Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 09:48 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times

Advertisements

The OP seems to assume that everyone votes purely their own self-interest. One reason I have admired the Kennedys (JFK and RFK) is that, even though they were wealthy and white, they fought for the poor and for minorities. If whites become the minority, I won't suddenly become an anti-immigrant racist. I hope the majority of Americans would vote for the common good and not be factionalized by race.

Conservatives often accuse liberals of being naive do-gooders. I guess I'd rather be called naive than cold-hearted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 09:56 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes, by appealing to anti-white, anti-majority tendencies inherent with the non-white identities.
That's a pile of crapola! I have never heard any inherent "anti-white" sentiment from minorities, unless you want to go to Black Panther-type extremists. Please enlighten us with some examples.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:47 AM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
...My own feeling is that classical Western culture began augering in with WWI. ...
Definitely true! WW1 was catastrophic for Western optimism and European prosperity in particular. We forget today, that before 1914, European influence worldwide was overwhelming, and America, though prosperous, was a second-rate player. The resulting crisis was about West vs. East, Us vs. Them. It was a philosophical crisis, of the nature of individuals vs. governments, objective vs. subjective facts, the moral implications of science and technology. And it happened first, precisely in the most developed nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Education blocks are more telling then racial ones....and economic also. But it just so happens....that some align with the other.
Indeed, one of the most reliably Democratic blocs in recent times, has been people with PhDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Makes sense... blacks, white leftists, and their issues dominate the Democratic Party at the national level. When Latinos become a plurality of Dem voters, that may become very difficult to take.
From my vantage point, the current party division over immigration, is temporary. The enduring division will be cultural. Even today, we see as one of the biggest predictors of party-allegiance, at least among whites, the level of religiosity. Secular people – rich or poor, hippie or yuppie, well-educated or not, Coastal or Heartland – are gravitating towards the Democratic party. Actively religious people are going Republican. If Latinos remain traditionally Christian, they’re likely to eventually go Republican, as they establish themselves and lose their Latin cultural identity, without losing the Christian one.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:55 AM

4,904 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's a pile of crapola! I have never heard any inherent "anti-white" sentiment from minorities, unless you want to go to Black Panther-type extremists. Please enlighten us with some examples.
I certainly have, both online and in IRL as an Asian American.

Many of the past Asian American forums from the past few decases (which were largely un-moderated and are no longer around) was often VIRULENTLY anti-white and anti-American. The most vocal people being young Asian American men (for obvious reasons). If you didn't know that it wasn't an Asian American forum, you'd be hard-pressed to distinguish it from the Black Panthers or Black Lives Matter lmao.

It was often so bad that I had to take a long break from reading them as it was so depressing

And this is from a community often lionized by conservatives as the "model minority"

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 08-19-2019 at 11:11 AM..

Old 08-19-2019, 10:57 AM

4,904 posts, read 3,361,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post

From my vantage point, the current party division over immigration, is temporary. The enduring division will be cultural. Even today, we see as one of the biggest predictors of party-allegiance, at least among whites, the level of religiosity. Secular people – rich or poor, hippie or yuppie, well-educated or not, Coastal or Heartland – are gravitating towards the Democratic party. Actively religious people are going Republican. If Latinos remain traditionally Christian, they’re likely to eventually go Republican, as they establish themselves and lose their Latin cultural identity, without losing the Christian one.
The only problem is that we haven't really seen this happen with the Latino community as of yet.

And with the continual numbers of both legal and illegal immigrants from south of the border, this may never come to pass...

Old 08-19-2019, 11:08 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I stupidly thought Republicans really were obsessed with the deficit, even during a recession. Seeing the GOP now has been a huge eye opener. Never ever ever again will I believe their machinations against a Democratic president are based on true belief. After this, I will KNOW it is political and nothing more. They will never be able to make that claim again. Tax cuts for a trillion dollar debt increase? These are extremely dishonest people in spite of their religious claims.
you were never voting for a republican who are you trying to kid.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:16 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Don't gaslight. You never heard white privilege, white supremacy, white racism, whites 'stole' the land, it was never their country etc, a white majority is just bad and wrong, and being blamed for just about every complaint under the sun? You might not think so but those are anti-white sentiments with nothing pro-white or even neutral about them.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:26 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Definitely true! WW1 was catastrophic for Western optimism and European prosperity in particular. We forget today, that before 1914, European influence worldwide was overwhelming, and America, though prosperous, was a second-rate player. The resulting crisis was about West vs. East, Us vs. Them. It was a philosophical crisis, of the nature of individuals vs. governments, objective vs. subjective facts, the moral implications of science and technology. And it happened first, precisely in the most developed nations.

Indeed, one of the most reliably Democratic blocs in recent times, has been people with PhDs.

Catholics mindset is less social Darwinian and more communitarian than those of mainstream American Christianity. I do not see latino catholics agreeing on many issues with protestant America. An anti catholic campaign is a must to convert critical numbers of latinos, perhaps then..but unlikely since American protestantism is very good at segregation, racial, social, economic, etc., etc., etc.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:28 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post

Many of the past Asian American forums from the past few decases (which were largely un-moderated and are no longer around) was often VIRULENTLY anti-white and anti-American. The most vocal people being young Asian American men (for obvious reasons). If you didn't know that it wasn't an Asian American forum, you'd be hard-pressed to distinguish it from the Black Panthers or Black Lives Matter lmao.

It was often so bad that I had to take a long break from reading them as it was so depressing

And this is from a community often lionized by conservatives as the "model minority"
That's a slam dunk I think. And everyone makes out white separatist and white nationalist as the only bad guys for simply recognizing that other groups are just incompatible and dislike whites and America lol. The democrat's rhetoric and policies makes it clear they are pandering to the anti-white, anti-American voter.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:49 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post

American popular mind equates Asians with with wealth - the most American thing imaginable and yet American society denies Asians full integration, they must self-segregate for some sort of human connection. Americans grew up to be almost a separate human specie, alien to the outsiders from less atomized worlds. It takes many many years if not generations to get used to it, anger and spite are the normal part of accepting that you've been duped on many levels, and at the end it is your fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies