U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

30,258 posts, read 16,805,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Most people are Independents like me. I've voted for Democrats and Republicans but Democrats have been turning up the crazy so much over the past few years that I don't think that I could ever vote for them again unless they start talking about reality again.
But the party who literally elected a reality tv star is the one you gravitate toward. Makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,684,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
But the party who literally elected a reality tv star is the one you gravitate toward. Makes sense.
Democrats nominated Hillary Clinton, an openly corrupt, opportunistic warmonger. She bragged about wanting to start wars with Iran. She cackled about killing Qaddafi during the war she helped instigate. She was a terrible choice for president. Democrats should blame themselves for Trump winning. Clinton was the worse choice.

Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,969,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Anyone who doesn't think in 20 years that the 50% white electorate will mostly vote Republican and the 50% non-white electorate will mostly vote Democratic has their head in the sand. There will be outliers in either party who don't fit the race pattern, but most of the votes will come from racial blocs.

For some not insignificant part of either faction, their vote will be determined by race. For most, it will be a factor which is correlated with other factors such as socio-economic status and cultural values.

I actually dread this outcome but don't see a way around it. It's surely an ugly way to debate national politics. For decades, "individual policy preferences vs group identity" was the leaven that kept American politics above banana republic level.

This change will mostly come about from white voters acting as a bloc, whereas in the past they were somewhat evenly divided between the two parties. This shift will be driven by declining white electoral size relative to non-whites, and the policy changes in both parties as a result.

Democrats will eject whites with policy changes, and Republicans will pick them up with policy changes. The latter step is necessary to prevent the voter from not voting at all.

Non-whites have been bloc voting for decades, and whites did not follow suit because they were in a position of strength and could afford the luxury of voting for other reasons. That is already changing however.
That's what political analysts have long stated.

Once whites become a minority Republicans will likely never win another Presidential election again.

Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Your thinking is way too Partisan. And racist.
I don't vote for people on basis of the R or D they have besides their name.
That being said if trends continue in the current fashion, I may not ever vote

for a Republican again.

They have thrown out the things that I liked about them most to begin with (smaller Government, Less government interference in peoples lives, balanced budget, fiscally conservative)And They seem to have been taken over by the crazies in their party, who seem racist, biased, paranoid and longing to live back in another century of time.

And you can scream that I am just a Liberal or biased, blah blah, blah blah, but yet I was a Republican from 1976 - 2016.
You and a good percentage of White people might think that way.

However minority voters don't. And the statistics prove it.=

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
They are still on the earth and that has nothing to do with the environmental destruction caused by Trump's EPA.
Historically environmental groups opposed immigration. Considering habitat loss is a major reason for species decline.

It is why green parties in Europe are called watermelons.

Green on the outside but red (Marxists) on the inside lol.

And whites tend to care more about environmental issues than minorities do.

Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Agree. It's common for urban liberals (white plus non-white) to claim it's urban against rural conservatives (white). But there's clear indications it increasing urban non-white liberals against white urban liberals and white rural conservatives. White liberals just don't seem to notice yet.
Many leftists have openly proclaimed that the decline of white Americans is a great thing for future political success. I have seen this on liberal sites and forums.

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM

477 posts, read 98,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
That's what political analysts have long stated.

Once whites become a minority Republicans will likely never win another Presidential election again.
And then you get radicalization.

And then you get a civil war.

Dunno what'll set it off, but the pressure will go up over time.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
And then you get radicalization.

And then you get a civil war.

Dunno what'll set it off, but the pressure will go up over time.
Sad to say but it's inevitable.

It is a reason why multicultural societies have failed in the long run. They can no longer unite around a common identity.

Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM

12,836 posts, read 3,990,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Many leftists have openly proclaimed that the decline of white Americans is a great thing for future political success. I have seen this on liberal sites and forums.
White leftist think they are leftist first and white second. Not to the diversity left in the US. They are white and unliked too period. I'm sure the country will always mostly be in the ultimate control of elite whites, but just being a white liberal voter will not make you one of them under their protection. It never really had before and it won' t in the future.

Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM

9,105 posts, read 2,586,311 times
As a free thinker I would never commit myself to either party just to belong to a party. Nor would I give my unconditional support to either party. I refuse to drink the kool aid regardless of flavor.

Look at the hard liners on this forum. Change a few names and their posts are identical. Only they refuse to see the obvious. The problem with our system is people put party before country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or