Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 09:09 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times

Advertisements

Thanks to a series of idiot Governors who value indigent diseased illegals more than successful millionaires and those who contribute to society, we are now descending into a blue craphole. Hard to believe Ca was once the golden state in the 60's with the best roads and schools and conservative leadership. We now have cities that are fighting disease and rat infestations and feces in the streets. The same things faced by third world backward countries. It continues to look grim as the "free handout party" of corrupt DEMS get voted in year after year.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:57 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Hard to believe Ca was once the golden state in the 60's with the best roads and schools and conservative leadership.
What made California great was leaders like Pat Brown (Democratic Governor from 1959 to 1967). As governor, Brown embarked on building important infrastructure and redefining the state's higher education system including his seminal Master Plan for Higher Education.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califo...gher_Education

Something tells me you've never been to a third world country...but go ahead and tell yourself whatever you want to believe.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:41 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Thanks to a series of idiot Governors who value indigent diseased illegals more than successful millionaires and those who contribute to society, we are now descending into a blue craphole. Hard to believe Ca was once the golden state in the 60's with the best roads and schools and conservative leadership. We now have cities that are fighting disease and rat infestations and feces in the streets. The same things faced by third world backward countries. It continues to look grim as the "free handout party" of corrupt DEMS get voted in year after year.
And, this is the Democrats' plan for the rest of the country. Their long-term goal of importing millions to pack their voter rolls is working.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:45 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
That would be a third-world state with the highest GDP in the country - - and sixth highest in the world?

The other 49 states should have such idiot governors - - maybe they wouldn't be fifth-world states then.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:59 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
CA being 3rd world state? I highly doubt it!

The last time I checked, my fairly small ranch home in KY, would be valued near $850K in Southern CA!!

Old 08-18-2019, 11:12 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
CA being 3rd world state? I highly doubt it!

The last time I checked, my fairly small ranch home in KY, would be valued near $850K in Southern CA!!
One defining aspect of third world countries is unaffordable property compared to local incomes. Want to see some crazy expensive property? Look at Luanda, Angola or Kinshasa, Congo.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:16 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,391,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Ca native, born and bred. Ca is slowly turning into a land of haves and have nots 3rd world ****hole. The OP is spot on. As soon as my situation allows for it I'm gone.
Welcome to capitalism...if you want equal outcomes perhaps Soviet era Russia would suit you better.

You should be old enough to remember when the crack and gang epidemic were a plague on the streets of Los Angeles...and the homicide rate was through the roof ranking LA as one of the murder capitals of the USA.

That was late 80's and early 90's. Not the case at all anymore.

So your third world hell hole comments are a joke.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:22 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Welcome to capitalism...if you want equal outcomes perhaps Soviet era Russia would suit you better.

You should be old enough to remember when the crack and gang epidemic were a plague on the streets of Los Angeles...and the homicide rate was through the roof ranking LA as one of the murder capitals of the USA.

No, Los Angeles is the joke. That city looks like complete dung with the exception of wealthy areas.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:24 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
Quote:

I take it given your memories of the late 80s that you are not a young person in CA. If you don't already own property there the reality is completely different now.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:35 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:

Are you joking here.

The homeless camps all over the place. San Fran is so full of human **** and needles that a software app has been developed to try and help avoid all of it. The potholes in some areas are causing car damage. In downtown la the rats are causing damage to cars as been reported by more insurance claims for damage. You have to run a gauntlet of homeless people begging for money everywhere you go.

Some of the worst performing schools in the country.

I could go on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies