read 17,034,061 times
Quote:
Key word is "news" not "Carlos Slim's hateful opinion".

Old Today, 03:05 PM

541 posts, read 110,574 times
Quote:

Exactly. This whole business of the newspaper as impartial public space is a fiction invented sometime in the mid-20th century. It wasn't true and isn't.

Old Today, 03:06 PM

11,872 posts, read 2,936,126 times
I think the more sensible liberals who still read the NY Slimes will get tired of being called racists just because an accident of birth made them white.

Old Today, 03:38 PM

7,124 posts, read 1,535,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I saw that yesterday. Quite a story, but really nothing surprising. Slate.com has the transcript of the meeting, which was evidently leaked by an NYT employee.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ranscript.html

You know you've gone off the rails as a liberal rag when slate.com raises its eyebrows at you.

From the transcript:

I find it appalling that a NYT staffer believes that racism was the 'foundation of this country.' It was certainly present, but the foundation can be found in the Declaration and Constitution. That is precisely how we were able to get over past racism. Remember MLK referred to the Constitution as a 'promissory note.' That was the 'foundation,' not racism or white supremacy.
Wow, that is news to me. I always thought it was founded in protest of "taxation without representation".

Old Today, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post

The NY Times staffer needs to take a course in american history and constitutional history in particular.
I think that many of the NYT staff need to find other jobs, starting with whoever makes the hiring decisions. Anyone remember Sarah Jeong? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45052534

Old Today, 03:43 PM
Status: "You showed me mercy and all I can do is say Thank You." (set 28 days ago)

1,530 posts, read 300,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...-to-racism.php

Mainstream media, doing what they do.

NYT has built it's reputation on progressive liberal hate. Completely expected considering it is managed and staffed by progressive liberals.

They claim Trump is shutting them up saying "Trump is threatening the 1st!" when the fact is they haven't been stopped (nor should they be) from publishing the most insane things with little calling out from the Dems. It's just the way they like it. Nobody stopping them yet claiming to be the victims.

The left has certainly be the arbiters of shutting down freedom of speech. An undeniable fact, though they will for sure.

Check this out:
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...s/gross-profit

Look at the chart of quarterly RPL. They were on their last breath losing 10s of millions each year, until Trump won and their revenues jumped 25%. Progressive liberal hate for Trump has been beddy beddy gewd to Dem.

They still haven't been able to crack 1.8B over the last 3 years. Even with their move to online subscriptions. It's an important metric to have revenues lower by 35% than 15 years ago. When Trump goes their revenue will plummet unless another Pub is elected after him.

Maybe that's why they're trying so hard to lose 2020.

Old Today, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Well, they are not doing a very good job of it. Almost the Gillette of the publishing industry.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ew-york-times/

Old Today, 03:47 PM

4,729 posts, read 3,665,302 times
Quote:
The job of the National Inquirer is to sell newspapers. The NYT used to be somewhat interesting and informative, but no longer. Partisan Dem and SJWs hacks have hijacked this paper.

Old Today, 03:49 PM

4,729 posts, read 3,665,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think that many of the NYT staff need to find other jobs, starting with whoever makes the hiring decisions. Anyone remember Sarah Jeong? https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45052534
Well, it was against ''white people'' so it's perfectly fine. The NYT staff are what Lenin would call ''useful idiots."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or