U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

1,819 posts, read 615,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Not a Democrat...agree with this though. Almost all threads on here devolve into useless racial arguments...many tired of it.
If you dislike racial foodfights you're going to really hate the future!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM

193 posts, read 39,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Sounds like Hitler and the holocaust again the way you're talking.

Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM

48,866 posts, read 45,857,531 times
Quote:
This country has always been divided along racial and political lines. Bleeding Kansas, The Civil War, Jim Crow, massive amount of race riots that occurred in just the 20th century (it's happened in the 19th century too), the internment of Japanese-Americans, the fact that the Dixiecrats got a sizable amount of votes in the South, I can go on. America has been divided from day one.

Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM

1,819 posts, read 615,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This country has always been divided along racial and political lines. Bleeding Kansas, The Civil War, Jim Crow, massive amount of race riots that occurred in just the 20th century (it's happened in the 19th century too), the internment of Japanese-Americans, the fact that the Dixiecrats got a sizable amount of votes in the South, I can go on. America has been divided from day one.
I agree with this, and also think any characterization of racial arguments as "useless" is silly considering how central race is to politics.

Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM

12,803 posts, read 3,985,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Sounds like Hitler and the holocaust again the way you're talking.
It does the way those on the left are talking and acting. Beating up Trump supporters in the streets.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

People have voted based on their race in the past. It's nothing new. At one time, the Democratic Party was the white man's party in the South. The few Blacks that could vote, they voted Republican in the early 20th century. And then Herbert Hoover, a Republican, turned his back on Blacks. He broke political alliances with them. Why? He wanted support from the South. And what better way to garner the southern white vote back in the late 1920s than to be perceived as anti-Black?

In the 1960s, racial voting blocs took on a whole new meaning. More Blacks started voting Democrat as a result of Lyndon Johnson's Civil Right Act (Barry Goldwater didn't support it). Richard Nixon made an attempt to make inroads in the South by taking advantage of resentment towards Blacks. He used dog whistle terms like "busing". He lost in several southern states, but not to the Democrats. He lost to George Wallace, member of the American Independent Party. He was blunt about being in favor of segregation. He garnered support from those who resented that Blacks could vote.

Racial bloc voting is nothing new.

Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM

Quote:
I agree with this, and also think any characterization of racial arguments as "useless" is silly considering how central race is to politics.
I just look at this based on history. Many people are voting based on who they think will look out for their race or their group. There is a history of doing this. And it isn't very recent. The "Know Nothings" are an example of this.

Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM

12,803 posts, read 3,985,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I just look at this based on history. Many people are voting based on who they think will look out for their race or their group. There is a history of doing this. And it isn't very recent. The "Know Nothings" are an example of this.
But how can one party look out for every race and group? You might think the democrats are looking out for you as a black person. I don't see it. I see them now just looking out for illegals and immigration. But the democrats had to sacrifice someone and make someone the bad guy and they decided they could afford to do it to whites. And white liberals are allowing it to happen.

Old Today, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But how can one party look out for every race and group? You might think the democrats are looking out for you as a black person. I don't see it. I see them now just looking out for illegals and immigration. But the democrats had to sacrifice someone and make someone the bad guy and they decided they could afford to do it to whites. And white liberals are allowing it to happen.
A party is suppose to look out for all of the persons in this country. When you are President of the USA, you are suppose to be looking out for everyone, not just one particular group.

If the Democrats aren't doing that much for Blacks, then explain to me how the GOP is doing any better. I'm not seein the GOP looking out for Blacks at all.

Old Today, 12:26 AM

193 posts, read 39,689 times
So much devolves into a racial stuff on here. Alt rights looking to fomemt nationalist tribalism and a race war. Not going to happen. Diversity and equality will though and there is nothing that will stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or