U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM

10,980 posts, read 4,526,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
That's what political analysts have long stated.

Once whites become a minority Republicans will likely never win another Presidential election again.
...assuming the current Dem coalition can be maintained forever but that's doubtful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM

477 posts, read 98,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
...assuming the current Dem coalition can be maintained forever but that's doubtful.
It really is worth considering the future of that coalition.

California is a nice Petri dish for this kind of thing. Now that it's a single party state, there has to be tension within the California Democratic party to fission in some way, the 'Top Two' system in state offices is a good example of that pressure making it's way forward.

One argument you can make is for there to be a Latino and an everyone else party given the successful Reconquista going on. I think of that as being more likely than a 'conservative' and a 'liberal' Democratic split or a purely geographical one. A Latino split-off is a strong possibility (I think) given that it includes one of the most important aspects, language.

Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

1,828 posts, read 618,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post

California is a nice Petri dish for this kind of thing. Now that it's a single party state, there has to be tension within the California Democratic party to fission in some way, the 'Top Two' system in state offices is a good example of that pressure making it's way forward.

One argument you can make is for there to be a Latino and an everyone else party given the successful Reconquista going on. I think of that as being more likely than a 'conservative' and a 'liberal' Democratic split or a purely geographical one.
I agree. Blood is thicker than ideology.

Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM

12,836 posts, read 3,990,443 times
Why don't we just stop the root of all this, open borders and mass, global immigration?

Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why don't we just stop the root of all this, open borders and mass, global immigration?
Easier said than done, but IMO worth trying.

I have hired contractors to do work for several years. The white guys overcharged for subpar work. The Hispanics undercharged for good work. You can shout about the unfairness of it all until you are blue in the face, but if you can't compete you're toast. Protectionism should only be seen as a bridge to encourage better behaviors and more self-reliance. It is not a permanent solution.

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

477 posts, read 98,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because Western Civilization is in it's senescence.

It was a good run though.

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Easier said than done, but IMO worth trying.

I have hired contractors to do work for several years. The white guys overcharged for subpar work. The Hispanics undercharged for good work. You can shout about the unfairness of it all until you are blue in the face, but if you can't compete you're toast. Protectionism should only be seen as a bridge to encourage better behaviors and more self-reliance. It is not a permanent solution.
The illegals probably have ran the good white contractors out of business.

What developed 1st world country has immigration and naturalization laws like in the US and doesn't even enforce laws against illegal entry and overstay but rewards it? We don't need open borders, birthright citizenship to those who are counter voters and counter culture just for the sole benefit some people can't get cheap illegal labor.

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM

Quote:

It's not a senescence really though. It is a planned and enforced event. Who would have such a motive? It has something to do with WWII I'll bet you.

Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Quote:

We have a bias towards declinism because the failings in our own civilization are in our face every day.

The biggest worldwide trend no one is talking about is the global fall of birthrates. Birthrates are falling everywhere.

The west is in a tricky position now because our birthrates declined first (along with developed east Asia), so we are exposed to migration pressures. However this is a temporary state as the entire world converges on sub-replacement birth rates.

No one knows how AI and robotics will play out. The first movers will have an advantage that may be comparable to the first industrial revolution. In other words, become the workshop of the world without any workers...

I'm comforted by my observation that however bad it is here, it's always worse everywhere else. Other countries are just better at masking things.

Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM

10,980 posts, read 4,526,728 times
Quote:

One argument you can make is for there to be a Latino and an everyone else party given the successful Reconquista going on. I think of that as being more likely than a 'conservative' and a 'liberal' Democratic split or a purely geographical one. A Latino split-off is a strong possibility (I think) given that it includes one of the most important aspects, language.
Makes sense... blacks, white leftists, and their issues dominate the Democratic Party at the national level. When Latinos become a plurality of Dem voters, that may become very difficult to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or