U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM

1,397 posts, read 716,807 times

Advertisements

CEO salary increases may or may not be symptoms of an improved economy; minimum wage rate's increased purchasing power actually improves an economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:04 AM

30,210 posts, read 16,660,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
CEO salary increases may or may not be symptoms of an improved economy; minimum wage rate's increased purchasing power actually improves an economy.
Are you confusing an increase in the min.wage with a dollar being able to purchase more?

Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM

1,397 posts, read 716,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Are you confusing an increase in the min.wage with a dollar being able to purchase more?
Frank DeForrest, no; due to inflation, the U.S. dollar purchases less.

The federal minimum wage rate is not among the primary causes of the USA dollar's inflation. The minimum wage rate is less a cause and more a victim of that inflation. Every increase of the minimum wage rate increases its purchasing power more than otherwise.

Due to increases of the federal minimum wage rate and the concepts of wage differentials, USA's median wage, and the aggregate of all lower, and no less than the majority of middle-wage earners annual incomes' purchasing powers increase more than otherwise.

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

35,543 posts, read 19,520,617 times
Talking Trumplings will be Trumplings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"to post about ME", made it about YOU.

AW, don't like it when someone points out your hypocrisy, I see!
I like it when my little bits of wit get you Trumplings all flustered.

And your only comeback is to post about ME.

You have plenty of company in that regard.

You boys can't help yourselves.

Carry on.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

20,203 posts, read 14,393,338 times
Quote:
Then show us the evidence to support your false claim.

Quote:
Frank DeForrest, no; due to inflation, the U.S. dollar purchases less.

The federal minimum wage rate is not among the primary causes of the USA dollar's inflation. The minimum wage rate is less a cause and more a victim of that inflation.
You don't understand Inflation, so you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

The word "Inflation" probably sounds pretty to you, and you probably think it makes you feel important when you say it, but you don't understand it, just like you don't understand Economics.

There are different forms of Inflation. Each form of Inflation has a unique cause.

Precisely because each form of Inflation has a unique cause, it also has unique a solution(s).

Since 1990, total Inflation is 98%. That 98% breaks down like this:

11% Monetary Inflation
18% Cost-Push Inflation
69% Demand-pull Inflation
------------------------------
98% Total Inflation

The Federal Reserve is responsible for Monetary Inflation, but you are responsible for Cost-push Inflation and Demand-pull Inflation. The Federal Reserve can neither cause Demand-pull Inflation nor stop it

The Laws of Economics are inviolable. You violate the Laws of Economics and you get punished. It's that simple. You don't get punished in a court, you get punished economically.

Demand-pull Inflation is your punishment for over-consuming goods, services and resources; for over-using goods, services and resources; and for depleting goods, services and resources.

If you don't want to be punished, then stop consuming. A 5-year old can grasp the concept.

You're not entitled to consume anything. If you can't afford it, then you need to seek substitutes or do without.

Tying minimum wage or any wage to Inflation is the stupidest thing ever, because all you do is cause price increases and more than that, you increase the amount and frequency of the price increases.

So, instead of increasing $0.50/year it's now increasing $1/year and then $1 every 3-4 months and when all is said and done you've failed miserably because you're right back where you started.

This is a game you can never win. Not ever.

Old Today, 04:52 AM

37,797 posts, read 16,367,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I like it when my little bits of wit get you Trumplings all flustered.

And your only comeback is to post about ME.

You have plenty of company in that regard.

You boys can't help yourselves.

Carry on.

"I like it when my little bits of wit get you Trumplings all flustered." In your dreams. You disillusion claim prove it.

Old Today, 05:56 AM

35,543 posts, read 19,520,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I like it when my little bits of wit get you Trumplings all flustered." In your dreams. You disillusion claim prove it.
Your post is ample evidence.

Maybe we should call it OGDS.

A common malady among the Trumpling right.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or