U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:16 PM

7,196 posts, read 4,070,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth because you want to seem "above the fray", when instead you don't seem any less partisan than most of the people here.

No, I have not let party affiliation affect me in the past (Over some 40 plus years)because I voted for the candidate and the person, not some party that they are associated with...until things start to change, I am not sure that I could do that any more. The Republicans have a lot to answer for with their recent history in the Trump era. Just my humble opinion.
And I am Lily white, so there goes the theory that people will only vote race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:16 PM

18,449 posts, read 11,277,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
As a white person I could never see myself voting for the GOP unless they change their stances on a plethora of issues...such as gay rights, universal healthcare, and their denial of climate change to just to name a few.
That's another one, the environment. Trump's Environmental Polluting Agency is becoming a plague on the nation at the behest of the GOP. I don't see anyway this white would support that.

Old Today, 10:20 PM

1,807 posts, read 614,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
No, I have not let party affiliation affect me in the past (Over some 40 plus years)because I voted for the candidate and the person, not some party that they are associated with...until things start to change, I am not sure that I could do that any more. The Republicans have a lot to answer for with their recent history in the Trump era. Just my humble opinion.
And I am Lily white, so there goes the theory that people will only vote race.
If you have been voting for 40 plus years, it's statistically unlikely you will still be voting in 20, so that diminishes the value of your anecdata.

Old Today, 10:21 PM

12,792 posts, read 3,979,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That's another one, the environment. Trump's Environmental Polluting Agency is becoming a plague on the nation at the behest of the GOP. I don't see anyway this white would support that.
But you indirectly support it by not opposing open borders leading to continuous population growth=pollution.

Old Today, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But you indirectly support it by not opposing open borders leading to continuous population growth=pollution.
They are still on the earth and that has nothing to do with the environmental destruction caused by Trump's EPA.

Old Today, 10:24 PM

7,196 posts, read 4,070,483 times
Quote:
If you have been voting for 40 plus years, it's statistically unlikely you will still be voting in 20, so that diminishes the value of your anecdata.

Yes, I will be 81, so more than likely I will be dead (especially considering the declining Mortality rate in America the last few years and the possible ill effects of Global warming on the health) but I have had multiple ancestors who had write ups in the papers that lived to be over 100.

Statistically unlikely or not, My Mother is in her eighties and she still manages to get out and vote.

So you never know.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; Today at 10:37 PM..

Old Today, 10:26 PM

12,792 posts, read 3,979,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
They are still on the earth and that has nothing to do with the environmental destruction caused by Trump's EPA.
But they don't have to here living our high consumption lifestyle increasing pollution and destruction of the environment here.

Old Today, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But they don't have to here living our high consumption lifestyle increasing pollution and destruction of the environment here.
Hahha so blame the immigrants for pollution while Trump's Environmental Polluting Agency is removing every environmental protection they can at record speed? Those darn immigrants!

Old Today, 10:33 PM

1,807 posts, read 614,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Yes, I will be 81, so more than likely I will be dead (especially considering the declining Mortality rate in America the last few years and the possible ill effects of Global warming on the health) but I have had multiple ancestors who had write ups in the papers that lived to be over 100. So you never know.
Here's my anecdata:

I am an upper middle class urban white with a graduate degree in my late 30s, so based on my demographic profile I should be pulling the blue lever with great devotion every two years.

Well, something funny happened on the way to the polling booth. And most of it had to do with being demonized by the left.

Old Today, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Here's my anecdata:

I am an upper middle class urban white with a graduate degree in my late 30s, so based on my demographic profile I should be pulling the blue lever with great devotion every two years.

Well, something funny happened on the way to the polling booth. And most of it had to do with being demonized by the left.
Hahha okay, well this college educated white does not see the demonization. I find the white victimhood laughable so everyone is going to have their own perception. So much for the racial voting bloc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or