U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,452 posts, read 14,183,817 times
Reputation: 6570

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Its magnitude.

pull-EEZ!

It's the corporatists desperate to exploit the wage-slave Red Chinese labor force that put those jobs in China, in order to avoid paying American workers.

And the so-called "American" corporations that did so agreed to China's terms. Now, they're whining about it.

Sad...

its the globalists (liberals)...globalism is part of socialism
Quote:
Lenin in 1916 proclaimed:

"The aim of socialism is not only to abolish the present division of mankind into smaller states and all-national isolation, not only to bring the nations closer to each other, but also to merge them."


globalism (liberalism) is socialism
socialists don't want borders, they want a global economy, one world order


Zbigniew Brzezinski liberal (socialist) mentor to Carter, Bush1, clinton, cheney, and Obama
Quote:
"We cannot leap into the one world government through one quick step.... The precondition for eventual and genuine globalization is progressive regionalization because by that we move toward larger, more stable, more cooperative units."

Liberals wanting a North American Union...like the European Union

"...in Brzezinski's BETWEEN TWO AGES (1970), he praised Marxism, and he claimed that "the nation-state is gradually yielding its sovereignty."

"This is a form of Socialism known as fascism, and it will be the type of world government the power elite plans ultimately to bring about and control. In this government, the power elite will control politicians who will become government leaders who will promulgate laws, rules and regulations favorable to certain transnational corporations/governments" ZB






================================================== ==


as to the "American Corporations"


why is Apple (an American company (a very liberal company)) manufacturing all its products in china, and not the Silicon Valley???? why should apple be allowed to import its foreign made products into the USA for free??? why is Apple screwing Americans, selling phones at $700+ a pop, while they are making them for 80 cents by paying slave wages to Chinese and not American wages to Americans??






I, and most educated Americans, want the iPhone/ipad made in America,... Apple is an American company, it should be making its product here, using an American workforce, made by Americans, for Americans @ American wages


that is the point of these tariffs, to reverse the outsourcing from the globalist liberal policies of "freetrade"


the key to these tariffs, not the country of origin, but that American companies have outsourced our labor force


why should GE (an American company HQ'd in Boston (a liberal company too)) make all its alarm clocks etc in Mexico and Malaysia???
think about it
median USA hourly wage is 23-25/hr
median Mexico wage 160/week

and you wonder why GE makes all its alarm clocks in Mexico.... and PAYS ZERO to import them to the USA... do you think that is really fair??




why should GM (an American company HQ'd in Detroit, MI) make all its vehicles in Mexico???
think about it
GM assembly plant average hourly wage USA hourly wage is 45/hr
median Mexico wage 160/week

and you wonder why GM moved its assembly plants to Mexico.... and PAYS ZERO to import them to the USA... do you think that is really fair??




why should Apple (an American company HQ'd in Cupertino, California, ) make all its iphones, ipads, etc in china
think about it
median USA hourly wage is 23-25/hr
median china wage 228/week

and you wonder why Apple makes all its electronics in China and not the Silicon Valley.... and PAYS ZERO to import them to the USA... do you think that is really fair??




trump is trying to fix the screwup of the globalist liberals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-21-2019, 10:07 AM
 
3,999 posts, read 3,305,078 times
Reputation: 11625
[quote=workingclasshero;55988258]its the globalists (liberals)...globalism is part of socialism



globalism (liberalism) is socialism
socialists don't want borders, they want a global economy, one world order


Substitute the word, "corporatism," in place of "globalism," and the true picture emerges. The sorry part of that truth lies in the fact that BOTH political parties in America support the spread of worldwide US corporatism. The old saying, "socialize the cost, and privatize the profits," should suffice as another kind of truth about the way in which some attempts at socialism have been advanced by both parties.

At any rate this certainly isn't about liberals and conservatives. If there is to be a "one world order" do you really think the world's largest corporations won't be sitting at the head of that construct?? Turn off the bluster radio and look at this through your own eyes, no black helicopters, no men in black, just the same old players throughout history, those on top VS those on the lower rungs, money IS power, follow the money....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Texas
35,543 posts, read 19,520,617 times
Reputation: 21163
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
its the globalists (liberals)...globalism is part of socialism
pffft!

Ridiculous.

It's about corporate profits. It's ALWAYS about corporate profits.
Quote:

================================================== ==


as to the "American Corporations"


why is Apple (an American company (a very liberal company)) manufacturing all its products in china, and not the Silicon Valley???? why should apple be allowed to import its foreign made products into the USA for free??? why is Apple screwing Americans, selling phones at $700+ a pop, while they are making them for 80 cents by paying slave wages to Chinese and not American wages to Americans??






I, and most educated Americans, want the iPhone/ipad made in America,... Apple is an American company, it should be making its product here, using an American workforce, made by Americans, for Americans @ American wages


that is the point of these tariffs, to reverse the outsourcing from the globalist liberal policies of "freetrade"


the key to these tariffs, not the country of origin, but that American companies have outsourced our labor force


why should GE (an American company HQ'd in Boston (a liberal company too)) make all its alarm clocks etc in Mexico and Malaysia???
think about it
median USA hourly wage is 23-25/hr
median Mexico wage 160/week

and you wonder why GE makes all its alarm clocks in Mexico.... and PAYS ZERO to import them to the USA... do you think that is really fair??




why should GM (an American company HQ'd in Detroit, MI) make all its vehicles in Mexico???
think about it
GM assembly plant average hourly wage USA hourly wage is 45/hr
median Mexico wage 160/week

and you wonder why GM moved its assembly plants to Mexico.... and PAYS ZERO to import them to the USA... do you think that is really fair??




why should Apple (an American company HQ'd in Cupertino, California, ) make all its iphones, ipads, etc in china
think about it
median USA hourly wage is 23-25/hr
median china wage 228/week

and you wonder why Apple makes all its electronics in China and not the Silicon Valley.... and PAYS ZERO to import them to the USA... do you think that is really fair??
They're ALL corporate entities looking only at the bottom line and executive bonuses.


Quote:

trump is trying to fix the screwup of the globalist liberals
tRump can't find his butt with both hands.

Yet, his Trumpling followers swallow each and every lie like it was ice cream.

Sad, but amusing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 01:14 PM
 
16,242 posts, read 4,282,927 times
Reputation: 11461
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

why should Apple (an American company HQ'd in Cupertino, California, ) make all its iphones, ipads, etc in china
think about it
median USA hourly wage is 23-25/hr
median china wage 228/week

and you wonder why Apple makes all its electronics in China and not the Silicon Valley.... and PAYS ZERO to import them to the USA... do you think that is really fair??

trump is trying to fix the screwup of the globalist liberals
1. Trump is not going to fix anything - as you know, all his stuff was made overseas, his customers for his condos are usually foreigners AND his money (according to his Son) currently comes mostly from Russians.

2. As you well know, the places where an iPhone factory might be set up here pay $10 an hour (Florida/Texas, etc.).....which isn't all that different from 228 (and rising quickly) in China. The Labor in the iPhone is less than $8, so whether it is $7 or $12 doesn't really matter much.

3. An iPhone cost Apple $250 and sells for $900 or so...most of that profit is to Apple and the VERY highly paid employees, contractors and shareholder here.
Yet you are concerned with the $5 in labor? That takes a special kind of "economic" theory.

4. For decades AMERICAN COMPANIES moved their production from New England to the rural South. Why?
(Answer - to screw the workers up in New England who didn't like child labor and 60 hour weeks).....

Trump is incapable of doing anything...you are just inserting onto his clown character what you desire to hear and think.

You need to brush up on your history and economics. Jobs moved down South in this country screwed millions of Americans - does your "anti-globalists" agenda help them? Of course not!

Dollars to donuts you aren't big in Unions, Universal Health Care or Pensions and Benefits....just a guess. Who cares if some American (who doesn't want to be there!) works on an assembly line.

You still haven't gotten the memo that "Globalism" has been very active for 400 years and somewhat active for many many centuries before that. Ever heard of the Silk Road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2019, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Ohio
20,203 posts, read 14,393,338 times
Reputation: 16417
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Zbigniew Brzezinski liberal (socialist) mentor to Carter, Bush1, clinton, cheney, and Obama
Quote:
"We cannot leap into the one world government through one quick step.... The precondition for eventual and genuine globalization is progressive regionalization because by that we move toward larger, more stable, more cooperative units."
Actually, Brzezinski is a Neo-Con, but Neo-Cons are socialist.

That's why Irving Kristol the Neo-Con Leader wrote "Two Cheers for Capitalism" because Neo-Cons don't like Capitalism. It's also why Neo-Con economic guru Daniel Bell wrote "The Cultural Contradictions of Capitalism" among other works deriding Capitalism.

The thing about Neo-Cons is they do like Capitalism, they just want it controlled by non-government entities.

They also like the Soviet-stye Command Economic System.

Remember, you can pair any Property Theory with any Economic System.

You can have Capitalism with a Command Economic System, just like you can have Capitalism with a Traditional Economic System. That's what the British found when they came into sub-Saharan Africa in the 1880s: Capitalist Property Theory with a Traditional Economic System and the governmental system was an Anarcho-Syndicate.

You still have about 2 Billion people in the Traditional Economic System, mostly in Central Asia, Southwest Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, sub-Saharan Africa and South America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM
 
37,797 posts, read 16,367,633 times
Reputation: 8569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I come here to discuss politics and politicians.

Angry threatened Trumplings come here to post about ME.

Carry on.


"to post about ME", made it about YOU.

AW, don't like it when someone points out your hypocrisy, I see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM
 
37,797 posts, read 16,367,633 times
Reputation: 8569
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
thousands of small businesses are facing situations like this:





this is just one example of what will happen, if we try raising the min wage anymore



as to raising it to a federal 15/hr remember this about raising a min wage and how it effect/affect other things
and let's not forget the COST of raising it to 15...those workers are NOT going to see much of a raise....

it also increases the taxes on EVERYONE who fell in that zone
increase of income taxes
increase of payroll taxes
loss/reduction of ACA/Medicaid health care subsidies
increase cost of health premiums
increase of state income taxes (if any)
loss/reduction of social benefits such as welfare/food stamps
increase on the prices of EVERYTHING


so possibly half of that raise magically disappears into the pockets of the politicians


the problem with all the fools shouting raise the min wage, is they don't see the big picture
And many unions in the construction field and public unions get a raise when the minimum raised if they have people working at that level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:10 AM
 
37,797 posts, read 16,367,633 times
Reputation: 8569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I didn't word my post well, I'm talking about a geographic adjustment meaning that a national federal wage sufficient for NYC is grossly excessive for small town Iowa. I believe that's possibly intentional just to create a wedge issue.
"I'm talking about a geographic adjustment"

Even the fed govt recognizes this by having "locality pay" adjustments for fed employees around the country.

Which is why a national minimum wage is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:19 AM
 
37,797 posts, read 16,367,633 times
Reputation: 8569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
pffft!

Ridiculous.

It's about corporate profits. It's ALWAYS about corporate profits.They're ALL corporate entities looking only at the bottom line and executive bonuses.


tRump can't find his butt with both hands.

Yet, his Trumpling followers swallow each and every lie like it was ice cream.

Sad, but amusing.

"It's about corporate profits. It's ALWAYS about corporate profits."
And what happens when company has NO profits?

It is about COMPETITION and survival. If company A makes a product and had it made elsewhere it will cost LESS then if made here.

Company B competing in the same field CANNOT sell the same product here because Americans WANT THE CHEAPEST PRICES. This how K-Mart overtook Sears as the no.1 retailer in the country, by selling a LOT of cheap stuff.

"tRump can't find his butt with both hands." Yet he is a BILLIONAIRE!

Your TDS is showing for ALL to see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM
 
1,397 posts, read 716,807 times
Reputation: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I'm talking about a geographic adjustment"

Even the fed govt recognizes this by having "locality pay" adjustments for fed employees around the country.

Which is why a national minimum wage is ridiculous.
Mathguy & Quick Enough:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
The Federal Minimum Wage Rate.

The federal minimum wage rate is a minimum rate. States may, and many have enacted a higher minimum within their own jurisdiction.

Delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention determined a federal law was necessary for reducing the economic harm that a U.S. State may deliberately or inadvertently inflict upon any other State, particularly an adjoining state.
The constitution's commerce clause was enabled by delegates from wealthier states agreeing to sacrifice their own states' advantages. Without such compromises, the constitution would not have been ratified and our nation might not have survived to this day. That compromise is no less needed now, as it was in 1787.

If there's no definite legally enforced minimum wage rate, the effective minimum rate's an indefinite theoretical market-determined rate that may and likely will, (in the absence of labor shortages), too often race down to an “extremely poor bottom”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top